Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if I had to choose I'd say Arch Enemy Root of All Evil will be my choice for '09..Kinda slipped my mind.

Found on Yahoo

[h1]Autopsy scheduled in death of Huntington Beach drummer James Owen Sullivan[/h1]
December 28, 2009 | 11:48 pm

James Owen Sullivan, the drummer for the Huntington Beach rock band Avenged Sevenfold, died Monday, Orange County authorities said.

Sullivan, 28, of Huntington Beach, also performed as a backup vocalist for the group of trained multi-instrumental musicians with classical influences, which formed in 1999.

"The cause of death is still under investigation," said Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal. "An autopsy has been scheduled."

Sullivan was discovered "unresponsive" in his Huntington Beach home at 11 a.m., authorities said.
News of the musician's death prompted many messages of condolence on the band's Internet fan sites.

The group, which blended melodic hard rock with the emotional drive of hard-core punk, was named Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. Sullivan was its hard-driving drum master.
"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan," read a statement on the group's website late Monday night.

"Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother," it said. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time. Jimmy you are forever in our hearts. We love you."

-- Louis Sahagun

Photo: James Owen Sullivan. Credit: Associated Press

frown.gif
I know they're not the greatest in the world but they helped "re-pique" my interest in metal a few years ago..Celebs dropping like flies.

i never really messed with a7x, but its always sucks to see someone in the metal community die, especially at that age

rip

Originally Posted by Physicx

^that avy is mesmerizing
laugh.gif

anyways, personal albums of the year?
meant to do this earlier, no order just stuff i enjoyed, off the top of my head(excluding stuff you already posted)

coalesce-ox.jpg
- Coalesce - OX
blindtofaith_30-1.jpg
-Blind To Faith - The Seven FatYears Are Over
Tribulation-TheHorror.gif

Embrace+Of+Thorns+-+Atonement+Ritual+%282009%29.jpg
-Embrace of Thorns - Atonement Ritual
l_2bce0ef92dc84f24a4d61c00fd671950.jpg

ironagef.jpg
Iron Age - The Sleeping Eye
0582395262_l.jpg
Mammoth Grinder - Extinction of Humanity
Count-Raven-MAMMONS-425.jpg

2vkeof9.jpg

LP_denial_catacombs.gif

f-IRON_MAN249be4b8500009001.jpg

theres a bunch im missing, i'll try and post a bigger list later. plus theres a bunch of stuff i havent even listened to yet.

have a happy new year everybody.

^lol i figured you would post a bunch of albums from bands ive never heard of. which ones from my list were on yours? you damn near put me on half of them
laugh.gif

ive been meaning to check out that coalesce album though. heard very good things

also thanks to ninjalla for fleshgod apocalypse and to mace for blut aus nord

happy new year everyone

Originally Posted by Physicx

^lol i figured you would post a bunch of albums from bands ive never heard of. which ones from my list were on yours? you damn near put me on half of them
laugh.gif
Immortal, Suffocation, Converge, Ensiferum, Goatwhore, D666, Megadeth, Isis(love this), Absu, Nile, Asphyx...etc. some i still havent had thetime to listen to yet and what i havent heard of from your list i'll check out eventually. i did like the new Revocation but i cant say it grabbed me likeit did you.

some more stuff i liked from 09

Spoiler [+]
Doomriders-Darkness-Come-Alive.jpg
-Doomriders - Darkness Come Alive
l_48868735720f40a89f8540ac64850370.gif
-Pulling Teeth - Paranoid Delusions/Paradise Illusions
Grave%20Miasma.gif

minirfourcircle300DD.jpg
- Rise and Fall - Our Circle Is Vicious
Ignivomous%20death%20LP.jpg

flame54.jpg
- Teitanblood - Seven Chalices
forever_wounded_medium.jpg

E668B1_cover.JPG

i could keep going but i'll stop there. i cant really pick a favorite, some days it was Isis, other days it was Asphyx, Doomriders and so on.

I just saw the metal documentary Physicx was talking about. Pretty interesting...

Gonna give Lamb of God and Cannibal Corpse a try

Avy check! Now I just need the sig. How do I get it?

^sig? just make one yourself however you like. all of us have different ones
laugh.gif
welcome to the team my friend

thanks for all those albums of the year j1. looks like i have alot of stuff to check out this weekend

as for today, anyone ever give a listen to the black metal supergroup 'eibon'? lineup is wild:

maniac (mayhem)
fenriz (darkthrone)
satyr (satyricon)
killjoy (necrophagia)

and...

...phil anselmo? what?
roll.gif

Phil Anselmo is awesome that dudes voice is so diverse I swear dude could probably sing R&B music if he wanted too. By the way I gotta check out all thesegroups you guys are talking about.

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

I just saw the metal documentary Physicx was talking about. Pretty interesting...

So man what kind of groups do you like so far. I'm not a big fan of Lamb of God but as for Cannibal give their new album a try EviscerationPlague. Damn forgot to put that one for my top of 2009.

I dont listen to much outside of rap, but Morbid Angel, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Lamb Of God and others are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by New Wu

I dont listen to much outside of rap, but Morbid Angel, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Lamb Of God and others are
w0rd, I grew up on hip-hop & it's about 80% of what I listen to mostly..

I say check out Death, Testament, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom. Just a few I rock with heavily..I say listen to alot of bands like I did/do untilyou find the sound you enjoy most..

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Iron Age is pretty good, I found out about them through this thread.
I say check out Death, Testament, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom. Just a few I rock with heavily..I say listen to alot of bands like I did/do until you find the sound you enjoy most..
I can't stand Bruce Dickinson's vocals. I'll probably check out the other bands you listed though.

Bruce's vocals are awesome. Look at past pages for some more recommendations. Here are some i listen to on the regular

Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Dio
Accept
Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Testament
Exodus
Overkill
Saxon
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Celtic Frost
Slayer
Venom

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Iron Age is pretty good, I found out about them through this thread.
I say check out Death, Testament, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom. Just a few I rock with heavily..I say listen to alot of bands like I did/do until you find the sound you enjoy most..
I can't stand Bruce Dickinson's vocals. I'll probably check out the other bands you listed though.

Bruce's vocals are awesome. Look at past pages for some more recommendations. Here are some i listen to on the regular

Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Dio
Accept
Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Testament
Exodus
Overkill
Saxon
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Celtic Frost
Slayer
Venom

anyone interested in meeting behemoth?

http://tix.artistarena.com/behemoth/

user - behemoth
pw - tickets

you get meet and greet, early entry to venue, affliction shirt (
sick.gif
) and autographed poster. 66 bucks though

lately been listening to the new eluveitie. i was fooled cause everyone told me that their newest album would be all acoustic like the one earlier this year.its not
pimp.gif
. crossing my fingers and hoping they are on paganfest north america. the europe lineup is finntroll, eluveitie and arkona so i HOPE its the same.equilibrium would be nice too

oh and as for decapitated i heard that they will be touring north america this year with the new lineup

imo they would be a perfect headliner/co-headliner for summer slaughter

Originally Posted by BCF06

So man what kind of groups do you like so far. I'm not a big fan of Lamb of God but as for Cannibal give their new album a try Evisceration Plague. Damn forgot to put that one for my top of 2009.
As of right now i'll go ahead and say Trivium is my favorite but I also listen to Metallica and Slipknot. I'm pretty new to metal butI'm slowly starting to venture out to different metal groups but when i see you guys post all these list i cant help but feel overwhelmed
laugh.gif

Can you guys recommend me some groups that sound similar or have the same style as Trivium?

First time posting in this thread. I can't say I've listened to Metal in the last bunch of years, but this year has been full of amazing albums.

I could name a whole lot more, but these are some of my favorite releases of the past year:

Altar of Plagues - White Tomb (Ireland - "Black" Metal with an interesting Ecological/Conservationist leaning. This is an incredible album! Probablymy favorite of the ones I'm listing here)

211m3nm.jpg

Black Math Horseman - Wyltt (USA - Post-Metal Doom from Los Angeles. Real moody & dense music that covers lots of ground both stylistically andfeeling-wise. Complemented well by a female vocalist)

BlackMathHorseman-Wyltt.jpg

Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes - (Australia - Atmospheric Black Metal. Real pounding and depressive, gloomy stuff at times. Great album)

cbdac605.jpg

Wolves in the Throne Room - Black Cascade (USA - really unique take on Black Metal - basically black metal for people who don't like black metal)

Black Sun - Paralyser (Scotland - Industrial Doom Metal - Sounds like a more metal-ized version of Godflesh & Swans)

Black%2BSun%2B-%2BParalyser.jpg

Grave Miasma - Exalted Emmanation (UK Black Metal. Hands down THE best black metal release this year. Nothing is touching it)

Cvrgrave_upsized.jpg

Cobalt - Gin (USA - Black Power Metal with a "depressive" edge to it. One of the best, if not the best American metal releases this year)

cobalt-gin.jpg

Alcest/Les Discrets Split Album (France - Shoegaze X Atmospheric Metal. Kind of like Isis and/or Neurosis with a moodier, drawn-out sound)

Circle of Ouroborus - Islands (Finland - Experimental Ambient Black Metal with a focus on the occult, mysticism &nature)

sbhv9h.jpg

clear.gif

Njiqahdda - Taegnuub : Ishnji Angma (USA - Psychedelic & AtmosphericBlack Metal. Difficult to find, but worth it)

frontcover.38125322.jpg

Howl - Howl (USA - Rhode Island "Stoner Metal" - Real powerful progressions, chunky riffs & grindcore style vocals. Heavy stuff)

1497fr6.jpg

Originally Posted by BCF06

So man what kind of groups do you like so far. I'm not a big fan of Lamb of God but as for Cannibal give their new album a try Evisceration Plague. Damn forgot to put that one for my top of 2009.
As of right now i'll go ahead and say Trivium is my favorite but I also listen to Metallica and Slipknot. I'm pretty new to metal but I'm slowly starting to venture out to different metal groups but when i see you guys post all these list i cant help but feel overwhelmed
laugh.gif

Can you guys recommend me some groups that sound similar or have the same style as Trivium?
- Shadows Fall
- Killswitch Engage
- God Forbid
- As I Lay Dying
- All That Remains
- In Flames
- Arch Enemy
- November's Doom?
- The Sword
- Between the Buried and Me?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Grave Miasma - Exalted Emmanation (UK Black Metal. Hands down THE best black metal release this year. Nothing is touching it)

Cvrgrave_upsized.jpg
pimp.gif
i had this on one of my lists. dont sleep on this folks. iNEED it on vinyl now.

Back
Top Bottom