Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I barely got around to jamming Exodus, and Bonded By Blood is easily the best album I've heard from them.
Exodus is my favorite track, "Kick in your face, and rape,and murder YOUR WIFE!"
pimp.gif
Damn dude, you just barely jammed out to Exodus.  Your missing out.  They have a good amount of albums there.
I as trying to jam to them before they came with Megadeth since I hadn't heard of them but ran out of time, so now that summer rolled around and I have no school I'm catching up on music

Iron Maiden Setlist

1. Wickerman
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. Thousand suns
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
6. Benjamin Breeg
7. These colours don't run
8. Bloodbrothers
9. Wildest dreams
10. No more lies
11. Brave new world
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. 666 ...
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running free

I love all the latest stuff.

Originally Posted by matttherippersanchez

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Pestilence, Warbringer, Vital Remains, Enfold Darkness and Sacrificial Slaughter the day after I finish with finals.  Not 100% sure I'll go, but I can't see why not other than if I'm exhausted.

Definitely go. We played the Dallas date of that tour, and it was a @%%@$%$ blast.
Come on man thats not enough.  You gotta give the details.  How was it?  How did the crowd react to you guys?
Ask and you shall receive, my friend. It was absolutely awesome. We were the last local band on the main stage, but it was an early show, so we played at 6:15. That said, there was still a pretty huge crowd there. Plus, the Ridglea Theater is one of my favorite venues to play because the stage is huge, and the sound is impeccable. I never have a problem with my monitor mix when we play there. The crowd was definitely the best we've had since we got our new drummer, and one of the best we've ever had. We had two simultaneous pits during Whirlwind. I'm usually busy thrashing around and going insane, but that was something I had to just stop and watch haha. I had a lot of old friends come out to the show, which made it even more meaningful. I got completely wasted afterwards, and I didn't pay for a single drink
smile.gif
Pestilence completely ruled, as did Goatwhore and Vital Remains, but I got introduced to Enfold Darkness, and those guys are pretty sweet. I had never heard them before, but they put on a hell of a show. Warbringer isn't bad, but if I want to hear Slayer, I'll listen to Slayer. People have been talking up Revocation a lot, but I didn't get a chance to check them out cause we were loading our gear into our trailer. We sold a ton of merch and CDs, which is always awesome, and I got to hang out, drink and eat barbecue with the dudes from all the bands I've mentioned. Its really cool to hear touring bands comment on how good your band is, especially when its the guys from Pestilence. So, it was an absolute blast, and I can't wait to play with Nevermore at the same place in October.
pimp.gif

Iron Maiden Setlist

1. Wickerman
3. Thousand suns
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
6. Benjamin Breeg
8. Bloodbrothers
9. Wildest dreams
10. No more lies
11. Brave new world
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. 666 ...
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running free

You asked for the details, bro so here we go. Having already posted the setlist, part of the surprise is already removed. I had to work tonight, so I missed Dream Theater, which I'm not too upset about because I've seen them twice. I just had to make it there to see my favorite band ever.
smile.gif

I walked into the venue during Thousand Suns, so while I wasn't actually in my seat, I was able to watch on the monitors. I'm disappointed now that I missed Wicker Man, but I'm also a little relieved that I didn't miss any of their older stuff. Like you said, bro, I love the lastest stuff, BUT I didn't go out to the record store and buy all of their albums because of Blood Brothers. There aren't ten (yes, ten) big #$# original Iron Maiden posters adorning my walls because of Paschendale, and I sure as hell don't own nearly 30 of their shirts because of Ghost of the Navigator. As I've said before, Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time, and it isn't close. For the ten years, I've been playing guitar, they've been my biggest influence for 7 of them, so its a bit disappointing for them to only play five pre-Blaze songs. Also, and I'm just nitpicking here, but they could have played anything but Running Free. Don't get me wrong, I dig Di'Anno-era Maiden, but if they were going that route, I would've preferred Wrathchild, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or Killers. I'm still extremely bitter about missing the Somewhere Back in Time tour because Powerslave and Somewhere in Time are my two favorite records, not just of Maiden, but all time. That would have been the perfect opportunity to catch them, but unfortunately, it didn't come anywhere near Dallas, and while I would have been more than happy to road trip, the tour didn't stop any place feasible to reach on a weekend. Now that I'm done complaining, we can move on to the positives.

It's Iron Maiden. That is the most important thing to remember here. They are, in my mind, the best band on the planet, and it was my first time to see them live. The energy on stage was incredible, especially from Bruce. I've come to expect this, as I've nearly worn out my live DVDs haha, but it was really badass to see it in person. The stage setup was absolutely phenomenal as well. It has a military hangar feel too it, with plenty of room for Bruce to climb on it and run around. There were also little hidden passageways to the backstage area that the techs used to bring Dave and Adrian other guitars, and Bruce used to leave when he felt like it. The Eddie they bring out looked absolutely awesome, and at the end of the song, they gave him a guitar to play, which was hilarious. When they played Number of the Beast, there was an animatronic Satan onstage towards the back right, and I'm pretty sure that's the coolest thing I've ever seen on a stage, just slightly cooler than when Slayer had their cabs stacked in the shape of inverted crosses during the Unholy Alliance tour. All things considered, it was a fabulous show. I'm still really happy that I went, despite not playing as many of the older songs as I anticipated they would. I'm looking forward to seeing them as many times as possible in the future, and hopefully I'll get to hear those classic songs get their due. Maybe more songs off Seventh Son? I won't hold my breath
laugh.gif

Pestilence, Warbringer, Vital Remains, Enfold Darkness and Sacrificial Slaughter the day after I finish with finals.  Not 100% sure I'll go, but I can't see why not other than if I'm exhausted.

Definitely go. We played the Dallas date of that tour, and it was a @%%@$%$ blast.
Come on man thats not enough.  You gotta give the details.  How was it?  How did the crowd react to you guys?
Ask and you shall receive, my friend. It was absolutely awesome. We were the last local band on the main stage, but it was an early show, so we played at 6:15. That said, there was still a pretty huge crowd there. Plus, the Ridglea Theater is one of my favorite venues to play because the stage is huge, and the sound is impeccable. I never have a problem with my monitor mix when we play there. The crowd was definitely the best we've had since we got our new drummer, and one of the best we've ever had. We had two simultaneous pits during Whirlwind. I'm usually busy thrashing around and going insane, but that was something I had to just stop and watch haha. I had a lot of old friends come out to the show, which made it even more meaningful. I got completely wasted afterwards, and I didn't pay for a single drink
smile.gif
Pestilence completely ruled, as did Goatwhore and Vital Remains, but I got introduced to Enfold Darkness, and those guys are pretty sweet. I had never heard them before, but they put on a hell of a show. Warbringer isn't bad, but if I want to hear Slayer, I'll listen to Slayer. People have been talking up Revocation a lot, but I didn't get a chance to check them out cause we were loading our gear into our trailer. We sold a ton of merch and CDs, which is always awesome, and I got to hang out, drink and eat barbecue with the dudes from all the bands I've mentioned. Its really cool to hear touring bands comment on how good your band is, especially when its the guys from Pestilence. So, it was an absolute blast, and I can't wait to play with Nevermore at the same place in October.
pimp.gif
Damn Matt you guys are doing it.  This is awesome to hear man especially when your getting compliments from the other groups.  I don't promise you anything man but I really want to be there when you guys come to San Antonio.  So you guys have merchandise and CD's out?  By the way man is Whirlwind to you guys what the Iron Maiden song is to Iron Maiden?

Iron Maiden Setlist

1. Wickerman
3. Thousand suns
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
6. Benjamin Breeg
8. Bloodbrothers
9. Wildest dreams
10. No more lies
11. Brave new world
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. 666 ...
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running free

You asked for the details, bro so here we go. Having already posted the setlist, part of the surprise is already removed. I had to work tonight, so I missed Dream Theater, which I'm not too upset about because I've seen them twice. I just had to make it there to see my favorite band ever.
smile.gif

I walked into the venue during Thousand Suns, so while I wasn't actually in my seat, I was able to watch on the monitors. I'm disappointed now that I missed Wicker Man, but I'm also a little relieved that I didn't miss any of their older stuff. Like you said, bro, I love the lastest stuff, BUT I didn't go out to the record store and buy all of their albums because of Blood Brothers. There aren't ten (yes, ten) big #$# original Iron Maiden posters adorning my walls because of Paschendale, and I sure as hell don't own nearly 30 of their shirts because of Ghost of the Navigator. As I've said before, Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time, and it isn't close. For the ten years, I've been playing guitar, they've been my biggest influence for 7 of them, so its a bit disappointing for them to only play five pre-Blaze songs. Also, and I'm just nitpicking here, but they could have played anything but Running Free. Don't get me wrong, I dig Di'Anno-era Maiden, but if they were going that route, I would've preferred Wrathchild, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or Killers. I'm still extremely bitter about missing the Somewhere Back in Time tour because Powerslave and Somewhere in Time are my two favorite records, not just of Maiden, but all time. That would have been the perfect opportunity to catch them, but unfortunately, it didn't come anywhere near Dallas, and while I would have been more than happy to road trip, the tour didn't stop any place feasible to reach on a weekend. Now that I'm done complaining, we can move on to the positives.

It's Iron Maiden. That is the most important thing to remember here. They are, in my mind, the best band on the planet, and it was my first time to see them live. The energy on stage was incredible, especially from Bruce. I've come to expect this, as I've nearly worn out my live DVDs haha, but it was really badass to see it in person. The stage setup was absolutely phenomenal as well. It has a military hangar feel too it, with plenty of room for Bruce to climb on it and run around. There were also little hidden passageways to the backstage area that the techs used to bring Dave and Adrian other guitars, and Bruce used to leave when he felt like it. The Eddie they bring out looked absolutely awesome, and at the end of the song, they gave him a guitar to play, which was hilarious. When they played Number of the Beast, there was an animatronic Satan onstage towards the back right, and I'm pretty sure that's the coolest thing I've ever seen on a stage, just slightly cooler than when Slayer had their cabs stacked in the shape of inverted crosses during the Unholy Alliance tour. All things considered, it was a fabulous show. I'm still really happy that I went, despite not playing as many of the older songs as I anticipated they would. I'm looking forward to seeing them as many times as possible in the future, and hopefully I'll get to hear those classic songs get their due. Maybe more songs off Seventh Son? I won't hold my breath
laugh.gif
You know what man I understand what you mean and I totally respect your opinion.  I'm taking my sister to see them for the first time since she missed out on the last one and she is upset about some more classics not being played but they had already said that after The Somewhere back in time tour they would play their later albums.  I do agree that two more classics wouldn't have hurt and thanks for the feedback on the show.  I heard Dream Theater played pretty good.  I remember that Satan dude coming out on the tour in 08, its pretty cool.  Did you get any merchandise?

As for your wish for songs off of Seventh Son.  Your wish might come true in a few more years.  They usually bring out a DVD of their history and tour on behalf of that.  Well there is a rumor that the next DVD is Maiden England (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour).  They will more thank likely play a majority of the songs or maybe the whole album.

Hey Matt you guys got any summer dates set up?  I've been thinking about heading down there for a weekend or something.

We've got June 20th at LaBare which is a dude strip club where our drummer works haha, and then the following weekend, June 26th at Pitcher's in Arlington. Then we've got July 3rd at a place south of Dallas called Dead Dog Barn. Our singer grew up with the owner, and its always a blast of a party out there. After that, we may be taking some time off for our drummer to get his miniscus issue sorted out. He's been having trouble with his knee here of late, and it doesn't appear too serious, but he wants to get it checked out and rest it a bit. If anything happens in July/August I'll let you know. When did you plan on heading up here?

smile.gif
pimp.gif
Damn Matt you guys are doing it.  This is awesome to hear man especially when your getting compliments from the other groups.  I don't promise you anything man but I really want to be there when you guys come to San Antonio.  So you guys have merchandise and CD's out?  By the way man is Whirlwind to you guys what the Iron Maiden song is to Iron Maiden?

Thanks, bro. I'll be sure to let you know when we're playing down there. We haven't been to San Antonio in forever, so I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later. We've got a CD, its kinda old, and I think you guys downloaded the tracks off our last.fm before they disabled that feature. We do have two types of shirts, a basic Verdict of Vengeance shirt with our logo on the back, and the other is a Whirlwind shirt. I'll get some pics of it up for you guys. Yeah, Whirlwind is like our Stairway to Heaven, Back in Black, and other songs of that nature, but obviously not that magnitude.

Iron Maiden Setlist

1. Wickerman
3. Thousand suns
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
6. Benjamin Breeg
8. Bloodbrothers
9. Wildest dreams
10. No more lies
11. Brave new world
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. 666 ...
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running free

smile.gif

laugh.gif
You know what man I understand what you mean and I totally respect your opinion.  I'm taking my sister to see them for the first time since she missed out on the last one and she is upset about some more classics not being played but they had already said that after The Somewhere back in time tour they would play their later albums.  I do agree that two more classics wouldn't have hurt and thanks for the feedback on the show.  I heard Dream Theater played pretty good.  I remember that Satan dude coming out on the tour in 08, its pretty cool.  Did you get any merchandise?

As for your wish for songs off of Seventh Son.  Your wish might come true in a few more years.  They usually bring out a DVD of their history and tour on behalf of that.  Well there is a rumor that the next DVD is Maiden England (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour).  They will more thank likely play a majority of the songs or maybe the whole album.
Yeah, bro. I got a Maiden shirt, and I'll snap some pics and post it for ya! I really wanted one of their soccer jerseys, but they were $#+*%* $125. Yeah, I've noticed the touring for the DVD thing, but unfortunately those themed tours haven't been coming to Dallas. Before last night, the last time they were here was 2003. Now I have the ability to road trip for the shows, but the dates they played in Texas last year weren't manageable with my gig/work schedule, which is extremely unfortunate cause all they played were songs off Powerslave and Somewhere in Time, which just so happen to be my favorite records ever, not just of Maiden's. Part of the charm of Seventh Son is that a lot of Maiden fans I know hate it, and they consider it Maiden's disco record. I love it though.

CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESSSSS?!

Hey Matt you guys got any summer dates set up?  I've been thinking about heading down there for a weekend or something.

We've got June 20th at LaBare which is a dude strip club where our drummer works haha, and then the following weekend, June 26th at Pitcher's in Arlington. Then we've got July 3rd at a place south of Dallas called Dead Dog Barn. Our singer grew up with the owner, and its always a blast of a party out there. After that, we may be taking some time off for our drummer to get his miniscus issue sorted out. He's been having trouble with his knee here of late, and it doesn't appear too serious, but he wants to get it checked out and rest it a bit. If anything happens in July/August I'll let you know. When did you plan on heading up here?
Oh man, that's way to far in the future.  Nah, but seriously I have no clue.  I figured I'd see what dates you guys had set up and then look at what all I have going on.

Iron Maiden Setlist

1. Wickerman
3. Thousand suns
4. El Dorado
5. Paschendale
6. Benjamin Breeg
8. Bloodbrothers
9. Wildest dreams
10. No more lies
11. Brave new world
12. Fear of the dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. 666 ...
15. Hallowed be thy name
16. Running free

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, bro. I got a Maiden shirt, and I'll snap some pics and post it for ya! I really wanted one of their soccer jerseys, but they were $#+*%* $125. Yeah, I've noticed the touring for the DVD thing, but unfortunately those themed tours haven't been coming to Dallas. Before last night, the last time they were here was 2003. Now I have the ability to road trip for the shows, but the dates they played in Texas last year weren't manageable with my gig/work schedule, which is extremely unfortunate cause all they played were songs off Powerslave and Somewhere in Time, which just so happen to be my favorite records ever, not just of Maiden's. Part of the charm of Seventh Son is that a lot of Maiden fans I know hate it, and they consider it Maiden's disco record. I love it though.

CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESSSSS?!
Seventh Son is awesome.  Somewhere in Time, I can say is my all time favorite album.  There is no other album like it.  From Adrian Smith's insaninly melodic guitar work and solos to Bruce's vocals at his finest.  Nicko's drumming and Steve Harris' gallop through the whole album are the icing on the cake. 

Seventh Son takes over from there but changes it up a bit by more keyboard but it gives a vibe I can't explain.  Prophecy is my favorite song on their and Can I play with Madness isn't to far behind.  As for the the Somwhere Back in Time tour they played mostly Powerslave songs.  The only songs I remember from Somewhere in Time are Heaven can Wait and Wasted Years.  I wish they would have played Sea of Madness, The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner, or Caught Somewhere in time,  Hell even Alexander the Great.

Yeah, dude I feel ya. Somewhere in Time is such an awesome album to me because Adrian Smith is my favorite member of Maiden, and its basically an Adrian showcase album. His solos on Wasted Years, Caught Somewhere in Time, and Stranger in a Strangeland are absolutely incredible. I never got around to learning Caught Somewhere in Time, minus a few parts I learned by ear, but I can play the other two. Trust me, once the show was over, I threw my Jackson 6 on and played all the tunes I wish they would have. Pics of my Maiden shirt forthcoming..

Alright, you asked for it, so here it comes. My shirt is on the left, my mom's on the right. My sister got a pretty sweet !$$ shirt, but hers is in the washer. I'll try to snap a pic of it later today.

Another shirt I can add to the collection! One of these days, I need to get them all out and snap a pic for you dudes. Its sickening how many Maiden shirts I own.

Man I really wanna go to see Maiden and Dream Theater but moneys tight and I'm out of a job as of last week.
One of the main reasons I wanna go is to see Dream Theater, John Petrucci is a @#+!%+! beast!

0:38-0:40 Those perfect sweeps got me, I need help with sweep picking since it's one of the few things I can't do
ohwell.gif

^ouch dude, sorry to hear about your job. best of luck finding another one

setlist was expected. i guess it could have been better but im not gonna bother complaining cause it might ruin my mood. wicker man one of my favorite songs so this will be great

bcf, thats awesome that you won fttb, $@%@ i hope i win. i got a friend who will be seated to buy me my merch so i can run straight to the floor, win or lose. merch looks great too! matt how much were each? were there any hoodies? i need to know how much i should bring. bcf, if its not too much trouble, could you post a pic of the merch table so i know what i want?

lately been listening to unleashed - midvinterblot. great album

Originally Posted by Physicx

setlist was expected. i guess it could have been better but im not gonna bother complaining cause it might ruin my mood. wicker man one of my favorite songs so this will be great

bcf, thats awesome that you won fttb, $@%@ i hope i win. i got a friend who will be seated to buy me my merch so i can run straight to the floor, win or lose. merch looks great too! matt how much were each? were there any hoodies? i need to know how much i should bring. bcf, if its not too much trouble, could you post a pic of the merch table so i know what i want?

Where the hell have you been Physicx?  I haven't seen you post in a minute.  As for the prices most shirts are $35.  My show isn't till tomorrow and I hear the venue has strict camera policy but here is a link of the merchstand for the Iron Maiden shirts.  My computer is screwing up so it would be cool if you could save the picture and post it.

http://www.ironmaiden.com...d.php?t=75967&page=3

Just scroll down.

Man dude I can't wait.  Your lucky you know someone in the seats.  I have to get shirts first, then water, then piss, until I get to the barrier if I even get that.  I just want to get on Adrian Smith's and Dave Murray's side because I heard they throw the most picks.

Alright, you asked for it, so here it comes. My shirt is on the left, my mom's on the right. My sister got a pretty sweet !$$ shirt, but hers is in the washer. I'll try to snap a pic of it later today.

Another shirt I can add to the collection! One of these days, I need to get them all out and snap a pic for you dudes. Its sickening how many Maiden shirts I own.
I plan on getting that El Dorado shirt.  I want to at least get 3 shirts and a program.  The El Dorado, Final Frontier, and the Event shirt even though I think it is ugly.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Man I really wanna go to see Maiden and Dream Theater but moneys tight and I'm out of a job as of last week.
One of the main reasons I wanna go is to see Dream Theater, John Petrucci is a @#+!%+! beast!

0:38-0:40 Those perfect sweeps got me, I need help with sweep picking since it's one of the few things I can't do
ohwell.gif

Dude I can't wait to see them play Pull Me Under.

Where the hell have you been Physicx?  I haven't seen you post in a minute.  As for the prices most shirts are $35.  My show isn't till tomorrow and I hear the venue has strict camera policy but here is a link of the merchstand for the Iron Maiden shirts.  My computer is screwing up so it would be cool if you could save the picture and post it.

Just scroll down.

Man dude I can't wait.  Your lucky you know someone in the seats.  I have to get shirts first, then water, then piss, until I get to the barrier if I even get that.  I just want to get on Adrian Smith's and Dave Murray's side because I heard they throw the most picks.
I'd be on that side too cause they're the real guitar players
pimp.gif

Just scroll down.

I'd be on that side too cause they're the real guitar players
pimp.gif
Damn right.  Hey did you see any programs for sale?

my bad dude. lol ninja asked me the same thing on facebook and my whereabouts. ive been working. i guess i could be on nt all *!%%*%%$%!*$@ day at work BUT im kinda paranoid nowadays cause someone in the office adjacent to mine got fired for their productivity being too low. they found out that the company laptop was being used for facebook and nothing else
laugh.gif
smh.gif

yuku sucks too

anyways, heres the pic. i wish i got a better view of the hoodie at 15. and i dont like the final frontier art that much either, but ill prolly get it anyways over the other tour shirt

18dtnb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom