Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BCF06

I'm starting to really dislike Children of Bodom. These dudes never come here. How the hell am I supposed to dig there music apart from the album if they alway skip us. They go to a bunch of hick towns but skip San Antonio.

I see they are going your way again Physicx, are you going?

Man I find it hard to believe the skip your hood when they've come through here so much. I've seen them five times here (six times overall). It sucks, though, but it isn't their fault. The people who organize the tour determine where it goes. Bodom just shows up.

Originally Posted by matttherippersanchez

I'm starting to really dislike Children of Bodom. These dudes never come here. How the hell am I supposed to dig there music apart from the album if they alway skip us. They go to a bunch of hick towns but skip San Antonio.

Man I find it hard to believe the skip your hood when they've come through here so much. I've seen them five times here (six times overall). It sucks, though, but it isn't their fault. The people who organize the tour determine where it goes. Bodom just shows up.
Your right man I didn't think when I said that comment.  I just haven't seen them.  You hit it on the head with the management.  A lot of groups rely on their managers for tours and other things.  Damn dude you seen them six times.  I don't think I've ever seen a group more than twice.

So Matt what you guys have coming next. I know you said that yall are going to tour with Nevermore and the almighty Warbringer. Hahaha. I see a San Antonio date on October 8 are you guys going to that show.

nevermore will be wicked. we have the last date on the tour and i hope they enlist a wicked local band to open for them

anyways, matt, i wanted to ask regarding bands skipping some cities: is there any truth that it may be a venue's fault for not booking a tour? i always read about people complaining about someone skipping over their city, then other people saying its not the bands fault, its the venue's fault for not stepping up and booking them. im not sure what that means, nor if its true

Your right man I didn't think when I said that comment.  I just haven't seen them.  You hit it on the head with the management.  A lot of groups rely on their managers for tours and other things.  Damn dude you seen them six times.  I don't think I've ever seen a group more than twice.

I feel ya, dude. Its easy to blame the band when their tour doesn't come to your city. Although, if that were true, the blame would fall on BLS in this scenario since they're the headliners on the tour. I'm not the biggest fan of BLS, but I think I'll go for Bodom, and our drummer really likes 2Cents, so I wanna check them out.

Yeah, dude. After I saw Bodom with Trivium and Amon Amarth, I got into em real hard, and I went to see them every time they came to town. Also, whoever put Trivium on that bill is #$%+*** ******ed. I don't mind Trivium, especially since they started playing 7s, but they didn't fit at all. It was funny seeing the scene kids in tight pants dancing around while the death metal crowd stood there, arms folded looking angry. Quite the contrast haha

Breaks down like this:
1. Dallas- Bodom w/ Amon Amarth, Trivium
2. Oklahoma City- Bodom w/ God Forbid, Through the Eyes of the Dead (love these dudes)
3. Dallas- Bodom w/ Lamb of God, Slayer, Mastodon
4. Dallas- Bodom w/ Megadeth, In Flames
5. Dallas- Bodom w/ Between the Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder
6. Dallas- Bodom w/ Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, God Forbid, Municipal Waste

I've also seen Killswitch Engage four times, and they're my favorite live band. They have so much energy, always have a great time, and they always bring out something new. When I saw them at Mayhem Fest last year, they had the entire lawn doing the wall of death. Love that band. I've been to a lot of shows, and played lots of shows, so there's a good chance I've seen a whole bunch of bands more than twice haha

So Matt what you guys have coming next. I know you said that yall are going to tour with Nevermore and the almighty Warbringer. Hahaha. I see a San Antonio date on October 8 are you guys going to that show.

Here's our upcoming gig schedule.

June 20th- LaBare Dallas (our drummer is a dancer there, and apparently puts on badass metal shows)
June 26th- Pitcher's in Arlington
July 3rd- Dead Dog Barn in South Dallas

After that, we're gonna take about a month off to let Reuben (our drummer) get his knee checked out. He's had issues with his miniscus for sometime, so we wanna make sure it isn't serious. That will also give us some time to start writing new material on our 8s
happy.gif
After that, we're going to get in the studio, hopefully record a full length, get some new merch, and try to get back out on the road. We're playing the Fort Worth date of the Nevermore tour, not actually going on tour with them, unfortunately
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

nevermore will be wicked. we have the last date on the tour and i hope they enlist a wicked local band to open for them

anyways, matt, i wanted to ask regarding bands skipping some cities: is there any truth that it may be a venue's fault for not booking a tour? i always read about people complaining about someone skipping over their city, then other people saying its not the bands fault, its the venue's fault for not stepping up and booking them. im not sure what that means, nor if its true
The most straightforward answer I can give you is that I'm really not entirely sure. The most likely scenario is that the tour's representation and the venue couldn't come to an agreement on a guarantee, which is the amount of money the band will make just for showing up. There are other determining factors, I'm sure, but that would be the most likely.

I feel ya, dude. Its easy to blame the band when their tour doesn't come to your city. Although, if that were true, the blame would fall on BLS in this scenario since they're the headliners on the tour. I'm not the biggest fan of BLS, but I think I'll go for Bodom, and our drummer really likes 2Cents, so I wanna check them out.

Yeah, dude. After I saw Bodom with Trivium and Amon Amarth, I got into em real hard, and I went to see them every time they came to town. Also, whoever put Trivium on that bill is #$%+*** ******ed. I don't mind Trivium, especially since they started playing 7s, but they didn't fit at all. It was funny seeing the scene kids in tight pants dancing around while the death metal crowd stood there, arms folded looking angry. Quite the contrast haha

Breaks down like this:
1. Dallas- Bodom w/ Amon Amarth, Trivium
2. Oklahoma City- Bodom w/ God Forbid, Through the Eyes of the Dead (love these dudes)
3. Dallas- Bodom w/ Lamb of God, Slayer, Mastodon
4. Dallas- Bodom w/ Megadeth, In Flames
5. Dallas- Bodom w/ Between the Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder
6. Dallas- Bodom w/ Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, God Forbid, Municipal Waste

I've also seen Killswitch Engage four times, and they're my favorite live band. They have so much energy, always have a great time, and they always bring out something new. When I saw them at Mayhem Fest last year, they had the entire lawn doing the wall of death. Love that band. I've been to a lot of shows, and played lots of shows, so there's a good chance I've seen a whole bunch of bands more than twice haha
I honestly can say I just started going to shows consistently.  About the only concert I went to back in the day was Pantera.

As for Killswitch, dude I just didn't get off to them at Mayhemfest.  To me they tried way to hard to impress the crowd and that guitarist just annoys the hell out of me.  But to each his own.  Yeah BLS comes often I just don't understand why not this time but I think they came last year because they came with Mudvayne and I don't dig their music.  Their not all that bad but something about the singer just irks me.

June 20th- LaBare Dallas (our drummer is a dancer there, and apparently puts on badass metal shows)

After that, we're gonna take about a month off to let Reuben (our drummer) get his knee checked out. He's had issues with his miniscus for sometime, so we wanna make sure it isn't serious. That will also give us some time to start writing new material on our 8s
happy.gif
After that, we're going to get in the studio, hopefully record a full length, get some new merch, and try to get back out on the road. We're playing the Fort Worth date of the Nevermore tour, not actually going on tour with them, unfortunately
frown.gif
frown.gif
Damn  I thought yall were going the whole tour with them.  What a bummer but its all good.  Damn dude some new material sounds cool.  I dig yalls stuff right now can't wait to see what yall come up with next.  Do yall have any ideas right now.

Details for the Power Of The Riff festival have been announced. The fest is scheduled for August 8th at the Echo and Echoplex in Los Angeles, California and is slated to be an all day, all ages, free show and record swap aimed to "honor fans and musicians of heavy music of all ages." More info to come!

Bands released so far:
Corrosion Of Conformity
Goatsnake
From Ashes Rise
Trap Them
Repulsion
Nails
Coliseum
Night Horse
Black Breath
Eagle Twin
Early Graves
Righteous Fool
Semen Sundae
The $+#%%+% Wrath
Rats Eyes
Spider Feve

this fest looks awesome and its FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

in5ws0.gif

Everytime we are about to get something free in my city. They change their mind and charge. They did that when Paul Dianno came and with Saxon.

Damn that looks awesome J1Goku, I have yet to see Corrosion of Conformity.
its supposed to be the "Animosity" line up. if their whole set consists of songs off that and "Eye For An Eye" i'll be beyond stoked.

i believe scion is putting this fest on and theyve been great at giving us (LA) and Atlanta free metal shows every couple months. free shows and festivals cant beat that.

^mind $*+*
sick.gif

them and impetuous ritual are sick. dont know what theyre putting in that australian drinking water

i only know a couple bands from that lineup: black breath (from this thread), from ashes rise, repulsion and corrosion of conformity. i always hear about these free scion festivals and im super jealous

your help is needed again my friends

summer breeze running order is up, and there are a few conflicts, but not as bad as wacken. funny, because summer breeze has a better lineup than wacken this year

1) swallow the sun vs obituary - im thinking obituary, but i do like swallow the sun. might have to be a last minute decision

2) triptykon vs dark tranquillity - i seen dark tranquillity just a month ago, but @$@+ they were awesome and was looking forward to seeing them again. however, when is the next time ill have a chanve to see triptykon. i heard they play celtic frost covers too

3) kylesa vs cannibal corpse - cannibal corpse!

4) hypocrisy vs origin - ill see origin at party san guarantee so no big loss and im sure theyll tour NA soon anyways. never seen hypocrisy before so i guess thats who gets the nod

5) gwar vs dying fetus - prolly dying fetus cause gwar is back every year. would of been cool to see them in a festival atmosphere though

6) manegarm vs korpiklaani - because putting 2 folk bands on at the same time makes sooooo much sense right?

7) children of bodom vs asphyx - hmmm...

Originally Posted by Physicx

your help is needed again my friends

summer breeze running order is up, and there are a few conflicts, but not as bad as wacken. funny, because summer breeze has a better lineup than wacken this year

1) swallow the sun vs obituary - im thinking obituary, but i do like swallow the sun. might have to be a last minute decision

2) triptykon vs dark tranquillity - i seen dark tranquillity just a month ago, but @$@+ they were awesome and was looking forward to seeing them again. however, when is the next time ill have a chanve to see triptykon. i heard they play celtic frost covers too

3) kylesa vs cannibal corpse - cannibal corpse!

4) hypocrisy vs origin - ill see origin at party san guarantee so no big loss and im sure theyll tour NA soon anyways. never seen hypocrisy before so i guess thats who gets the nod

5) gwar vs dying fetus - prolly dying fetus cause gwar is back every year. would of been cool to see them in a festival atmosphere though

6) manegarm vs korpiklaani - because putting 2 folk bands on at the same time makes sooooo much sense right?

7) children of bodom vs asphyx - hmmm...
Damn you Phyiscx, yall gett all the good stuff up there.  Anyway just my opinion

1. Obituary (These guys are two awesome to miss)

2. Triptykon (Those Celtic Frost Covers alone are well worth it and who knows when you will see them again)

3.  Cannibal Corpse- These guys always put on some of the best shows around.

4.Hypocrisy

5.  Dying Fetus

6. Dont know these guys.

7.  I think you have seen COB a junkload of times but when you love a group its not enough.  I guess check out there setlist to see if it is worth checking them out again.  If they play the same stuff check out Asphyx.

happy.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Damn  I thought yall were going the whole tour with them.  What a bummer but its all good.  Damn dude some new material sounds cool.  I dig yalls stuff right now can't wait to see what yall come up with next.  Do yall have any ideas right now.
Trust me, bro. I'd be doing back flips off the roof of my house if we were doing the full tour, but its cool enough to share the stage with Loomis. As for new stuff, I have two full songs ready to go, and a third that is about half done. I haven't looked/played them in awhile, so I'll be revisiting them when it comes time to bring in new jams. The stuff I'm writing is $$+%*%% brutal, more technical and with a more powerful groove than a lot of the songs we have in our catalog, and it will only get heavier when the 8 strings arrive. I'm also working on ways, in my head for the time being, of adapting some of our current songs to the 8s which will be tuned to DADGCFAD, that way we can very easily drop any of our current open D breakdowns down an octave for maximum carnage.

happy.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Trust me, bro. I'd be doing back flips off the roof of my house if we were doing the full tour, but its cool enough to share the stage with Loomis. As for new stuff, I have two full songs ready to go, and a third that is about half done. I haven't looked/played them in awhile, so I'll be revisiting them when it comes time to bring in new jams. The stuff I'm writing is $$+%*%% brutal, more technical and with a more powerful groove than a lot of the songs we have in our catalog, and it will only get heavier when the 8 strings arrive. I'm also working on ways, in my head for the time being, of adapting some of our current songs to the 8s which will be tuned to DADGCFAD, that way we can very easily drop any of our current open D breakdowns down an octave for maximum carnage.
Sounds like you got a plan man.  If you ever want to test your stuff on us just let us know.  We are all ears.

happy.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Sounds like you got a plan man.  If you ever want to test your stuff on us just let us know.  We are all ears.
Hey man, I know I have big ears.  You don't have to be mean about it!

No, but seriously I have big ears.

No, but really truly seriously feel free to bounce songs off us.

Your not the only one with big ears man. I got them to. Probably not as big as yours. Just kidding.

So Physicx are you ready for Maiden this Saturday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NINJALLAALALALALLLALALA

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry, just got home
laugh.gif

and bcf, no, im not ready. its my first time seeing them but i cant freaking wait!

Back
Top Bottom