TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, nice pics bro. those 95's look really good!!
wink.gif

Shaun, denims
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SIZE TEN FAM:
Since I have my new job, I need to get a long time grail of mine already. ANYONE with a size 10 pair of Ben Drury AM1s DS/NDS please hit me UP!

Oli - those Bursts are INSANE.
Sup Chris. Rosewood (?) 90s are always a good choice.
Cris- I remember when I saw the AMS' on your blog and can only imagine the celebration in this thread when you finally got them. I will have them one dayas well.

thanks Edwin...

just saw this in Nike retro...

dont want to embed to slow down the page...

Kobe Bryant 97s, shoe isnt too bad looking but nothing special. Air units looking pretty good though
nerd.gif

They were in good condition when they arrived but I did a little cleaning too. Oxyclean on the mesh as there were a few light stains, then hand wash the shoein lukewarm water with a bit of detergent. Rinsed in a little cold water and then left to air dry. Used a soft nail brush to bring the suede back to lifeafterwards. There was just a little dirt covering the air units, so that came off with a sponge.

They're really comfortable as well, much more so than my '08 Neons. Feels like there's more room in the toebox and the whole shoe feels softer andmore padded. Part of this is because they've been worn, but still there's a noticeable difference for me. Wasn't someone else saying that the olderretros felt bigger?

Dan - nice shot of those orange peels! Good luck on those, I already said RIP to my AM95 currys a couple of months ago.

Corey - nice to see u back here posting again

Justin - I myt be able to get those am lights that u just picked up, if everything goes well, ur pics sold me.

Shaun - is there any heads up for size 10, 10.5, or 11 in the B/S???

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Fam!!!

Originally Posted by s dubl

Kobe Bryant 97s, shoe isnt too bad looking but nothing special. Air units looking pretty good though
nerd.gif

Air does look nice, and made in Viet, so the quality should be good.

Broke scaphoid (sp?) for me, in plaster dammit! No skating for a coupla weeks then wrist guards on, lame.
sick.gif

Skatin in Nike Endorphin Pro 3s for those skaters amongst you, pretty sure they have a max unit in them, i could almostpost a pic of me rockin em....nah.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by danloveuk

They were in good condition when they arrived but I did a little cleaning too. Oxyclean on the mesh as there were a few light stains, then hand wash the shoe in lukewarm water with a bit of detergent. Rinsed in a little cold water and then left to air dry. Used a soft nail brush to bring the suede back to life afterwards. There was just a little dirt covering the air units, so that came off with a sponge.

They're really comfortable as well, much more so than my '08 Neons. Feels like there's more room in the toebox and the whole shoe feels softer and more padded. Part of this is because they've been worn, but still there's a noticeable difference for me. Wasn't someone else saying that the older retros felt bigger?
The comfort in the 1998-2000 AM95s surpasses that of the more recent ones. Insoles were made of a more spongy kind of foam (as opposed to thehard rubber now) and there seemed to be a softer foam around the air units (probably why the older retros crumble).

Maybe there was more room because they were pre-worn...the more recent retros of the past couple years seem roomier (to me) probably so that there isn't somuch of a breaking in period. For my 2003 retro Air Max Pluses, it took at least three or five wears, where I'm on my feet all day and walking around, forthem to fit comfortably without too much struggle to get my feet in.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Air does look nice, and made in Viet, so the quality should be good.

Broke scaphoid (sp?) for me, in plaster dammit! No skating for a coupla weeks then wrist guards on, lame.
sick.gif

Skatin in Nike Endorphin Pro 3s for those skaters amongst you, pretty sure they have a max unit in them, i could almost post a pic of me rockin em....nah.
smile.gif
AM95s have been made in Vietnam since 2001 but the quality has been dropping by a crap load in recent years.

It's not so much what country they're made in anymore...I guess the blame can go towards Nike or the factories they contract to make the shoes forcutting corners and penny pinching?

These tonight to have dinner at my uncle's:
259al49.jpg

And I remember someone asking about the "camel toe" type of creasing on AM95s...mine have them too
roll.gif

sup FAM! heh. been wanting to say that.

so, heads up size 9 folks, I know of 3 pairs of those red am90 current huaraches, samples, $60 each. if you want the info, please PM me. pretty sure it wasthese:

nike-air-max-90-current-huarache-red-white-august-092.jpg

those orange peel 95s are BUTTER. nice.

I tried to win a slick pair of 95s this morning but lost. don't know much about them, they were grey upper, black midsole, red bubbles, black and whitelace loops. what year are those from? I'm guessing 2000-2002. they went for about $135 shipped.

likuid - nice navigation 90s.

thanks for the warm welcome all! gotta get my sig together...

Denver/Brian - Thanks! And welcome to the FAM!!! I just have a question... Why is it always size 9??? Any size 10,10.5, or 11??? Hit me up if there's anysamples in those sizes!!! Peace! EDGE

Andrew- Which 1's & 90's you looking for ? PM me. wouldn't want my brother Justin knowing which pairs they are, Since he called dibs if thereanything from my stacks. LOL

Just when I thought I was good on 90's, Likuid just had to post a pic of a pair I could use....Dope!

Posting from celly....wearing 97 blk 3m LUX "Believe That".
wink.gif

Dope Navis Edge...I dont frequent those forums too often, but I'll skim through from time to time and try and update with anything good.

Size 12ers...redwood 95s in 11.5 and up...not a steal, but they're there.

figured since i'm wearing some 1s

8832_504622224171_331000190_128310_3636964_n.jpg

hanging out with our new puppy and the wife's brother and their puppy......

edit: and damn you to "you know who" for telling me about those red 90 hybrids that denver could possibly get....

welcome to the fam D....

.....now back to hibernation i'll go...

Incredible stuff Fam!

dan - shots are on point and kicks aren't too shabby either

Nice pick up Shaun. Wish I had a picture of the ones I customized a while back

No AM to today but decided to break these out. Sorry for the non AM pic

4024909438_ff8acb4632.jpg

first shoe shot with the new camera

4024152855_91fa4cd782.jpg

sick pickup and spiridons chris.....
pimp.gif

why nike??? why? whose the idiot that said "this midsole design is gonna be the hottest $#!t in the streets......especially when it chips andcracks..."?
indifferent.gif

77ab_3.JPG

Yeah just repaint it.. both you & I know how your individual projects turn out? LOL just being a @sz hahaha

Mike/Tak - do u know anybody who has those am90 crepes size 10-11? Hit me up!

Chris - nice pick up!!! What kind of glass you have on those 40d in that picture?

Viet - nice to see you every once in a while,,, take care bro!!!

Peace!
EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom