TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not even that long ago there were fsr's of the orange, blue and yellow bursts on rakuten for around $70. i brought in 2 pairs of oranges for my friend andnever got any for myself
smh.gif

Just pulled the trigger on those womens persian BW's. They are available on Nikestore.

Also just got a JD magazine through the door with an interesting picture of an upcoming release - crystal blue 95's!

Originally Posted by jranasaurus

Also just got a JD magazine through the door with an interesting picture of an upcoming release - crystal blue 95's!
JD exclusive you say? more money out my united states pocket you say?
tired.gif

perfect execution
laugh.gif

those womens BWs look pretty nice, the Noen pair would look better without that plastic/rubber/leather stuff.

quick question about those og am90s, it looks like the colorway says "H RED" at the end. does anybody know what that is? is that "hot red"like on those patent toe am95's posted recently? i didn't think infrared was the actual name of the red on those OGs...

also, would love to be able to get some of those crystal blue 95s, but if they are jd exclusive, that's too bad. i know you UKers will indulge though!

^^^^i asked the same thing....i'm sure it must be hot red.

nice azures.....tough mesh or not...that's a super clean colorway!

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif

The declining amount of quality control and effort at Nike is disappointing. I'm not going to pay higher prices for shoes that will look they've gone through three months of sandstorms in just two wears.
I've seriously had it with Nike retros. Its why I passed on Persian BWs. I'm afraid to even snag those Tailwind 91s. I've beenleaning towards NB runners lately because I can't stand buying anything Nike Retro. Snagging the 2009s is one thing....but I refuse to drop a dime on anyBW or AM90 in the near future.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

if those 90/at1's are real, they look horrible.
I think that's a PS, but pretty damn close to what the real pair will look like. You guys seen these? AM 1 Flywire / AT 1 Chrlorophylls...

kcffb8.jpg

FLINT - re: Tailwinds, I got the red/yrellow pair right when they dropped and the overall quality of the materials is nice, great mesh, the red material (stillnot sure what it is, it's like a fuzzy soft version of suede) is butter, and the construction is solid, but the midsoles on both pairs I picked uporiginally were already a slightly off white sort of color, almost like they were given the vintage treatment. but overall they were nice quality. worth it forthe mesh alone, probably. especially if you can get them for less than $50 like I did. if you can peep those in person I think you'll be happy with them.

ehhhhhhhhhh
embarassed.gif
I'd rather have an OG colorway Chlorophyltrainer, or just a Chlorophyl Max 1 would be much better a teched out hybrid of the two. Pretty much every hybrid I see makes me fiend for the originals

About the tailwind 91s :

I've worn them I think close to ten times now. Some very faint cracks (basically the width of a hair) are forming around the area where the midsolesurrounds the air unit. It's barely noticeable, however.

But the midsoles do look like they will age quickly if the shoes get worn a lot. They were white when I bought them last year; now they look like a very faintBoston creme color.

I do agree that the construction is still very solid on these shoes. The area around the ankle gives it a nice wrap-around feeling and the comfort of the shoesis pretty decent (retro Nike runners will always have sub-standard comfort but on a relative scale, the comfort isn't bad).

The red material feels like some kind of synthetic suede.

Thanks for the Tailwind reports, fellas. I still want a pair - waiting for them to hit outlets, cuz you know they will!

As for that AM 1 Flywire/AT 1 Chrlorophyll hybrid, I think it sucks. I agree with Hobo - makes me fiend for the originals much more.

I still stand by my statements - I refuse to pay retail or markup for some Max 90s or BWs that chip on first wear. If I'm not getting via outlet/Swooshhookup/F&F/Employee Appreciation, then I'm passin'....

Love the Persian BWs, but i'll never buy anothe pair of BWs again. I knew they'd crack, but not after 3 wears with a total ofabout 2 Ks walked gently. Crap quality.

Need some of that sneaker cleaner last page to fix up some ones, maybe the bay will have it?

I think i'll pick up the AT/Max 1s, if the final release is of a high enough quality, not a bad blend.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Thanks for the Tailwind reports, fellas. I still want a pair - waiting for them to hit outlets, cuz you know they will!
my man, you shouldn't have to wait much longer:

http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/5463...dates-post-Read--post-b4-V.html#reply-5463297

eciaccord wrote:

"Stopped at the Lake Buena Vista Outlet and Premium Outlet in Orlando and Celebration. Some pictures maybe mixed, but you get the idea. As you can see,they don't have nothing worth bragging about."

6th pic down his post, $59.99:

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Love the Persian BWs, but i'll never buy anothe pair of BWs again. I knew they'd crack, but not after 3 wears with a total of about 2 Ks walked gently. Crap quality.

perhaps..

lose some weight?

j/k
laugh.gif

YOOOO......thanks Greg, MUCH appreciated, goin to LA soon, and those will be rocked!!!!

A little info on the TAF tees.......Blanks were ordered today and is being shipped to me as we speak.

Peace.

Cris.

i have a question.. maybe more for the older heads..

are (the HOA) maxes really made to run in, or more just for casual use?

got some 97s on right now.. and i can't really imagine running in them with the flat bottom.

87s, 90s.. up to 2003s.. mostly flat bottom. doesn't really seem conducive to running.

i guess i could see the 95s, with the higher arch and the more organic bottom? and the 360s maybe? but yeah.. maxes seem more geared towards chilling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom