TAY '16: The Saga Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make an OKC profile Friday morning and had good results. Need some advice at the end of this:
I messaged a girl using the "can I borrow you?" line and she was down. Got her number and we texted a little. She went to school in Boston and said she liked mob movies so I asked her if she wanted to come over to have dinner and watch Black Mass. She was with it. When I texted her to confirm on Saturday she said that she was going out with some friends later and proposed dinner instead. I gave her a time and place to meet and she said ok.

We went to a hole in the wall Japanese spot in Chinatown. Neither of us had been there before. I REALLY like this girl so far. I think the date went well. We shared some sushi and I had a glass of Hennessy and a Sapporo. She didn't drink at all (probably since she was going out after). She offered to split the meal but I told her it was ok, I'd pay since I asked her out and she could get the next one. At the end of the date she asked if I knew of a CVS nearby and I only knew of Walgreens. I offered to go walk and find a drugstore with her but she said it was ok and she had to go meet her friends. She ordered an uber to her friends place and I walked her out of the restaurant to the car. Gave her a nice kiss and left feeling really great about the date. I hope she feels the same way. I texted her when I got home a little later just to let her know it was nice meeting her, we'll have to do it again, and that I'd be down for hiking the next day (she discussed potentially going hiking with a friend and I offered to take her to Great Falls) if she wasn't too hungover. She said it was nice to meet me too with a smiley face and she'd let me know how she was feeling the next day. She didn't text me yesterday but I'm not sweating it. She may have gone hiking with the friend, been too hungover, or just didn't feel like hiking or hitting me up. I'm confident the date went well enough she'd at least be down for one more.

Now here's where I need a bit of advice:
This girl has a good job and seems very career driven and busy with work. She mentioned how she was starting to date another guy who would ask her out at the beginning of the week and she'd tell him she was too busy that week. She said he would just ask again on Wednesday when she already told him she couldn't and it got to be annoying and clingy. She also mentioned that she has an important business trip this weekend, and she is going on vacation the weekend after. I know exactly what I want to do for our second date, and I know she'll enjoy it, but I'm just not sure how to ask her given the current schedule situation. I'm too busy on weekdays. She's gone next two weekends. I was thinking of hitting her up the Wednesday she returns from vacation and asking her out that weekend. I don't plan on talking to her before then unless she hits me up first. What do you guys think? How would you handle the situation? Can PM pics but don't want to post this one in the thread since she's on OKC and I'm really digging her right now. She is hands down finer than my last girl I'm still getting over. This new girl has actually made me forget all about the old one for now.
Hit her up on late morning Wednesday cause ol boy prob gonna hit her up that Wednesday right on schedule

I've gotten 0 tinder matches in the past few weeks. I think I've created/deleted my account enough times in the past couple of years that my phone number/device got dinged and I don't show up to girls anymore. Looks like tinder is done for me but it was definitely effective when I first started using it.

I decided to make an OKC profile Friday morning and had good results. Need some advice at the end of this:
I messaged a girl using the "can I borrow you?" line and she was down. Got her number and we texted a little. She went to school in Boston and said she liked mob movies so I asked her if she wanted to come over to have dinner and watch Black Mass. She was with it. When I texted her to confirm on Saturday she said that she was going out with some friends later and proposed dinner instead. I gave her a time and place to meet and she said ok.

We went to a hole in the wall Japanese spot in Chinatown. Neither of us had been there before. I REALLY like this girl so far. I think the date went well. We shared some sushi and I had a glass of Hennessy and a Sapporo. She didn't drink at all (probably since she was going out after). She offered to split the meal but I told her it was ok, I'd pay since I asked her out and she could get the next one. At the end of the date she asked if I knew of a CVS nearby and I only knew of Walgreens. I offered to go walk and find a drugstore with her but she said it was ok and she had to go meet her friends. She ordered an uber to her friends place and I walked her out of the restaurant to the car. Gave her a nice kiss and left feeling really great about the date. I hope she feels the same way. I texted her when I got home a little later just to let her know it was nice meeting her, we'll have to do it again, and that I'd be down for hiking the next day (she discussed potentially going hiking with a friend and I offered to take her to Great Falls) if she wasn't too hungover. She said it was nice to meet me too with a smiley face and she'd let me know how she was feeling the next day. She didn't text me yesterday but I'm not sweating it. She may have gone hiking with the friend, been too hungover, or just didn't feel like hiking or hitting me up. I'm confident the date went well enough she'd at least be down for one more.

This girl has a good job and seems very career driven and busy with work. She mentioned how she was starting to date another guy who would ask her out at the beginning of the week and she'd tell him she was too busy that week. She said he would just ask again on Wednesday when she already told him she couldn't and it got to be annoying and clingy. She also mentioned that she has an important business trip this weekend, and she is going on vacation the weekend after. I know exactly what I want to do for our second date, and I know she'll enjoy it, but I'm just not sure how to ask her given the current schedule situation. I'm too busy on weekdays. She's gone next two weekends. I was thinking of hitting her up the Wednesday she returns from vacation and asking her out that weekend. I don't plan on talking to her before then unless she hits me up first. What do you guys think? How would you handle the situation? Can PM pics but don't want to post this one in the thread since she's on OKC and I'm really digging her right now. She is hands down finer than my last girl I'm still getting over. This new girl has actually made me forget all about the old one for now.
i would personally wait til like wed or thurs to hit her up. Just on some hey hope your week was good steez. Put them it out there youre still interested. Or if u remember some of the topics from the dinner say whats up post up a random exert from that convo. Shows u paid attention

Last edited:
I can feel the disappointment in this post :wow: :lol: yeah fam I know the answer but this all too crazy. It's like I don't think I could ever get married. These chicks are ruthless. FDB indeed. +1
I'm disappointed cause you're feeding into these shiesty broads. Don't get involved with that ****. Especially after you just came out of a crazy situation as well.I agree with the entire married part. I told my mom and others in my family who keep asking me about when will I get married and I flat out told em I probably wont. I told them I'll probably have a baby moms just so I can have an offspring cause I cant find myself committing to some shiesty broad all to say that I'm married.

Last edited:
hennessy hennessy
I'll hit her up later this week with a random topic from the date and say let's go to coffee bar or let's grab coffee before work on Friday. Of course when she gets back from vacation

And send them pics my way.

Last edited:
I've gotten 0 tinder matches in the past few weeks. I think I've created/deleted my account enough times in the past couple of years that my phone number/device got dinged and I don't show up to girls anymore. Looks like tinder is done for me but it was definitely effective when I first started using it.

i would personally wait til like wed or thurs to hit her up. Just on some hey hope your week was good steez. Put them it out there youre still interested. Or if u remember some of the topics from the dinner say whats up post up a random exert from that convo. Shows u paid attention

You're saying to hit her up this week? Or in a couple weeks like I had planned? I'm concerned if I wait a couple of weeks and she doesn't text me back, and I don't text her, she may have thought I wasn't interested. I definitely am interested and want to let her know that without being too aggressive. I'm trying to take things slow with this girl because I really like her, I could see dating her seriously. During dinner she mentioned her family has a cat and a dog that she misses. She said she wants a blue nose pitbull and my roommate has a super cute, friendly blue nose pit that I showed her some pictures of and she fell in love. I want to do the whole Georgetown waterfront date with the dog once she gets back. I think that's a solid second date, during the day time.

You're saying to hit her up this week? Or in a couple weeks like I had planned? I'm concerned if I wait a couple of weeks and she doesn't text me back, and I don't text her, she may have thought I wasn't interested. I definitely am interested and want to let her know that without being too aggressive. I'm trying to take things slow with this girl because I really like her, I could see dating her seriously. During dinner she mentioned her family has a cat and a dog that she misses. She said she wants a blue nose pitbull and my roommate has a super cute, friendly blue nose pit that I showed her some pictures of and she fell in love. I want to do the whole Georgetown waterfront date with the dog once she gets back. I think that's a solid second date, during the day time.
Send her a text this week with a new pic of the dog sayin' something like, "______ says have a good trip and make us proud!"

it seems this social networking thing got most of yall dudes messed up in the game... too many shots taken at the free throw line ( IG , tinder , OKC etc) and not enough chances going to the rack ( club, school , work)

spitting game on SN should be supplemental and not primary. yall buying 1000s of dollars worth of sneakers and stay at home to chat to ladies... lol

it seems this social networking thing got most of yall dudes messed up in the game... too many shots taken at the free throw line ( IG , tinder , OKC etc) and not enough chances going to the rack ( club, school , work)

spitting game on SN should be supplemental and not primary. yall buying 1000s of dollars worth of sneakers and stay at home to chat to ladies... lol

:lol:

I spit game everywhere and I do it in my expensive sneakers/boots lol. Ask any of these guys that have gone out with me.

To be honest, in this day and age, online dating can be just as effective (if not more effective) as meeting people organically. I'll put up my bar/club shots when I can. But I work a full time job and do some things on the side. I go to work to work, not to take shots. I have a good *** job and am the youngest employee (by a big margin) in my directorate. I wouldn't jeopardize my job for a girl any way. I'm not working a laid back retail job where there is a high employee turnover rate and young, fun employees working who I could spit game at. I don't go to school any more either. Online dating apps have been a blessing for me. My last two solid relationships were from online dating and I've smashed a bunch of others off there as well.

When I'm flourishing it's probably 75% girls met online, 25% met offline.

Last edited:

Send her a text this week with a new pic of the dog sayin' something like, "______ says have a good trip and make us proud!"

This is perfect man. You stay giving solid advice. Repped.

lol i spit where I go too, but I work from home so it's just me and the goldfish.. the way it sucks those lips together tho.... :nerd:
I kidd i kidd

I spit game everywhere and I do it in my expensive sneakers/boots lol. Ask any of these guys that have gone out with me.

To be honest, in this day and age, online dating can be just as effective (if not more effective) as meeting people organically. I'll put up my bar/club shots when I can. But I work a full time job and do some things on the side. I go to work to work, not to take shots. I have a good *** job and am the youngest employee (by a big margin) in my directorate. I wouldn't jeopardize my job for a girl any way. I'm not working a laid back retail job where there is a high employee turnover rate and young, fun employees working who I could spit game at. I don't go to school any more either. Online dating apps have been a blessing for me. My last two solid relationships were from online dating and I've smashed a bunch of others off there as well.

you are an exception to this rule... we got dudes in here going whole seasons without getting they jimmy wet... being in a relationship is like being a coach, i wanna get on the court and show you youngins how i use to ball back in the day but the way my knees(wife) is set up , it aint happening. 

you are an exception to this rule... we got dudes in here going whole seasons without getting they jimmy wet... being in a relationship is like being a coach, i wanna get on the court and show you youngins how i use to ball back in the day but the way my knees(wife) is set up , it aint happening. 
Yuuuup

I had a pretty similar experience when I was in the game

I'm 95% shooting FTs at the line these social media/dating sites since I don't speak to chicks on the street. I usually miss lay up...

Could you teach me how to dunk :nerd:

Summer is coming fellas!

75% online, but only 25% in PERSON? That is deplorable. How old are you?

I need to get my groove back and start running my game like I used before my previous relationship. Me and my ex broke up back in July and it feels like j still haven't bounced back from it. I'll get numbers but like I don't even feel like trying

Last edited:

75% online, but only 25% in PERSON? That is deplorable. How old are you?

I'm 26 with a career and investing a lot of time into myself lately. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunities to take a lot of shots in person like I used to. The means don't bother me as long as the end result is the same. Contrary to popular belief there are a lot of quality chicks online. It just takes some patience, trial and error. The chick I just went out with doesn't have any social media, great career, and was fine as hell to me.

I'm not sure how this is deplorable.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I think he just wanted to use his vocab word of the day. He must not been in the last thread for spring summer of Henn.

Yea before me and my ex split I was living vicariously through Henns's stories from previous TAY threads :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom