Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

Originally Posted by natrix916

Originally Posted by reener

I'm starving and I'm looking through this thread.
frown.gif

WORD

I swear I had a good time grilling dinner tonight for me and my parents, just sitting in front of the grill as the chicken cooked. I had the Yankee game on the radio, listening while enjoying the cool weather. I can't wait for this to consistently happen all summer 
pimp.gif

I swear I had a good time grilling dinner tonight for me and my parents, just sitting in front of the grill as the chicken cooked. I had the Yankee game on the radio, listening while enjoying the cool weather. I can't wait for this to consistently happen all summer 
pimp.gif

I refuse to let this thread die.

68 and sunny right now in NY. Get to grilling people!

I refuse to let this thread die.

68 and sunny right now in NY. Get to grilling people!

I think I'm gonna go ahead and try a "Crawfish Boil" one day this summer. Try to do something different, especially where I live at. I found a connect down in New Orleans that will FedEx the live crawfish over-night. It's on my peeps....IT IS ON.

EA1302-3_Crawfish-Boil_s4x3_lg.jpg

I think I'm gonna go ahead and try a "Crawfish Boil" one day this summer. Try to do something different, especially where I live at. I found a connect down in New Orleans that will FedEx the live crawfish over-night. It's on my peeps....IT IS ON.

Any reccomendaitons when grilling seafood? I have shrimp on lock, but looking for some good tips for salmon, etc. 

Any reccomendaitons when grilling seafood? I have shrimp on lock, but looking for some good tips for salmon, etc. 

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

If u want to be fat ...

Corn on the cob covered in mayo with parm cheese.

Grill it till its crispy.

Its not as good as the mexicans that make them but its still great.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

If u want to be fat ...

Corn on the cob covered in mayo with parm cheese.

Grill it till its crispy.

Its not as good as the mexicans that make them but its still great.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

I lived in Louisiana for about a year and half and this is the only thing I miss about that state. You could go to a local spot and get yourself 4 or 5 pounds plus get a 6 pack of Abita beer that is perfection...I may have to do that this summer

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

I lived in Louisiana for about a year and half and this is the only thing I miss about that state. You could go to a local spot and get yourself 4 or 5 pounds plus get a 6 pack of Abita beer that is perfection...I may have to do that this summer

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

My mother does something where she sits the whole chicken on a beer can to cook on the grill. She does something else, but i dont remember, haha.

!%*% is so good.

she probably puts a dry rub on it
pimp.gif

my boy made a beer can chicken for 4th of July last year. wrapped the bird in pancetta
smokin.gif

wait WHAT?!?!?!

someone needs to get more details on this technique and post it up.

Here's a somewhat easy "recipe" for good flavorful hawaiian BBQ chicken

Boneless Chicken Thighs
ATLEAST 24 hour brine in sugar/salt brine mixture
ATLEAST 24 hour marinade in  this
spam_mae_ploy_sauce.jpg

grill til done

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

My mother does something where she sits the whole chicken on a beer can to cook on the grill. She does something else, but i dont remember, haha.

!%*% is so good.

she probably puts a dry rub on it
pimp.gif

my boy made a beer can chicken for 4th of July last year. wrapped the bird in pancetta
smokin.gif

wait WHAT?!?!?!

someone needs to get more details on this technique and post it up.

Here's a somewhat easy "recipe" for good flavorful hawaiian BBQ chicken

Boneless Chicken Thighs
ATLEAST 24 hour brine in sugar/salt brine mixture
ATLEAST 24 hour marinade in  this
spam_mae_ploy_sauce.jpg

grill til done

There is nothing like a Shrimp boil, my grandfather had a place on the Gulf in Texas when I was a kid.  This was always a staple of our say.  A little tougher to get now that I am in Milwaukee.  My wife and I still do one each summer...

I have began to compete in BBQ competitions, still developing my skills. So I pretty much stay in the midwest.  Someday it'll get to be something bigger though.

Someone asked about a smoker-DO IT.  Experiment with it, you won't regret it.  Get a good brisket recipe and you'll never look back.

Salmon-What were you trying to do?

Here is a solid wing recipe I like to make...

1/3 cup of Salt
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Black Pepper

2-3 Lbs Wings (Typically split and tipped)

I like to rub the wings down lightly with Olive Oil, then apply the rub.  Let sit over night.  Then Grill.

Sauce for tipping...

Small Container Sour Cream
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Horseradisch (these are both added to taste)

Great post...

There is nothing like a Shrimp boil, my grandfather had a place on the Gulf in Texas when I was a kid.  This was always a staple of our say.  A little tougher to get now that I am in Milwaukee.  My wife and I still do one each summer...

I have began to compete in BBQ competitions, still developing my skills. So I pretty much stay in the midwest.  Someday it'll get to be something bigger though.

Someone asked about a smoker-DO IT.  Experiment with it, you won't regret it.  Get a good brisket recipe and you'll never look back.

Salmon-What were you trying to do?

Here is a solid wing recipe I like to make...

1/3 cup of Salt
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Black Pepper

2-3 Lbs Wings (Typically split and tipped)

I like to rub the wings down lightly with Olive Oil, then apply the rub.  Let sit over night.  Then Grill.

Sauce for tipping...

Small Container Sour Cream
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Horseradisch (these are both added to taste)

Great post...

Great thread. I will come back to this very often. I grilled on the daily when it was nice and warm. I prefer charcoal, a CAO Brazilia cigar, some sailor jerrys and coke = the perfect later afternoon/early evening.

One of my favorite recipies:

-2 lbs stir fry beef strips

-2 cups of soy sauce

-1/4 cup of Siracha (aka rooster sauce)

-Three teaspoons of garlic finely chopped

Let this sit for 2 or 3 hours and its the bomb. Tried it with chicken and it was also dope. But next time i'll marinate the chicken a tad bit longer than the beef.

Back
Top Bottom