Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

Okay Yall... I'm gonna teach you how to do some real Cali Gangsta cooking right here...

TRI TIP CALI STYLE..

Start with a tri-tip...  and a hot grill....

Put on the grill and add what u see below The 4 seasons..... put it on top and cover grill... Drink a beer... Once finished with the beer... flip the tri tip and season again.... Pop another beer... Repeat 2 or 3 times.. season each time.  About 30-40 mins...  take the meat off.....let the meat rest... and slice up....  you're gonna be grubbing and buzzing!!

ttar_worcestershiresauce_01_v_launch.jpg
kosher_salt_large.jpg
garlic%20powder.ashx
InfinityPepperGrinderRed.jpg

Okay Yall... I'm gonna teach you how to do some real Cali Gangsta cooking right here...

TRI TIP CALI STYLE..

Start with a tri-tip...  and a hot grill....

Put on the grill and add what u see below The 4 seasons..... put it on top and cover grill... Drink a beer... Once finished with the beer... flip the tri tip and season again.... Pop another beer... Repeat 2 or 3 times.. season each time.  About 30-40 mins...  take the meat off.....let the meat rest... and slice up....  you're gonna be grubbing and buzzing!!

ttar_worcestershiresauce_01_v_launch.jpg
kosher_salt_large.jpg
garlic%20powder.ashx
InfinityPepperGrinderRed.jpg

Props on the thread..

If you can do it, it's nice to have both Gas and charcoal. Ribs, chicken legs, carne asada for the charcoal. Hot links, Seafood, chicken breast, thicker steak for the gas.  If using charcoal invest in wood chips, soak them for 30 mins before putting food on and throw them over the coals.

If your looking for an awesome steak to cook go with ribeye, new york, or porterhouse if you are really hungry, Porterhouse is one side newyork, other is filet. Whatever you do make sure it is 1 inch thick, extra red, and look for the marble in the steak. I don't really care for the Filet mignon as it is really tender but not really any flavor.

Also when cooking a prime steak, try to cook it fast on high heat. Nothing is worse then a steak you payed grip for and its dried out. If you are cooking steak on 200 for an hour your doing it wrong.

To see if its done I like to touch the steak. if your finger goes in with a lot of ease its too rare, if it gives a little probably medium, if it fills firm to the touch when poked its  well done. Personally I prefer medium.

Morton's Tri tip from Costco pre-marinated in a bag. Best tri tip I've had. You can eat it as is or I like to get some rolls and make sandwiches. It's like candy meat.

Props on the thread..

If you can do it, it's nice to have both Gas and charcoal. Ribs, chicken legs, carne asada for the charcoal. Hot links, Seafood, chicken breast, thicker steak for the gas.  If using charcoal invest in wood chips, soak them for 30 mins before putting food on and throw them over the coals.

If your looking for an awesome steak to cook go with ribeye, new york, or porterhouse if you are really hungry, Porterhouse is one side newyork, other is filet. Whatever you do make sure it is 1 inch thick, extra red, and look for the marble in the steak. I don't really care for the Filet mignon as it is really tender but not really any flavor.

Also when cooking a prime steak, try to cook it fast on high heat. Nothing is worse then a steak you payed grip for and its dried out. If you are cooking steak on 200 for an hour your doing it wrong.

To see if its done I like to touch the steak. if your finger goes in with a lot of ease its too rare, if it gives a little probably medium, if it fills firm to the touch when poked its  well done. Personally I prefer medium.

Morton's Tri tip from Costco pre-marinated in a bag. Best tri tip I've had. You can eat it as is or I like to get some rolls and make sandwiches. It's like candy meat.

I left work early, headed to a friends house, made myself a turkey burger and cheeseburger. Success 
pimp.gif

I left work early, headed to a friends house, made myself a turkey burger and cheeseburger. Success 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Anyone have any recommendations of cleaning products to use for the grill? I've only been using the brush/scrapper combo. 

You can slice an onion in half and stick it to your long bbq fork and rub the grills with it while its hot. It's mainly to remove any lingering tastes if you're BBQ'ing different meats so that your fish dont taste like KC ribs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Anyone have any recommendations of cleaning products to use for the grill? I've only been using the brush/scrapper combo. 

You can slice an onion in half and stick it to your long bbq fork and rub the grills with it while its hot. It's mainly to remove any lingering tastes if you're BBQ'ing different meats so that your fish dont taste like KC ribs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i'm leery of who i trust with BBQ.

my ex's brother made some steak and had the whole damn house waiting in shifts at the bathroom door. i had to make an immodium, glade, charmin & shredded coconut run at like 2 am.

on my 2nd shift, i got up and looked in the bowl and i swear it looked like a human brain... just made out of poo. came up above the water & everything. it freaked me the F out.

i'm leery of who i trust with BBQ.

my ex's brother made some steak and had the whole damn house waiting in shifts at the bathroom door. i had to make an immodium, glade, charmin & shredded coconut run at like 2 am.

on my 2nd shift, i got up and looked in the bowl and i swear it looked like a human brain... just made out of poo. came up above the water & everything. it freaked me the F out.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

someone recommend me a grill

around the $100 - $300 range
http://www.google.com/products/cata...0QHE3vn7DQ&ved=0CLMBEPMCMAQ&biw=1280&***=648#

i got this grill for 40 bucks last year.  best grill i've ever used.  it's cast iron and retains heat like crazy.  also the slide out charcoal thing is nice cause you can just throw more on there in the middle of cooking if your coals are dying out.  my boy has the big joint and that's just as good, if you were looking for something bigger. 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

someone recommend me a grill

around the $100 - $300 range
http://www.google.com/products/cata...0QHE3vn7DQ&ved=0CLMBEPMCMAQ&biw=1280&***=648#

i got this grill for 40 bucks last year.  best grill i've ever used.  it's cast iron and retains heat like crazy.  also the slide out charcoal thing is nice cause you can just throw more on there in the middle of cooking if your coals are dying out.  my boy has the big joint and that's just as good, if you were looking for something bigger. 

about a month ago it hit 90 plus here in the I.E. (riverside,ca) decided to crank up the grill. So the day before I took some chicken breast and marinated in some homemade bbq sauce (wife's family secret recipe) and some chipotle seasoning. Also some Salmon in Lemon Pepper and the BBQ/Chipotle marinade. And some burgers!!! Next day pulled out the grill and went to work. Had some mesquite wood chips that i put on the coals to get that smoke going. Took a few pics of the grill while I was going but none of the finished product because i was too busy destroying it LOL. Also wifey hooked up some corn on the cob with a garlic butter rub. Put them on the grill to!!!!!
Here's a pic of the chicken, burgers and salmon on the grill (from blackberry forgive me for the quality of the pic lol)

396759826.jpg

Back
Top Bottom