Student fighting a teacher.

I worked as a in school tutor and we were instructed not to touch the kids under any vcircumstance. We we're just supposed to let them fight.

One day I'm in class tutoring a small groups of have kids to the side of the classroom. Random girl from the hallway walks in the classroom and hitting this girl with haymakers while she's in her desk. The girls is stuck under her desk as it turns out and the girl starts stomping her. She gets up and starts fighting back but blood flying everywhere. I broke the fight up and the campus police finally came. I still had my job but was given a warning not to intervene. Touching those girls could've let to a sexual assault charge they told me SMH.

Also worth note, none of those students tried to diffuse the situation until it turned violent.

That bothers me

Yeah usually there’s at least a couple kids with sense in a class that will try to diffuse the situation before it gets too bad. At least tell dude chill out .

Also can’t always blame the parents , some kids are just bad / do stuff for attention but have great parents and parents that discipline them.

In this social media age , there’s a lot of doing it for the camera

I'm heated. Saw some Google headlines for this. They're throwing dude under the bus. Arrested on allegations of child abuse.

Happened at Maywood academy high school in LA.

Not one headline mentions racial slurs and a kid who is likely 1-2 yrs away from being a full fledged adult

That little **** just ruined a man's life.

I get in one fight late 90s and get suspended for a week. Now I'm hearing of students who talk back to teachers and get in fights and there is just little discipline handed down. Atleast the court systems seem to have heavier sentences now. That 'kid' is one other altercation away from that. Schools are afraid of discipline and rarely have a teacher's back.

I'm really conflicted on this. However, as an adult, he HAS to know better than to put his hands on a student in that manner. Like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican said, dude should have left the room, or at the minimum, call the office for help. This will forever be a black mark on his resume and probably the first thing that comes up when his name is searched. However, that was HIS choice to put his hands on the kid. I do feel bad in the sense that his career is ruined, but on the other, he has to know better.

Teacher dumb. Thought fighting the kid was his only option should have left the room and got security, or have a student leave and get security or send everyone out the class so this squirrel wouldn't have no audience to flex in front of and no one recording.

Weak minded ppl make weak split second decision. He allowed this little twerp to get in his head and feels.

Teachers shouldn't ever put hands on kids, but since he did, he should have beat fear and obidience into the Lil boy.

Homeschool ftw

DC, u ever have to break up a fight? I have heard instances of teachers getting hurt (and subsequently fired) for breaking up a student vs student fight (think of employees chasing after shoplifter's). And in other instances, the simple act of touching a student is off limits. But then they get in trouble if one kid takes things too far and no one stops it.

A family that raises a kid to talk like that is likely the type to sue the school district. Karma not hitting them just yet.
Man, I broke up a fight 3 weeks ago. Two lil dudes were going AT it. I was the only adult around, so I HAD to. I don't like doing it though.

If it is 2 girls fighting, I am not TOUCHING them.

jjs07 jjs07 It is wild because he WALKED AWAY, to calm down, and then came back. Like why dude? Just walk out of the room at that point

:lol: Kid was backing up so much I thought he was going in the hallway.

He shoulda got his *** beat. Old man ain't have no power in those punches though.

Man, I broke up a fight 3 weeks ago. Two lil dudes were going AT it. I was the only adult around, so I HAD to. I don't like doing it though.

If it is 2 girls fighting, I am not TOUCHING them.

jjs07 jjs07 It is wild because he WALKED AWAY, to calm down, and then came back. Like why dude? Just walk out of the room at that point

No one would question him if he had just done like you said - walked out of the room. He'd still be employed, too. Losing his job because he couldn't keep his cool.

Also, I talked to my wife about this (she teaches 4th grade,) but she told me that there are trainings that staff have to take to even restrain kids. If something goes wrong and you don't have the certain training, you can be screwed beyond belief if that student presses charges or something along those lines.

No one would question him if he had just done like you said - walked out of the room. He'd still be employed, too. Losing his job because he couldn't keep his cool.

Also, I talked to my wife about this (she teaches 4th grade,) but she told me that there are trainings that staff have to take to even restrain kids. If something goes wrong and you don't have the certain training, you can be screwed beyond belief if that student presses charges or something along those lines.
Yes. The whole “you’re not allowed to touch a kid no matter what” is not true. If they’re a danger to themselves or others you CAN restrain them. Even at that it’s very subjective and guilty or not name a teacher willing to pay for a legal battle to “fix” everything.

I'm still mad old head wasn't able to lay that punk *** kid out smh lol

The fact the kid was still able to pop off at the gums afterwards is the real tragedy.

Kid shoulda been ******* leaking but after the first punch the teacher threw you can tell he knew he was doing something stupid. Like you can literally see the regression in his aggression while he’s hitting the kid and the kid is hugged on his leg. “Who hit me?” headass :lol: ***** some lawsuits, tf.

Teacher dumb. Thought fighting the kid was his only option should have left the room and got security, or have a student leave and get security or send everyone out the class so this squirrel wouldn't have no audience to flex in front of and no one recording.

Weak minded ppl make weak split second decision. He allowed this little twerp to get in his head and feels.

Teachers shouldn't ever put hands on kids, but since he did, he should have beat fear and obidience into the Lil boy.

Homeschool ftw

Fighting the kid was definitely the wrong move. And kids will only instigate it even further so the teacher gave into his emotions.

Should have called security. His job is to teach, not to police students

DC, u ever have to break up a fight? I have heard instances of teachers getting hurt (and subsequently fired) for breaking up a student vs student fight (think of employees chasing after shoplifter's). And in other instances, the simple act of touching a student is off limits. But then they get in trouble if one kid takes things too far and no one stops it.

A family that raises a kid to talk like that is likely the type to sue the school district. Karma not hitting them just yet.

Depends on the kind of school you it is.

In NYC I’d venture to say most schools have people that work in the school ie. School safety that have underwent specific training and can do so.

Other schools with more restrictive settings the entire staff undergo specific training where they can full blown restrain a child.

not expecting tommy hearns from teacher but if one of those haymakers landed, that kid would've been folded and looking at tweety birds :lol:

For sure but peep this. I can have lesson after lesson about how stealing is bad for a month. That kid can go to the movie, have their parent lie about their age to get them in for free and within that 10 seconds everything I just worked on is out the window. Something so simple can undo a lot. Nobody can control the parents. Parents are the key

say bruh,

it takes one that works with kids to understand this right here.

i say this **** ALL. THE. TIME. about where we’re going wrong in our culture and people get mad.

our culture is fixated on reaching the kids while ignoring the parents.

ive SEEN it first hand, how you can teach a kid for MONTHS only to have the parents knock down everything you built over a weekend

im sorry
i cant give a **** about ANY school for boys. i dont care if its Lebron or Umar. without the parents its an inefficient plan

you can tell whos worked with kids and who hasnt

parents are the key

I disagree. He did NOT get the job done.
33C30E1C-B7B3-41BE-B664-C2375C571AE6.gif

Man, for most of our kids to get saved, they need to be shipped off to a farm somewhere so they don't have to be influenced by the hood.

DC, let me ask you...do you think TOO much is expected out of teachers? Not only do you have to educate, but probably looked at to play therapist, father-figure, etc. I think you mentioned earlier that you can't save everyone. I 1000000% agree with that.

It's probably a topic that deserves it's own thread.

Hats of to you and what you do each day, bro.

DC, let me ask you...do you think TOO much is expected out of teachers? Not only do you have to educate, but probably looked at to play therapist, father-figure, etc. I think you mentioned earlier that you can't save everyone. I 1000000% agree with that.

It's probably a topic that deserves it's own thread.

Hats of to you and what you do each day, bro.
I think too much is expected from The Big Wigs downtown that write-up evaluation rubrics/expectations. I think people in the buildings understand the realistic expectations. Like someone said in here, it is usually people NOT in the building that have these wild expectations for what teachers SHOULD be able to do.

But like blastercombo blastercombo keeps saying, if the parents are going to **** everything teachers do up, there is nothing more that can be done

Back
Top Bottom