STREET FIGHTER 4!

ya'll can't see my boys SDTEKKEN and MarkMan.
pimp.gif

Wattup Dennis! Fun times with the offline matches tonight
pimp.gif

Start that trainin so you can mash heads in
pimp.gif

some banned NT'er thought he was nice ... sending me messages thinking i was ducking him ... catchfade209 ... i know u lurking ... u got waxed ... you arookie

don't request to play me again until u get nice ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

my son catchfade,
laugh.gif
he nice.
roll.gif

He requested to play me while I was playing u Dom, now looking back, maybe he woulda gave me a better challenge than u
grin.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by n1ke drawer

is there a difference between the basic joystick and tournament edition stick in terms of movement and button registry???

i never used the TE stick, but i DID mod my standard with the sanwa arcade parts from lizardlick.com

stick is stiffer, clicks more and isn't "loose" at all, and the buttons are a bit firmer, no soggyness to em
thanks man....i'm not good at all....cuz some moves aren't registering at all when I use the basic joystick...heck i'm even betterwith the controller which is sad...

does a firmer joystick/button mean it registers better?

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

smh.gif
I am not impressed by the way the "elites" play at all

wow, you must be really good, or i'm just easily impressed. cuz i thought that was a good match. (I'm not that good
laugh.gif
)
Nal i found the Sagat player pretty impressive but all the other guy did was spam yoga fires. I am not impressed by people who spam
the deal with dhalsim is that in SFIV you have to use him with a turtle strategy and keep distance. he wasn't JUST spamming yoga fires, he was chipping, picking his spots to attack, and keeping the sagat user at bay as much as possible with them.

i don't get it though, how are you not impressed by the dhalsim user when the sagat user did just as many tiger shots?
laugh.gif
I have a different stragety against Dhalsim, play him close, if you can get close enough,
laugh.gif
. Dhalsim plays best if he is at length, if you getclose to him, dude will get murder and his defense is real low too.

Ive played a few really good Dhalsim and it's quite fustraiting. Spamming fireballs and Yoga fireball with the long reach punch that knocks you into it,
smh.gif
... but I like playing really good players, it only makes you STRONGER and learn from your mistake.

I was impressed with the video though, they are GOOD.

smh.gif
I am not impressed by the way the "elites" play at all
Then you're watching the video wrong. Pro level players do not go for flashy crowd-pleasing moves and barrages. They play EFFECTIVELY. Theyplay to WIN, not to entertain. When watching pro matches, don't watch what they do. Watch what they DON'T do. They completely minimize their mistakes.If an opponent make a mistake, they take advantage of it, but only to the extent that it doesn't endanger him too much in the unlikely chance they misstheir counter-attack. Many pro level matches are literally won or lost on one or two minor mistakes in an entire round. Their knowledge of zoning, spacing,move counters, character strategies, etc. is immense, but none of that shows up by just watching a video of them idly.

It's like watching kung fu movies. There's always some silly guy who comes up and does some crazy barrage of flips, punches, and kicks -- none of whichland, all of which are risky as hell. Then there's always that old grand master who just stands confidently and dodges a little, then does a single move,and destroys the opponent in one second. The first guy might be entertaining, but the second guy is EFFECTIVE.

Sorry, I'm not just singling you out specifically, but more like anyone who looks at pro-level play and thinks it's hardly better then they are.It's easy to say, "I don't see anything special, I could do all those moves". OF COURSE you could do all the moves, you have a joystick andbuttons just like they do. But WHEN to do those moves, in WHAT situations, and how you SETUP or REACT to those moves is what makes pro-level players pro.

anyone with over 4000 battle point is either using a fight stick or a fight pad

theres no way to pull off these combos with a regular controller

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i want to play yall SDT guys ... i got smacked the other night ... i gotta redeem myself ...

Word. I got another friend of mine you can play. He has a decent Rufus. If you havent played any solid Rufus's yet good luck lol. He has your gt so be onthe lookout for that friend request.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

indifferent.gif
how i am supposed to do a yogo teleport?

do any of you use the fight stick?

You serious? I am by no means a move wiz since I can't clear the trial challenges, but I can do this move 99 out of a 100 times. You should just use one ofthe 3xP or 3xK buttons.

i know i hit all the kick or punches, but do i move the stick in a "Z" like the screen says cause that $%@+ isn't working.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

anyone with over 4000 battle point is either using a fight stick or a fight pad

theres no way to pull off these combos with a regular controller
I can pull off 4-5 hit combos using the PS3 controller with ease.

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i want to play yall SDT guys ... i got smacked the other night ... i gotta redeem myself ...

Word. I got another friend of mine you can play. He has a decent Rufus. If you havent played any solid Rufus's yet good luck lol. He has your gt so be on the lookout for that friend request.
I was a victim of that Rufus last night on offline play.

I ain't trying to see Mark again with Rufus or Balrog.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

my son catchfade,
laugh.gif
he nice.
roll.gif

He requested to play me while I was playing u Dom, now looking back, maybe he woulda gave me a better challenge than u
grin.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

don't amp him ... he is wack ... beat him 7 to 2 ... once i figured out his sonic boom trick ... it was a wrap ... i was off too ... had son saying wow @the combos i was hitting and i missed a lot ...
laugh.gif

he keep sending me messages ... like didn't he see what kobe did to artest when he kept on talking ...
smh.gif

dav0 u beat my +**
laugh.gif
... but i just had my gallbladder out a few hours ago and im still too doped up from anestesia(sp?
laugh.gif
) and pain meds to care. but isee the fight pad been treatin u well... cancellin is nice... i need to get rid of this 360 controller or ill never progress
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom