STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

djaward wrote:

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif
I own a TE stick as well. I hardly use it though b/c I'm so used to my HRAP stick. I did swap out the Ball top for the Bat which helped me out greatly. Go to lizardlick.com and get yourself one. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the site. But which stick should I get (NH)?? I want one thats equivalant to the one thats on the TE stick. But in form of the bat and not the ball.
Just get the bat-top replacement, not a new stick [unless you really want an entirely new stick].

I changed 1 of my TEs into an octagon-gated bat-top for anyone that comes over and hates the stock Sanwa feel.

Friends and relatives that come over absolutely love it, but to each, their own.

Bat top will simply cost you $5.00 - $5.50, while a completely new stick will be roughly $15+.

Edit ----//>
Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Is there anyway to wager BP in player matches? If not it needs to come about.
Say me and you are online and link up for some Player Matches...

And I tell you, "Eyy lose a few rounds so my BP goes up."

Would that be fair to everybody else?

what?
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure there are BP boosters all over. Lots of dudes in the 4-6000 range who can't chain moves together or perform ultras with the charactersthey pick.

Still think it's a good idea.

what's up with fireball juggling? i'm falling down and ryu performs a super hadoken while i'm falling, the hell is that? gotta be the corniestthing they implemented.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

does anyone have any tips regarding stick use ... this is my 3rd day using it ... my observations so far

i hold the stick open handed ... i find myself doing the moves better if i let go of the stick after each move ...
2 hit combos are extremely easy now (like normal into specials) except for jump kick, trip ... there is a huge lag for me for some reason between moves
canceling is impossible, on the dpad i would use my thumb to press both buttons @ the same time, but the stick is much harder, and then dashing afterwards is difficult also
frown.gif

i am much better on the 2nd player side ... its going to be a pain to get down the 1st player side
i see potential but its going to take forever literally ... i hate the fightpad though even though i'm much better w/ it ... going back and forth between the 2 is not a good look and it takes me a while to get going

any tips from stick users ... esp. shoto players

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif

i'm going to do a daily update of what i attempt to do w/ the stick to help everyone who is new to it / or just haven't played in years on it ... i use sagat btw
some people use the wine class technique and i go w/ the open hand ....
i get out uppercuts rather easy and but when i try to cancel it turns into a low punch
smh.gif
i can't figure that problem out yet
if ur gonna play w/ the stick i suggest ur familiarize urself w/ negative carry/edge w/e its called ... the game recognizes the button press when ur pressing it down or releasing it
when dashing to the right use ur base of ur fingers, when dashing to the left use ur thumb right above the joint
practice running thru fireballs, use the record / playback modes
finally CHANGE ONE OF UR BUTTONS TO FOCUS ATTACK ... this will ensure u get the timing down or cancels, worry about going back to the regular button config later
complete ur motions when doing fireballs and uppercuts ... pressing the punch, kick buttons after u enter the input (this works best for me so far) i'll worry about speeding up later
end result ... i can cancel dashing both ways w/ easy but having trouble w/ my uppercut for some reason ...

came back on today and did terrible ... put the game down and started watching the game ... i just started pressing buttons and i used my index finger to press the focus attack ...
perfection ... i still got a ways to go but i think i can finally do some combos on the stick that i can't do w/ the fightpad ... i'm rather encouraged...
i'm now struggling w/ the open hand versus the wine cup approach ... basically i'm using an in between type hold on the joystick ... throwing 50 fireballs, uppercuts, and knees each and starting over if i make a mistake ... haven't been able to do it yet ... but 5 days in i really can't complain w/ my progress ...

one button focus attacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
??? who does that... whats the point of getting a stick then

Any one know how to follow balrogs- Down(Charge)-up-punch, into a ultra? likw after i hit him up how im i suppose to charge back for the ultra, what motionshould i do? nh

im done wtih all trial modes, just need his, guiles, and chun li's, still waiting for my fightpad to come in the mail

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

Any one know how to follow balrogs- Down(Charge)-up-punch, into a ultra? likw after i hit him up how im i suppose to charge back for the ultra, what motion should i do? nh

im done wtih all trial modes, just need his, guiles, and chun li's, still waiting for my fightpad to come in the mail
Instead of Charging Down, and then up + punch...

Charge downback...and go upback for the headbutt, in order to keep your charge. Once you land, input the buttons and then the ultra will come out.

^..
laugh.gif
. i always catch myself in a half throwing motion and realize 50bucks to replace a damn controller is not worth it..

Originally Posted by daemacho

^..
laugh.gif
. i always catch myself in a half throwing motion and realize 50 bucks to replace a damn controller is not worth it..
laugh.gif
i've already murdered two dualshocks (one white one i imported from japan, $$$), broke a printer, and a floor lamp. now i killed thistable lamp, and my glass balcony is half gone with glass all over the place. this game is bringing out the demons.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

Any one know how to follow balrogs- Down(Charge)-up-punch, into a ultra? likw after i hit him up how im i suppose to charge back for the ultra, what motion should i do? nh

Charge downback...and go upback for the headbutt, in order to keep your charge. Once you land, input the buttons and then the ultra will come out.
imma try this tmmrw, when you say upback ,you mean diagonally upper left?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

^..
laugh.gif
. i always catch myself in a half throwing motion and realize 50 bucks to replace a damn controller is not worth it..
laugh.gif
i've already murdered two dualshocks (one white one i imported from japan, $$$), broke a printer, and a floor lamp. now i killed this table lamp, and my glass balcony is half gone with glass all over the place. this game is bringing out the demons.
laugh.gif
you don't play madden do you?
laugh.gif

what?
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure there are BP boosters all over. Lots of dudes in the 4-6000 range who can't chain moves together or perform ultras with the characters they pick.

Still think it's a good idea.
laugh.gif
I'm just sayin' it's gonna get worse if youridea gets implemented.

I no longer care about BP @ this point on Xbox Live, it's getting more and more serious with these geeks.

It seems people on PSN are much more in it for the game and the experience than making top leaderboards.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

imma try this tmmrw, when you say upback ,you mean diagonally upper left?
Yes sir.

Diagonal lower left, then roll it up to diagonally upper left. So kinda doing a quarter circle from the original lower left position to the upper leftposition.

^..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i've already murdered two dualshocks (one white one i imported from japan, $$$), broke a printer, and a floor lamp. now i killed this table lamp, and my glass balcony is half gone with glass all over the place. this game is bringing out the demons.
laugh.gif
you don't play madden do you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
used to, but i won a lot more in that than this game.

catchfade209, i hate your guile using +@%

with that said, gg's....but i hate your guile using +@% loll

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

does anyone have any tips regarding stick use ... this is my 3rd day using it ... my observations so far

i hold the stick open handed ... i find myself doing the moves better if i let go of the stick after each move ...
2 hit combos are extremely easy now (like normal into specials) except for jump kick, trip ... there is a huge lag for me for some reason between moves
canceling is impossible, on the dpad i would use my thumb to press both buttons @ the same time, but the stick is much harder, and then dashing afterwards is difficult also
frown.gif

i am much better on the 2nd player side ... its going to be a pain to get down the 1st player side
i see potential but its going to take forever literally ... i hate the fightpad though even though i'm much better w/ it ... going back and forth between the 2 is not a good look and it takes me a while to get going

any tips from stick users ... esp. shoto players

sick.gif

i'm going to do a daily update of what i attempt to do w/ the stick to help everyone who is new to it / or just haven't played in years on it ... i use sagat btw
some people use the wine class technique and i go w/ the open hand ....
i get out uppercuts rather easy and but when i try to cancel it turns into a low punch
smh.gif
i can't figure that problem out yet
if ur gonna play w/ the stick i suggest ur familiarize urself w/ negative carry/edge w/e its called ... the game recognizes the button press when ur pressing it down or releasing it
when dashing to the right use ur base of ur fingers, when dashing to the left use ur thumb right above the joint
practice running thru fireballs, use the record / playback modes
finally CHANGE ONE OF UR BUTTONS TO FOCUS ATTACK ... this will ensure u get the timing down or cancels, worry about going back to the regular button config later
complete ur motions when doing fireballs and uppercuts ... pressing the punch, kick buttons after u enter the input (this works best for me so far) i'll worry about speeding up later
end result ... i can cancel dashing both ways w/ easy but having trouble w/ my uppercut for some reason ...

came back on today and did terrible ... put the game down and started watching the game ... i just started pressing buttons and i used my index finger to press the focus attack ...
perfection ... i still got a ways to go but i think i can finally do some combos on the stick that i can't do w/ the fightpad ... i'm rather encouraged...
i'm now struggling w/ the open hand versus the wine cup approach ... basically i'm using an in between type hold on the joystick ... throwing 50 fireballs, uppercuts, and knees each and starting over if i make a mistake ... haven't been able to do it yet ... but 5 days in i really can't complain w/ my progress ...

one button focus attacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
??? who does that... whats the point of getting a stick then

indifferent.gif
... the timing for canceling was different for me on the stick than on the fight pad ... so i had to 1 learn the timing on the stick b/c i was having allsorts of issues getting used to the button layout on the stick... pressing the wrong buttons making a ton of mistakes ... i had to make sure that i could evenget it out on the stick ... hence the one button ...
i later on said that now i use 1 finger to press the 2 buttons ... learn to read ...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

obviously i like having my MP w/ sagat ... but for the purpose of practicing 2 days after i got the stick i switched it ... do you want a cookie b/c u neverhad to make any adj to the button config.... its called practicing for reason

^..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you need to smoke a cigarette every time you get tight

it helps me relax....

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

^..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you need to smoke a cigarette every time you get tight

it helps me relax....
having a punching bag down the hall FTW- everybody in the house knows when i mess up a cancel or dont finish a combo lol

Back
Top Bottom