STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

he aint doin that to my Zangief
grin.gif
Too bad your on xbox.

=(

Just finished playing a set with my buddy online. Man I'm rusty. I've been playing HD Remix alot lately b/c they resetted the leaderboards. (I'm at100W and 12L, all with Gief and maybe 10 with T.Hawk BTW). I was still trying to throw with just the fierce punch button. I was getting my butt whooped prettybad until I started to get the hang of it again.

Remix Gief > SFIV Gief

^ jerry u on ps3? if so we should get some hd remix matches in. my main is claw, and hd remix took out wall dive shenanigans
laugh.gif
. lets play sometime.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

that combo gouken combo is BS and wont work in a live match. it takes 2 bars to do a FADC combo and he did it three times.. there's only 4 bars.
Hmm that's what I was thinking. Anyways simplicity seems to be best with Gouken. FADCing with him doesn't pay off as much as it does with other characters.
he only did the FADC twice

i just got hd remix on the 360 (had it on my ps3 before it broke) and its so hard to do a dragon punch with the 360 controller.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

^ jerry u on ps3? if so we should get some hd remix matches in. my main is claw, and hd remix took out wall dive shenanigans
laugh.gif
. lets play sometime.
Sorry homie, I'm on XBL
pimp.gif

That's a match that I would love to play more often being Claw is one of Gief's worst matchups.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

My Gouken is coming along pretty nicely
pimp.gif
I'm trying to main him but some of his matchups are just
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
Is there anyone else trying to main him? How have ya'll been coping without a wakeup move? And what are you doing to people who like to walk up on you and throw you because of it.

And what's the deal with people boosting their BP? Like is that for real? How are they doing it? That's really sad that dudes want props that bad lol. I fought some kid with like 6000 BP and straight mopped the floor with him. Probably cheated to get his BP
smh.gif

One thing I can say for certain is that the community on PS3 is so much friendlier that 360. I've played hundreds of matches and only gotten one hate message so far, while at the same time I've gotten about a dozen gg type messages.
he doesn't have a wake up move? honestly, i use his hi counter as his wake up if somebody jumps at me, and his low one if they're walking at me, EX SRK move is good for getting away as well as his aerial jump move as well
Hi/Lo counter is only stopping someone who's trying to poke you. It's not stopping a FA and it damn sure ain't stopping a throw. Good Abels can usually command throw me to oblivion, and it sucks
tired.gif

backdash

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

does anyone have any tips regarding stick use ... this is my 3rd day using it ... my observations so far

i hold the stick open handed ... i find myself doing the moves better if i let go of the stick after each move ...
2 hit combos are extremely easy now (like normal into specials) except for jump kick, trip ... there is a huge lag for me for some reason between moves
canceling is impossible, on the dpad i would use my thumb to press both buttons @ the same time, but the stick is much harder, and then dashing afterwards is difficult also
frown.gif

i am much better on the 2nd player side ... its going to be a pain to get down the 1st player side
i see potential but its going to take forever literally ... i hate the fightpad though even though i'm much better w/ it ... going back and forth between the 2 is not a good look and it takes me a while to get going

any tips from stick users ... esp. shoto players

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a monthnow. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in thefirst player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let youknow how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too.

ohwell.gif
I dont like the sound of that, thats the problem I have with my 360controller and one of the big reasons why I want the stick.

djaward wrote:

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif

I own a TE stick as well. I hardly use it though b/c I'm so used to my HRAP stick. I did swap out the Ball top for the Bat which helped me outgreatly. Go to lizardlick.com and get yourself one. You will not regret it.

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

djaward wrote:

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif
I own a TE stick as well. I hardly use it though b/c I'm so used to my HRAP stick. I did swap out the Ball top for the Bat which helped me out greatly. Go to lizardlick.com and get yourself one. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the site. But which stick should I get (NH)?? I want one thats equivalant to the one thats on the TE stick. But in form of the bat and not the ball.

I still killin' Cammy and Akuma users.
laugh.gif

I don't think I've ever won a single match vs Blanka or Dhalsim.

does anyone have any tips regarding stick use ... this is my 3rd day using it ... my observations so far

i hold the stick open handed ... i find myself doing the moves better if i let go of the stick after each move ...
2 hit combos are extremely easy now (like normal into specials) except for jump kick, trip ... there is a huge lag for me for some reason between moves
canceling is impossible, on the dpad i would use my thumb to press both buttons @ the same time, but the stick is much harder, and then dashing afterwards is difficult also
frown.gif

i am much better on the 2nd player side ... its going to be a pain to get down the 1st player side
i see potential but its going to take forever literally ... i hate the fightpad though even though i'm much better w/ it ... going back and forth between the 2 is not a good look and it takes me a while to get going

any tips from stick users ... esp. shoto players

sick.gif

i'm going to do a daily update of what i attempt to do w/ the stick to help everyone who is new to it / or just haven't played in years on it ... i usesagat btw
some people use the wine class technique and i go w/ the open hand ....
i get out uppercuts rather easy and but when i try to cancel it turns into a low punch
smh.gif
i can't figure that problem out yet
if ur gonna play w/ the stick i suggest ur familiarize urself w/ negative carry/edge w/e its called ... the game recognizes the button press when ur pressingit down or releasing it
when dashing to the right use ur base of ur fingers, when dashing to the left use ur thumb right above the joint
practice running thru fireballs, use the record / playback modes
finally CHANGE ONE OF UR BUTTONS TO FOCUS ATTACK ... this will ensure u get the timing down or cancels, worry about going back to the regular button configlater
complete ur motions when doing fireballs and uppercuts ... pressing the punch, kick buttons after u enter the input (this works best for me so far) i'llworry about speeding up later
end result ... i can cancel dashing both ways w/ easy but having trouble w/ my uppercut for some reason ...

i'm well over 200 losses by now, but i just gained a new primary character. hehehe... i'm back in business.

They really need to rework the battle point system
smh.gif
I played like 30 matches this morning losing probably lost 5 at most and I ended off with 150 or so lessBP then when I started. There should be a minimum of 10 BP.

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

djaward wrote:

sick.gif
I own a TE stick as well. I hardly use it though b/c I'm so used to my HRAP stick. I did swap out the Ball top for the Bat which helped me out greatly. Go to lizardlick.com and get yourself one. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the site. But which stick should I get (NH)?? I want one thats equivalant to the one thats on the TE stick. But in form of the bat and not the ball.

i PM'd you, i'm getting rid of my bat top never used, so yea, check your inbox

to other people who want it, i also have a octogonal gate for sale

i got the top at lizardlick too, but they are closed for now until they fulfill all their other orders.

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by daaznfella

My Gouken is coming along pretty nicely
pimp.gif
I'm trying to main him but some of his matchups are just
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
Is there anyone else trying to main him? How have ya'll been coping without a wakeup move? And what are you doing to people who like to walk up on you and throw you because of it.

And what's the deal with people boosting their BP? Like is that for real? How are they doing it? That's really sad that dudes want props that bad lol. I fought some kid with like 6000 BP and straight mopped the floor with him. Probably cheated to get his BP
smh.gif

One thing I can say for certain is that the community on PS3 is so much friendlier that 360. I've played hundreds of matches and only gotten one hate message so far, while at the same time I've gotten about a dozen gg type messages.
he doesn't have a wake up move? honestly, i use his hi counter as his wake up if somebody jumps at me, and his low one if they're walking at me, EX SRK move is good for getting away as well as his aerial jump move as well
Hi/Lo counter is only stopping someone who's trying to poke you. It's not stopping a FA and it damn sure ain't stopping a throw. Good Abels can usually command throw me to oblivion, and it sucks
tired.gif

backdash
i'd actually say ex aerial jump move wouldn't be a bad wake up imo

I suck in this game i dont know if its the ps3 controller or what because i went undefeated on the 360 controller when it first came out. I played about 20matches and won 1 time wth ken.

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

I suck in this game i dont know if its the ps3 controller or what because i went undefeated on the 360 controller when it first came out. I played about 20 matches and won 1 time wth ken.
You've got two choices, stop using Ken b/c most people aren't falling for his bs anymore or learn to use him really really well...andstill probably lose lol. Really though using Ken puts you at a disadvantage b/c so many people use him online that just about everyone is used to him by now.I've been destroying flowchart Kens lately. I think a lot of them have moved onto Ryu now cause I've been seeing a lot of them recently too.

Back
Top Bottom