STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

I suck in this game i dont know if its the ps3 controller or what because i went undefeated on the 360 controller when it first came out. I played about 20 matches and won 1 time wth ken.

returning the game would do us all a favor.

I finally caved in and bought a Tournament stick off ebay from a guy 45 min away from me. I should get it in a couple days. I got sick of waiting and calling @gamestops around my way. Plus I paid the lower end of the spectrum for what they're going on ebay.
pimp.gif

daaznfella,

why are you selling your bat top? also do you have the adapter for it too?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

I suck in this game i dont know if its the ps3 controller or what because i went undefeated on the 360 controller when it first came out. I played about 20 matches and won 1 time wth ken.
You've got two choices, stop using Ken b/c most people aren't falling for his bs anymore or learn to use him really really well...and still probably lose lol. Really though using Ken puts you at a disadvantage b/c so many people use him online that just about everyone is used to him by now. I've been destroying flowchart Kens lately. I think a lot of them have moved onto Ryu now cause I've been seeing a lot of them recently too.
yep. i've been destroying ken's, they all play the same. i've seen a lot more ryu's and sagat's lately. annoying because whensomeone else uses sagat, i use him and it's a tiger shot fest.

i've played a lot of typical guiles lately too. crouch, try to trip you, sonic boom, flash kick...

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

djaward wrote:

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif
I own a TE stick as well. I hardly use it though b/c I'm so used to my HRAP stick. I did swap out the Ball top for the Bat which helped me out greatly. Go to lizardlick.com and get yourself one. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the site. But which stick should I get (NH)?? I want one thats equivalant to the one thats on the TE stick. But in form of the bat and not the ball.

Just get the bat-top replacement, not a new stick [unless you really want an entirely new stick].

I changed 1 of my TEs into an octagon-gated bat-top for anyone that comes over and hates the stock Sanwa feel.

Friends and relatives that come over absolutely love it, but to each, their own.

Bat top will simply cost you $5.00 - $5.50, while a completely new stick will be roughly $15+.

Edit ----//>
Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Is there anyway to wager BP in player matches? If not it needs to come about.
Say me and you are online and link up for some Player Matches...

And I tell you, "Eyy lose a few rounds so my BP goes up."

Would that be fair to everybody else?

just started playing online today after a long hiatus... is it me or does everybody rage quit now??? its like cmon dude its just a player match its not likeyour going to lose bp
mad.gif
(

Originally Posted by syxth element

I finally caved in and bought a Tournament stick off ebay from a guy 45 min away from me. I should get it in a couple days. I got sick of waiting and calling @ gamestops around my way. Plus I paid the lower end of the spectrum for what they're going on ebay.
pimp.gif

daaznfella,

why are you selling your bat top? also do you have the adapter for it too?

pm'd you about the top

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by rowbot626

is it me or does everybody rage quit now???
same here but in a ranked match tho and it annoys the hell out of me
mad.gif
mad.gif
What system are ya'll playing on. I'm almost 600 matches in and I've only had about a half dozen rage quits.

Originally Posted by rowbot626

is it me or does everybody rage quit now???
same here but in a ranked match tho and it annoys the hell out of me
mad.gif
mad.gif
What system are ya'll playing on. I'm almost 600 matches in and I've only had about a half dozen rage quits.
ps3

GG's Safer, aren't you happy I didn't use Ken?
laugh.gif
figure I'd run you with Sagat instead and suprise I won all 3 seeing as Bison is one ofthose dudes I have trouble against
smh.gif

^ vega,akuma,and cammy
2 out of those 3 are prone to causing rage quits lol. Vega's crossups and Akuma's fireball shenanigans piss scrubs off.

And about Cammy...does anyone know how the hell to get away from her ex houligan throw!? That thing tracks me down like a mother
laugh.gif
smh.gif

And about Cammy...does anyone know how the hell to get away from her ex houligan throw!? That thing tracks me down like a mother
laugh.gif
smh.gif
My friend has a mean %*# Cammy. A well timed DP usually stuffs it. It depends on who you pick against here. I hate her cannon spike. That thinghas the craziest arc to it.

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

laugh.gif
smh.gif
My friend has a mean %*# Cammy. A well timed DP usually stuffs it. It depends on who you pick against here. I hate her cannon spike. That thing has the craziest arc to it.
Gouken FTL.

ey ravage let's have a match?but don't get it twisted yo im not an expert compare to others here
embarassed.gif
btw who do you use?

ey ravage let's have a match?but don't get it twisted yo im not an expert compare to others here
embarassed.gif
btw who do you use?
I'm not at home right now. I use Gouken. I'll be on later tonight probably though. StrokeOfGenius81, let me know you're from NT.

Question for those who use multiple characters. How do you set up your controller so that you don't have to switch your buttons when you switch characters?I hate that I can't switch the buttons during ranked matches.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by djaward

does anyone have any tips regarding stick use ... this is my 3rd day using it ... my observations so far

i hold the stick open handed ... i find myself doing the moves better if i let go of the stick after each move ...
2 hit combos are extremely easy now (like normal into specials) except for jump kick, trip ... there is a huge lag for me for some reason between moves
canceling is impossible, on the dpad i would use my thumb to press both buttons @ the same time, but the stick is much harder, and then dashing afterwards is difficult also
frown.gif

i am much better on the 2nd player side ... its going to be a pain to get down the 1st player side
i see potential but its going to take forever literally ... i hate the fightpad though even though i'm much better w/ it ... going back and forth between the 2 is not a good look and it takes me a while to get going

any tips from stick users ... esp. shoto players

Im having trouble controlling my acrade stick. I seriously think it the little ball. I want to trade it for a bat one. I HAVE THE TE stick. Had it for a month now. Still cant get the hang of it. I am doing the PRACTICE MODES. Thats working out. IM like cRazy, Im better on the second player position. When Im in the first player, my ultras dont come out when I want them too. When IM in the second player I can kick som HINI. Im going to do the swap today. I'll let you know how it comes out and see if it that makes things better. I LOVE THE TE STICK THOUGH., It better then the 360 CONTROLLER
sick.gif

i'm going to do a daily update of what i attempt to do w/ the stick to help everyone who is new to it / or just haven't played in years on it ... i use sagat btw
some people use the wine class technique and i go w/ the open hand ....
i get out uppercuts rather easy and but when i try to cancel it turns into a low punch
smh.gif
i can't figure that problem out yet
if ur gonna play w/ the stick i suggest ur familiarize urself w/ negative carry/edge w/e its called ... the game recognizes the button press when ur pressing it down or releasing it
when dashing to the right use ur base of ur fingers, when dashing to the left use ur thumb right above the joint
practice running thru fireballs, use the record / playback modes
finally CHANGE ONE OF UR BUTTONS TO FOCUS ATTACK ... this will ensure u get the timing down or cancels, worry about going back to the regular button config later
complete ur motions when doing fireballs and uppercuts ... pressing the punch, kick buttons after u enter the input (this works best for me so far) i'll worry about speeding up later
end result ... i can cancel dashing both ways w/ easy but having trouble w/ my uppercut for some reason ...

came back on today and did terrible ... put the game down and started watching the game ... i just started pressing buttons and i used my index finger to pressthe focus attack ...
perfection ... i still got a ways to go but i think i can finally do some combos on the stick that i can't do w/ the fightpad ... i'm ratherencouraged...
i'm now struggling w/ the open hand versus the wine cup approach ... basically i'm using an in between type hold on the joystick ... throwing 50fireballs, uppercuts, and knees each and starting over if i make a mistake ... haven't been able to do it yet ... but 5 days in i really can't complainw/ my progress ...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

a lot of the top players rage quit, to preserve their bp. sucks, capcom needs to switch that.
Same thing is happening with HD REMIX since they resetted the leaderboards. People are starting to quit to preserve their ratings which is thesame as BP in SFIV. I guess they don't like it when I SPD their heads into the grounds 2-3 times a round.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

GG's Safer, aren't you happy I didn't use Ken?
laugh.gif
figure I'd run you with Sagat instead and suprise I won all 3 seeing as Bison is one of those dudes I have trouble against
smh.gif
I wasn't suprised...

Next time I won't try to be so flashy...

Back
Top Bottom