Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

I prefer these as snack choices:

And I'm with Lurkin, I'm glad to see NT having an interest in health/fitness.
pimp.gif

.36 OUNCES wrote:

I just calculated my Body Fat Percentage here...I'm at a comfortable 11 percent. Now I'm gonna push for under 10 percent.

damn, i jus calculated mine, its 23....I NEED HELP...PMs with any help would be appreciated. thanks.

im 6'1. 220lbs. people say i look skinny but i just have a beer belly. any tips on how i could get to under 200 in a few months?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by Grimey

What are the best snacks for in between meals?

Almonds, blueberries, apples, banana
Great stuff. I also like watermelon and oranges, and sweet potato...best veggie out there, with regular potato coming in at a far 2nd, nutrition wise.

I used to do bicycle kicks, 2 sets of 50. But I will try the others you mentioned.
Though fruits are an excellent snack choice, I've always preferred more protein rich snacks:

Beef Jerky, (Watch the sodium though)
Cottage Cheese
Canned tuna
Protein shake

For carbs, I take this tortilla I buy that's made out of whole grain sprouts...it's called ezekiel tortillas from trader joes.... and microwave it till it's hard (about 2 min) It tastes and has a texture of a corn chip without all the bad stuff, and is a great source of fiber and slow digesting carbs.
Canned tuna is a good choice too. I found this one at the market where it's in a cup so it's even easier to open. It's under 100 cals and has a good amount of protein and not so much fat. I used to like cottage cheese with my banana too, but I got too lazy of actually combining the two.
laugh.gif
Back when I was losing weight during the transformation, I would eat a can of tuna, cottage cheese, and mustard with a slice of grain bread. Thatconsisted of one meal, which I would consumer consistently 5 times a day for a good 9 months.
sick.gif

The kicker is, I actually enjoyed it...still eat it to this day if I'm not sure of what to eat for lunch.
laugh.gif

Hit up Costo/Sams Club to get massive amounts of nuts (Cashews, Almonds, etc) *pause* for a good price.

Originally Posted by blackxme

I've seen a few questions about ab exercises, so here's a good amount to choose from. Some of you might know about these but this is for those who need some more variety.
HOT DAMN!!!

Good post sir. Thanks a grip.

Some snacks I always have on deck.

Do not sleep on BOLD almonds
394515.jpg

DSCN2305.JPG

courtesy of audi..
F10-0256004-7100bg.jpg

ph_CcLoFt24Oz_lg.jpg

+
1217988904-9311_full.jpg

It's cool that you guys are eating nuts, but try to stay away from salted/processed nuts. Raw nuts are the most healthy, most fresh and least expensive. Ipersonally like cashews and peanuts the most. Almonds are good if you soak them overnight in water.

Originally Posted by Grimey

I've never tried cottege cheese, it looks so nasty..
it is nasty. to me.

turkey sandwiches, wit mustard, fatfree slice of cheese and pickles is what i eat.

i lost 30 lbs doin that(and not eatin sweets at night) but i wasnt in the gym goin hard. Went back into the gym hard and gained 10 back..

Can you go hard with the weights (cardio) and not gain weight?

There's this wheat cracker/chicken salad combo pack at Costco that I enjoy too. I only eat it at school or when I'm out and about though. When I'mat the crib, I prefer fruits/veggies.

im bout to leave the country soon and not not be working out and eating delicious food and getting drunk off my ##@ for a while

nt pray for me

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

im bout to leave the country soon and not not be working out and eating delicious food and getting drunk off my ##@ for a while

nt pray for me
As long as you're not on a cruise, it's all good. I gained a solid 5 lbs on a 1 week cruise once...pretty sure it was all fat.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

how much is everyones protein intake?
250g + easily... counting protein shakes and meals. I'm 205 pounds, consume about 2500-3000 calories a day.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

how do you guys eat your cottage cheese? like with what?
Fruit. I don't really like cottage cheese though.
Vons or Safeway is the only store/chain that I know that sells low sodium Cottage cheese. It tastes like !%# by itself, but I eat it with berriesand smuckers sugar free jelly.

1217988904-9311_full.jpg

I'm getting my gym membership in a few days. ( If anyone is wondering, Costco is selling 2-year prepaid membership for 300, which is fairly cheapconsidering most people are paying 30+ a month, the deal expires next month)

I'm new to this, so anyone know where I how set-up a workout routine to follow? Bodybuilding.com perhaps?

I'm close to 160, at 5'9". Goals are to lose a bit of weight, and gain muscle. Mostly build muscle though. But I don't wantto be huge, just "defined".

Any help is appreciated!

250g + easily... counting protein shakes and meals. I'm 205 pounds, consume about 2500-3000 calories a day.
how consistent is this? and how much money are you spending?

i think sum ppl n this thread are concentrating too heavily on their diet....

its obviously very important, most important when it comes to toning up your body but if ur still 20-30% body fat and only hittin the gym 2-3 days a week umight as well be enjoying urself with respect to the foods u enjoy... no use counting calories/protein/fat intake if ur not gunna make a 100% commitment

jus my 2 cents, we all have dif body types and metabolisms so every case is different, find what works for you... even the best advice may not be ideal for urparticular body

I did Prez's ab workout after Chest/Tri's today... that joint was tough. I did the first superset, 10 reps each, did the breathing in between...couldnt finish that second set.

Also, I need some advice on putting on size to my arms. I've never been one of the "beach body" type, weights have always been a strength &conditioning thing for me. Any good exercises recommended for isolating Bi's/Tri's?

Originally Posted by Elocin023

how do you guys eat your cottage cheese? like with what?
Fruit. I don't really like cottage cheese though.
Vons or Safeway is the only store/chain that I know that sells low sodium Cottage cheese. It tastes like !%# by itself, but I eat it with berries and smuckers sugar free jelly.

1217988904-9311_full.jpg
I used to use sugar free jam for cottage cheese. I've now ditched the jam (empty calories) for fruit. Fruits like blueberries, raspberries,strawberries, apples, peaches are very low in calories, taste great and make cottage cheese bearable.

I dont think cottage cheese is that bad. Half a cup is 100 calories and contains 14g of protein. When you think about it, its only 3-4 spoons of eatingsomething "disgusting" but its another effective source of protein (after a while you get tired of eating eggs/chicken/fish every single day).

The one healthy food that I could NOT stand was tuna. However that changed 2 weeks ago when I discovered flavored tuna in a grocery store I'd never been tobefore. They have amazing flavors such as peanut satay, Spicy Thai, Lemon Pepper and Tomato Onion that now make eating tuna easy for me. One can containsroughly 80-140 calories with 14-18 g of protein, 0-10 g of carbs and very little fat.

My favorite snack are nuts...especially cashews, almonds and peanuts but I avoid buying them because I have absolutely no self control when it comes to thesethings
laugh.gif
I can eat healthy all day but as soon as I get my hands on thesethings, all bets are off
smh.gif
I've had plenty of days where I'd eat cleanand then suddenly gorge on 1000+ calories of nuts...they are way too delicious
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

how consistent is this? and how much money are you spending?
Too much money fam, too much.
frown.gif
tired.gif

My meals are pretty consistent. Goes a little something like this:

Meal 1.
Oatmeal w/milled flax seeds for the fiber and mono/poly fats.
8 eggs, all whites with 2 yolks: roughly 35 grams protein

Meal 2.
Trader Joes "Just chicken" : 50 grams protein
2 ezekiel tortillas for the fiber and carbs
not my pic
artichoke_pesto_pasta1_2.jpg

Meal 3

Same as meal 2 50g protein

Meal 4 (preworkout)
I'll have this bar for some energy about 15-30 minutes before a workout for the carbs, about 30g protein
metrx_big_100_bar_new.jpg

Postworkout, a 50g protein shake with 2 corn tortillas for the carbs.

Last meal changes, and usually consists of about 40g of protein either from a shake or whole food source like chicken or steak. No carbs this meal though.

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

its obviously very important, most important when it comes to toning up your body but if ur still 20-30% body fat and only hittin the gym 2-3 days a week u might as well be enjoying urself with respect to the foods u enjoy... no use counting calories/protein/fat intake if ur not gunna make a 100% commitment

jus my 2 cents, we all have dif body types and metabolisms so every case is different, find what works for you... even the best advice may not be ideal for ur particular body
I think it's the exact opposite, and people need to start concentrating on their diets a lot more.

The saying goes... "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym"

There's no use working out, if there's not a 100% commitment to your diet.

And btw... learning how to eyeball portions and mentally tally calories and macro intakes is a very, very valuable skill to have. Start keeping track ofeverything you eat. EVERYTHING.

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

its obviously very important, most important when it comes to toning up your body but if ur still 20-30% body fat and only hittin the gym 2-3 days a week u might as well be enjoying urself with respect to the foods u enjoy... no use counting calories/protein/fat intake if ur not gunna make a 100% commitment

jus my 2 cents, we all have dif body types and metabolisms so every case is different, find what works for you... even the best advice may not be ideal for ur particular body
You're saying that half
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
ing your workout and commiting to your diet < half
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
ing your workout AND diet?

Can't say I agree with you there.

Back
Top Bottom