Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Krazyg you just got me even more excited to try WF(n.h.)

I hope it comes tomorrow. Bodybuilding.com's shipping is quick as hell!

I ordered the kre-alk on sunday and woke up to it today like
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

so am i but these guys crack me up. an they always look at me like why doesnt he join us?
I feel ya. I've come to the concklusion that many in the gym live in lala land.

Case in point.
Last week this old fart goign through a midlife crisis decides to hog the only power rack in the gym doing seizure like BB rows after doing "squats"and curls.
He sees me waiting for the rack and goes "what are you waiting to do?". I answer "squats". he goes, "oh you can do those". Ianswer, "No I can't. I need the hooks that you're using to do !!%!+%$ BB rows whichhe could and should do from the floor to open up the rack." He goes, "sure you can. Just use these bars (the ones that adjust and span almost theentire length of the rack for stuff like rack pulls, shrugs, etc.)"
I give him the
ohwell.gif
and go "How I am going to squat down? The barswill be holding the bar up at the height point". He goes "oh yeh."
laugh.gif

I realize that this is going nowhere and decide to just do some higher rep, lighter weight squats by loading the bar up c &j 'ing it, and lowering itunto my traps. I do this and while I'm squatting I see this dude shaking his head at me.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
alien.gif

He doesn't even realize he's the cause of this.

Sat and Sun morning are the best. The rest of the week I';m forced to train during the peak of "bro, bro, bro" hour.
In 7 years of training I've never had a problem at the gym while in the approx. 2 months I'm at this new gym it seems like there's a problem everyweek.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Yes, I will not follow a borderline mentally handicapped "rule".

Seriously, what is the logic behind it? Cleanliness?
Absolutley. Chalk makes a HUGGGEE mess and the people who use it NEVER clean up after themselves.

Dudes are in the gym thinking theyre LeBron James about to bench 135 lbs with chalk

Originally Posted by Durden7

Absolutley. Chalk makes a HUGGGEE mess and the people who use it NEVER clean up after themselves.

Dudes are in the gym thinking theyre LeBron James about to bench 135 lbs with chalk
It's chalk (a mineral). Not acid.

What "mess" does it make?
It's not as if most are in there throwing around chunks of chalk for %%#%# and giggles.

It's not as if most are in there throwing around chunks of chalk for %%#%# and giggles.
It makes a mess on the bar and on the floor. It gets everywhere and from a selling point/cosmetic aspect of the gym its generally not seen as apositive. It creates more problems than it does benefits.

Ive NEVER seen a single person ever clean up after themselves if they use chalk.... nevvvvver.

It makes a mess on the bar and on the floor. It gets everywhere and from a selling point/cosmetic aspect of the gym its generally not seen as a positive. It creates more problems than it does benefits.

Ive NEVER seen a single person ever clean up after themselves if they use chalk.... nevvvvver.

How can chalk make a mess on the bar? It's %$##%@* chalk...it enhances the utility of the bar. How can you workout heavy without a chalked bar? I only usechalk when pulling.

I clean up when I drop and step on a piece of chalk by mistake but I'm not going to sit there and clean up 2mm wide specks of chalk. It's chalk.Honestly. Just chalk. It's not a paper towel full of sweat or snot.

I feel out of place without a gym full of chalk.
laugh.gif

It makes a mess on the bar and on the floor. It gets everywhere and from a selling point/cosmetic aspect of the gym its generally not seen as a positive. It creates more problems than it does benefits.

How can chalk make a mess on the bar? It's @%%%#@% chalk...it enhances the utility of the bar.

I clean up when I drop and step on a piece of chalk by mistake but I'm not going to sit there and clean up 2mm wide specks of chalk. It's chalk. Honestly. Just chalk. It's not a paper towel full of sweat or snot.
laugh.gif

The chalk gets in between the grooves of the bar. A lot of people dont see it as enhancing the utility of the bar and id be inclined to agree with them. Itmight make your grip better, but its not affecting the bar.

It doesnt matter if its "just chalk" or not, its still an item that creates a mess and is seen as an accessory and not needed. It just doesnt makesense to allow it. Most people arent smart enough to use it properly. From a club ownership perspective, it makes a lot of sense to not allow it.

How can chalk make a mess on the bar? It's @%%%#@% chalk...it enhances the utility of the bar.

I clean up when I drop and step on a piece of chalk by mistake but I'm not going to sit there and clean up 2mm wide specks of chalk. It's chalk. Honestly. Just chalk. It's not a paper towel full of sweat or snot.
laugh.gif

The chalk gets in between the grooves of the bar. A lot of people dont see it as enhancing the utility of the bar and id be inclined to agree with them. It might make your grip better, but its not affecting the bar.

It doesnt matter if its "just chalk" or not, its still an item that creates a mess and is seen as an accessory and not needed. It just doesnt make sense to allow it. Most people arent smart enough to use it properly. From a club ownership perspective, it makes a lot of sense to not allow it.

There is no argument that chalk enhances safety and the utility of the bar (why are bars knurled in the first place? It wears down over time).
There is a rule against chalk because it is seen as being used by "powerlifters/strength athletes" and many of the gyms don't want to attractthat clientèle because it might make some members uncomfortable.
laugh.gif

Chalk is part of weight training. It is a necessary accessory. Just like straps, wrist wraps, tape, belt. They allhave their place at certain moments.

so am i but these guys crack me up. an they always look at me like why doesnt he join us?

Sat and Sun morning are the best. The rest of the week I';m forced to train during the peak of "bro, bro, bro" hour.
smh QFT
roll.gif

my gym has had a huge INFLUX of members also because of lower prices. it sucks

smh QFT
roll.gif

my gym has had a huge INFLUX of members also because of lower prices. it sucks

The one I go to now is baddddddddddd. I work approx. 11 hours a day and this gym is literally 3 minutes walking distance from my home.
Just have to sacrifice.
laugh.gif

"you got it bro. You got it. Alllllllllll youuuuuuuuuu!". "Bro chest day bro. I'm $$%%*** pumped. Chest day Bro!".
roll.gif
roll.gif

There is no argument that chalk enhances safety and the utility of the bar (why are bars knurled in the first place? It wears down over time).
There is a rule against chalk because it is seen as being used by "powerlifters/strength athletes" and many of the gyms don't want to attract that clientèle because it might make some members uncomfortable.
laugh.gif

Chalk is part of weight training. It is a necessary accessory. Just like straps, wrist wraps, tape, belt. They all have their place at certain moments.

So the calk on the bar helps prevent it from breaking down over time even though its already knurled? Ehhhhhhhh thats def. debatable.

Its not that its seen as being used by powerlifters/strength athletes, its just viewed as not clean and a mess. Its a difficult sell when a potential memberis being given a tour and theres white powder all over every bar, DB and the floor. You might know what it is and its purposes, but the vast majority ofmembers do not and its not a pleasant sight.

Chalk isn't a necessary accessory. A perfectly good workout routine can be completed without the use of chalk. Only a small % of people who exercise usechalk and the ones who don't still get good results from not using it. Theres no such thing as a necessary accessory by the way. If it was needed itwouldn't be an accessory. Straps aren't needed (counter-productive at times), wrist straps arent needed, tape isnt needed. Belts certainly do havetheir benefits so I wont disagree with that. Also, if they have their place at certain moments it automatically disqualifies it as being necessary.

I totally understand why chalk is used, im not saying its stupid to use it but from the club/management perspective its such a hassle.

There is a rule against chalk because it is seen as being used by "powerlifters/strength athletes" and many of the gyms don't want to attract that clientèle because it might make some members uncomfortable.
laugh.gif

Chalk is part of weight training. It is a necessary accessory. Just like straps, wrist wraps, tape, belt. They all have their place at certain moments.

So the calk on the bar helps prevent it from breaking down over time even though its already knurled? Ehhhhhhhh thats def. debatable.

Its not that its seen as being used by powerlifters/strength athletes, its just viewed as not clean and a mess. Its a difficult sell when a potential member is being given a tour and theres white powder all over every bar, DB and the floor. You might know what it is and its purposes, but the vast majority of members do not and its not a pleasant sight.

Chalk isn't a necessary accessory. A perfectly good workout routine can be completed without the use of chalk. Only a small % of people who exercise use chalk and the ones who don't still get good results from not using it. Theres no such thing as a necessary accessory by the way. If it was needed it wouldn't be an accessory. Straps aren't needed (counter-productive at times), wrist straps arent needed, tape isnt needed. Belts certainly do have their benefits so I wont disagree with that. Also, if they have their place at certain moments it automatically disqualifies it as being necessary.

I totally understand why chalk is used, im not saying its stupid to use it but from the club/management perspective its such a hassle.

I wasn't implying that chalk aids in slowing down the wearing away of the knurling. Knurling is there to aid in grip because steel is inherently slippery.When the knurling does wear down chalk is absolutely necessary as the bar becomes virtually useless for any heavy lifts.

All accessories are necessary for different things. Why do we have them in the first place? Someone took the time to come up with each accessory because therewas a need for it.
For example if my grip gives past a certain weight but I can pull more weight, straps are absolutely necessary because grip will hinder pulling development.One can have a strong grip but even a stronger pull.

I would actually say that the belt is the least "necessary" of all the accessories.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

What are some good workouts to abs. Ive been doing crunches and sit-ups for the past three weeks and no results
Crunches and sit ups put tons of pressure on your spine. In addition, after 10-15 reps your ab muscles become null to the work out. Lately researches recommend to eliminate these 2 exercises from your routine.

You should do:

Plank
Side Plank
Leg raise
Bicycle kick
V kick
Grab bag

And other exercises that require your abs to work as secondary support, you know, those that make you brace your abs really hard for better result like lunge, dead lifts

You cannot spot reduce in the attempt to see your abs. Doing crunches or any other exercise until the cows come home, won't make any difference unless you reduce your overall body fat. Simply put if you want to see your abs, eat well, eat clean, do cardio. I know many marathoners who don't do any ab work at all, yet have wicked definition in most places that many wished they had.

He asked for work outs, so i gave him some moves he could use. Everyone know the 2 other major factors besides training your abs, is cardio and a proper diet.

i bet he is REAL loud too during every set
laugh.gif

i know THOSE guys.

wawa you SLAM and DROP weights too dont you

then dont PUT the weight back

ooo i bet you leave everything real sweaty also huh?!?!

o yea ya prolly talk for 5 minutes between each set about yankees and red sox too huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yea THESE guys

Let me add some more

Cap on backwards, shirts with their Frat logo/slogan

Water bottle the size of 7/11 double big gulp

And may i add NE Patriots and NY Giants

i have a weak grip kinda so when i do heavy deads chalk would be nice

i dont own any tho and my gym doesnt allow it

oh well

speaking of bros.....always (not very big) dudes talking about waht cycles theyre gonna run, hgh, etc.
smh.gif

annoying sometimes when im trying to get in the zone

Ooooh Al Audi.. that cheat meal looks goood..

I just cooked some sweet potatoes, cajun chicken breast and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.............. hmmm

LURKIN

because of that meal, your team fitness membership is currently under review

the council will contact you regarding their decision in 24 hrs

so i started college recently, but i have been working out ever since. but when i woke up this morning, my arm was sore. so i tried to work out more and itfeels even worse. anyone know the cure for "overworking out?"

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

LURKIN

because of that meal, your team fitness membership is currently under review

the council will contact you regarding their decision in 24 hrs
laugh.gif

youre right

i mean for real that isnt me at all. even a cheat meal im still conscious, i just been stressed out as of late
tired.gif

btw im up because my stomach has been #$(*&^#$# tonite
sick.gif

no worries man

why all the stress

p.s. any recommendations on pre-workout supps? currently considering dark rage, clearshot & phenadrine....you didn't like jack3d right? one of my boysis taking it currently and loves it, but before that he was taking no-xplode so i guess it's a step up from that.

jack3d is so crazy................to some its amazing to others its nothing

white flood was better than jack3d no lie. 3 scoops jacked did nothin really for me............i mean i guess endurance was good but i dunnoman...............intrabolic wouldve done the same. from way ppl were talkin i expected something way different............

if anything its great before havin sex.

IMO

lol nah im ok........................that #()$& STRESSED my stomach out though. so yea i learned my lesson. stick to what i know best.

pre workout supps, everybody is gonna have their own fave. just gotta try em i guess.

Back
Top Bottom