Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Any progress updates?

Meh lately this thread has talked about information to the minute detail.. which has put me off in certain regards. I can't be stuffed if we're notmeant to drink milk etc.. no offense to those who dont, but seriously, the majority of us on here aren't serious bodybuilders but just want a nice fithealthy body.

i always help out in the gym but i know everybody has run into a few annoying people..........more tryna chat it up than lettin ya work out.

Milk Thistle is commonly used for Liver Support btw

I go to the gym early, so there's no one my age there, just a bunch of older men who stare at me when I deadlift
laugh.gif

Just ordered some White Flood and Kre-Alkalyn. Can't wait to see how they help.

went to a kickboxing class...i soo close passing out in the bathroom i just laid there for a good 15 minutes...i thought i was in shape...going back today forboxing class

Originally Posted by sloanboy

man i gotta get me some gloves my have are starting to peal and hurt........smh

yep, i just picked up some new gloves. can't stand those blisters from working out...plus it helps out with your grip.

-waystinthyme

Yeah I got gloves a long time ago. I got 2 pairs so I can rotate between them when one is being washed.

I'm feeling really weak right now coming out of low weight/high rep. I'm doing high weight/low rep now and I'm not using that much more than mynormal sets.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

yep, i just picked up some new gloves. can't stand those blisters from working out...plus it helps out with your grip.

-waystinthyme

Although not using gloves helps your actual grip.

See, in regard to ingesting milk, you must also bring geographical/dietary availability into the question. In certain parts of Europe, veggies like collards aren't available. This is when foods like whole milk is completely necessary to the athlete/fitness enthusiast.
Very true. Also, the sustainability and quality are important factors. Like Joe Camel said, the condition of majority of the dairy industry'scows is horrible. I can't deny that raw, unpasteurized milk is healthy. It is alkalizing and has a nutrient profile similar to that of mother's milk.There are even societies who live off of cows, such as the Masai tribe in Eastern Africa. Their traditional diet was made up almost exclusively of beef, milk,and cow's blood. They're an extremely tough group of warriors.

For every person on the planet to have a diet that revolves around animal products is not practical, especially in the long term aspect. Raising animals justfor food is extremely impractical because it wastes huge amounts of resources. If one acre of land can produce enough milk or meat for two people and one acreof land can produce enough cabbage for 23 people, which is more sustainable and practical? The population of the world is growing, but we aren't gettingmore land to use, so food production needs to be efficient.

However, almost all of the milk that is available has been pasteurized, so you don't derive nearly as many nutrients from the milk and it becomes more of acommodity rather than a source of nutrition. Also, raw, unpasteurized dairy products are rather expensive.

Originally Posted by Durden7

-waystinthyme

Not using gloves is best for your grip no doubt. Without gloves you grip more of the bar (nothing between your hand and the bar)

I use gloves when Im doing low weight but once I start getting to the heavy weight like dead lifting I have to take them off on my last set cause I can'thave the bar slip off my hands with the gloves on.

raw ftw

ohwell.gif
My gym time has cut down TREMENDOUSLY since I moved back home to MDthis past May. When I was in VA I was in my 24hr gym nearly every day either before work or after. Since May I've been going 3 times a month at best. I wasstarting to see nice results with my workouts too.

I just started a new job and started going to the fitness room here after I get off.....but def not the same
tired.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I go to the gym early, so there's no one my age there, just a bunch of older men who stare at me when I deadlift
laugh.gif

Just ordered some White Flood and Kre-Alkalyn. Can't wait to see how they help.

White Flood is excellent. I only used one bottle, and switched to Jack3d after. I prefer Jack3d over White Flood since I don't get the jitters like I dowith White Flood. I felt like I got a better pump from WF though. I highly recommend mixing in some splenda or a bit of sugar to deal with the taste.

yo I've been at a plateau since Late July-August weighing in from 162.8lbs to 165lbs. Today after my cardio session I weighed myself and I'm at161.2lbs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. only a lb but w/e.

Yo Nt, after reading some of this thread i got a membership at Bally Fitness. at the moment im 5'-7" to 5'-9" at about 176 lbs. I'm24-26% BF. I need sometips. any foods that i should eat instead of unhealthy food. routine? i want to be atleast around 160 lbs. How long it'll take??EDIT: im 16.

Proteins: Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Fatty Red Meats, Fish, Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Milks

Carbs: Oatmeal, Cherios, Sweet Potatoes, Fruits, Vegetables, Whole Grain Breads

Fats: Peanut Butter, Olive Oil, Fish Oil caps, Avocado

Just eat a good variety of those and your eating healthy, that would be a great start.

Originally Posted by I3

Proteins: Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Fatty Red Meats, Fish, Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Milks

Just eat a good variety of those and your eating healthy, that would be a great start.
Eh. That list is extremely limiting and broad at the same time. Here are my additions:
Protein: Peas, lentils, beans
Carbs: Quinoa, Amaranth, Buckwheat, Wild Rice, Fruit, Potatoes, Yams
Vegetables: Leafy greens(kale, lettuce, collard greens, etc.), sea vegetables(dusle, chlorella, spirulina), squash, zucchini, carrot, etc.
Fats: Nuts(Almond, Cashew, Walnut, Pecan, Pistachio, Pine Nut, etc.) , Coconut, Seeds(Pumpkin, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower), Oils(Olive, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower,Coconut)

Cheerios aren't healthy. Peanuts are pretty allergenic. Raw Almond Butter is a much better alternative to peanut butter. Fish oil caps shouldn't be asole source of nutrition. They're meant to supplement your whole food sources. You should focus on whole food sources like seeds.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

Eh. That list is extremely limiting and broad at the same time. Here are my additions:
Vegetables: Leafy greens(kale, lettuce, collard greens, etc.), sea vegetables(dusle, chlorella, spirulina), squash, zucchini, carrot, etc.
Fats: Nuts(Almond, Cashew, Walnut, Pecan, Pistachio, Pine Nut, etc.) , Coconut, Seeds(Pumpkin, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower), Oils(Olive, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower, Coconut)

Cheerios aren't healthy. Peanuts are pretty allergenic. Raw Almond Butter is a much better alternative to peanut butter. Fish oil caps shouldn't be a sole source of nutrition. They're meant to supplement your whole food sources. You should focus on whole food sources like seeds.
i love cheerios

i can eat plain cheerios right out the box

cheerios x raisans are the best thing ever.

ive eaten the big box in 2-3 days plenty of times.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Would still like to know what some of you are taking as a liver support supp.. I can only hope some of you are taking someting care of your liver after taking different shakes/pills.
you can find a ton online......usually related to ph/ps/oral steroid use though.

nothing i take or have taken would require one of those supps.
i take creatine mono. and whey protein shakes should i be taken liver support supps.?

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by Durden7

-waystinthyme

Not using gloves is best for your grip no doubt. Without gloves you grip more of the bar (nothing between your hand and the bar)

I use gloves when Im doing low weight but once I start getting to the heavy weight like dead lifting I have to take them off on my last set cause I can't have the bar slip off my hands with the gloves on.

raw ftw
roll.gif
....i went on and copped some gloves and some hand grips

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

Fats: Nuts(Almond, Cashew, Walnut, Pecan, Pistachio, Pine Nut, etc.) , Coconut, Seeds(Pumpkin, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower), Oils(Olive, Flax, Hemp, Sunflower, Coconut)

Cheerios aren't healthy. Peanuts are pretty allergenic. Raw Almond Butter is a much better alternative to peanut butter. Fish oil caps shouldn't be a sole source of nutrition. They're meant to supplement your whole food sources. You should focus on whole food sources like seeds.
i love cheerios

i can eat plain cheerios right out the box

cheerios x raisans are the best thing ever.

ive eaten the big box in 2-3 days plenty of times.
I eat a bowl of cheerios every morning, well when i have class.
Also add brown rice to the list
But when it comes to eating healthy being away at college makes it struggle but I'm managing.
Having a kitchen really helps a lot.

What are some good workouts to abs. Ive been doing crunches and sit-ups for the past three weeks and no results

What kind of workouts do you guys do to work on your shoulders?

I been doing a lot of pushups on my Iron Gym but I dont really feel like it targets my shoulders more my chest and triceps.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

What are some good workouts to abs. Ive been doing crunches and sit-ups for the past three weeks and no results
Crunches and sit ups put tons of pressure on your spine. In addition, after 10-15 reps your ab muscles become null to the work out. Latelyresearches recommend to eliminate these 2 exercises from your routine.

You should do:

Plank
Side Plank
Leg raise
Bicycle kick
V kick
Grab bag

And other exercises that require your abs to work as secondary support, you know, those that make you brace your abs really hard for better result like lunge,dead lifts

Back
Top Bottom