STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Early in my bjj blue belt journey. I dunno man, I know I can't quit cause I'm always training and people will notice my absence and my coaches know where I live. :lol:

I need to find some better recovery methods cause I can't be limping around all day like a gimp. It's literally some new ache everyday.

People won't let me practice flow roll old man jiu jitsu like I want to.

Added the Bowflex C6 to the home gym corner last weekend. God damn cycling is rough for this out of shape old man.

IMG_4664.jpeg

Morning work.

I have not had a phone for a week. I feel like knowing that I will have no distractions has given me more focus and more energy. I will get a new phone for my birthday, Until then I am enjoying the benefits of being digitally disconnected… while simultaneously being one computer log in away from being fully connected again.

Early in my bjj blue belt journey. I dunno man, I know I can't quit cause I'm always training and people will notice my absence and my coaches know where I live. :lol:

I need to find some better recovery methods cause I can't be limping around all day like a gimp. It's literally some new ache everyday.

People won't let me practice flow roll old man jiu jitsu like I want to.
You got your blue belt or on the way to it you mean?
I got to 4 stripe white belt at 2 different gyms but never ended up getting my blue. Kinda wish I did
My boy got his blue belt and went to one more class then never ended up going back :lol:

You got your blue belt or on the way to it you mean?
I got to 4 stripe white belt at 2 different gyms but never ended up getting my blue. Kinda wish I did
My boy got his blue belt and went to one more class then never ended up going back :lol:

I got it a few weeks back in no gi class which was awesome cause very few people do both gi and no gi simultaneously. I get why people quit. One of my training partners ghosted after blue belt.

I want to make it all the way to black but I feel like my bones and ligaments are working on borrowed time. I got maybe 3 years left of taking a beating like this. My no gi professor who just turned 40 and I see eye to eye on this, cause dudes body fell apart after 40 but he hasn't really told me what "taking it easy" looks like. He's a coach he ain't gotta be in the trenches like I do. When his back starts aching he just stops rolling.

My solution so far has been getting really good at ankle sh**. It stops fights quickly and keeps most people at least cautious. This one dude was trying to kill me last night and I had enough and just heel hooked him. Need to work on setting up wrist locks too. I don't mind being the "dirty player".....mother's milk, everything is on the table as long as it's legal.

1000022085.jpg

Last edited:
I got it a few weeks back in no gi class which was awesome cause very few people do both gi and no gi simultaneously. I get why people quit. One of my training partners ghosted after blue belt.

I want to make it all the way to black but I feel like my bones and ligaments are working on borrowed time. I got maybe 3 years left of taking a beating like this. My no gi professor who just turned 40 and I see eye to eye on this, cause dudes body fell apart after 40 but he hasn't really told me what "taking it easy" looks like. He's a coach he ain't gotta be in the trenches like I do. When his back starts aching he just stops rolling.

My solution so far has been getting really good at ankle sh**. It stops fights quickly and keeps most people at least cautious. This one dude was trying to kill me last night and I had enough and just heel hooked him. Need to work on setting up wrist locks too. I don't mind being the "dirty player".....mother's milk, everything is on the table as long as it's legal.

1000022085.jpg
this you bro?

1726281227154.png

What's up crew? Been a bit...wanted to share my Podium referral link in here in case you're looking for any supplements to support what you're doing. Used to be 10% off for friends/followers but they upped it so 25% to make it actually worthwhile. I'll be real, the preworkout is pretty tame, but they have awesome Whey flavors and I drink the Hydro & Salt every morning before caffeine, and then use the Morning Collagen as coffee creamer. Let me know if you have any questions on any of their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom