STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yea I've also heard purple belt is the toughest belt to get. You're basically a junior black belt perfecting whatever game you're a great at.

On that note I submitted this really good purple belt who is also a judo brown belt this morning. We started doing no gi rounds in the morning class he comes to and he is basically a no gi white/blue belt. I've never seen him so uncomfortable. Got him with an ankle lock and kimura cause I do as much no gi and gi and I know how to move people around without grabbing the lapel.

1000021449.jpg

i don’t know of dude to comment on whatever he has going on…what he said is facts tho; good lighting & a being pumped from a workout can be a dramatic difference from just walking around regular

Good lighting makes a big difference in how people can look in pics.

I think some of these physiques could be attained naturally (not the real freaks obviously), but most people want results in a hurry for the social media and to try and make money. They get on the juice and assume anyone who doesn't have a dad bod is probably juicing too.

You can go back and look at what people could attain naturally before steroids even existed. It's pretty impressive.

I know this topic has come up multiple times but what shoes do yall like to deadlift and squat in. I usually go with socks but I never liked the idea of taking my shoes off at the gym so I’m debating on buying some cheap vans or converse.

I only squat/front squat in Nike Romaleos 2s, 4s, or Savaleos. (I also bench, press, and row in them too.)

I deadlift in hi-top Converse All Stars, Sabo Deadlift 2s, or Notorious Lifters Gen 2s.

Since my legal name is Boobie Miles I have a pair of black Nike running shoes in Lord Gym Bag and so I keep the running shoes, Romales, Lifters, and Chucks on me in the gym at all times. Sometimes I have extra colorways of Romaleos in the trunk.

I own at least 8 pair of Metcons on hand but I only do GPP and (rarely) conditioning in them; they’re mostly for walking around and in/out of the gym in.

YMMV.

if amyone has or is building a home gym, can't beat $38 shipped from Amazon for 2x35lbs bumper plates (70lbs). That's like 55cents a lb

I teach high school health (p.e. version not science version) and spent a class period talking about macros and how high school athletes generally don’t get enough protein and get a lot of their calories from snacking on junk carbs like chips and cheez-its. We made a chart on the board to compare the macros in different popular foods. It’s a great lesson to help kids understand the importance of food as fuel.

Within an hour I received an email from a parent complaining that her son came home and essentially said that everything they have at home is not healthy. She explained that they are a very “fit” household and to demonstrate this she made sure to let me know that she has “done crossfit for 7 years.”

I don’t even know how to respond. :rofl: 🤦‍♂️

bring back OG jack3d

full

Folks was literally OD'ing on Tripl3 OG back in the day, and that was before social media and folks being generally dumber and more out of shape than they are today. Remember, these mfers were literally eating Tide Pods for likes and internet clout a few years ago.

Bringing back original Jack3d would be a slew of lawsuits waiting to happen. Imagine these dumbazzes doing dry scooping 'challenges', 100 pound ladies taking full scoops to do 30 minute glute "workouts" on the Smith machine, dudes the size of Lizzo stacking it with PEDs tryna go Super Saiyan 3 their first day in the gym, etc.

Nah, Jack3d needs to stay extinct lest it racks up more bodies than Killmonger with a Halo 3 overshield.

Back
Top Bottom