STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Damn. I was given about the same timetable as well. Going for a checkup next week. It blows. A man can only work on his glamour muscles for so long. I'll be lookin like Popeye by the end of summer...
mean.gif
Once the doc says you can bear weight on a walking boot, you can head to the gym. Just do light weights and obviously nothing that puts pressure on our foot. If you need to carry weights to the machines or bar, have a friend do it or carry it on the side of your good foot.

Drink lots of calcium and vitamins. Everything helps to get you even a few days better earlier. Try convincing the doc to throw you in a walking boot, this way you can take it off during sleep or shower, that is if your fracture is non-displaced. I had a walking boot and some days I woudnt even wear it cause id be at home all day, of course I didnt walk on it or anything and used the crutches.

^^^work on single leg stuff a little for the side that's not broken. Not crazy heavy but still do some single leg presses, Single Leg Squat or RFE squats on a rolling pad, and maybe some open chain stuff like leg extensions and leg curls. I don't usually use these but if it's just a matter if keeping the legs working while recovering from a foot injury this stuff helps. Makes it easier to bounce back when you can start doing squats deadlifts etc again
This is true. Before you squat or DL again (which shoudnt happen for 3-4 months after anyway), do back extensions and leg workouts that dont require any foot pressure (hamstring extensions, quad raises, etc). The point isnt to build muscle, its to keep the leg somewhat working so when you do squat and DL again it wont be such a shcok to your legs. I worked my lower back but not my legs and the first time I did DL's I did 1 set of 8 reps on 135 and coudnt do another set cause my legs were so tight. 

man i had some epic work outs on craze 
pimp.gif
 dont use pre workout anymore tho. none of them do anything for me.

Last edited:
Check out my ex-gf
@ekin23
 @****nut123
 either one of you guys have any meets planned for the rest of the year? I just mailed my stuff in yesterday for my next one in November. 

I want to do another one so bad, I haven't signed up for one yet. It seems like I'm just dicking around in the gym when I have nothing to train for. Which one have you signfed up for?

bigboss bigboss im looking at worlds in november. But that all depends on the progress of my lifts. Working on my bench right now and after my trip its all about my squat

Check out my ex-gf
I want to do another one so bad, I haven't signed up for one yet. It seems like I'm just dicking around in the gym when I have nothing to train for. Which one have you signfed up for?

Fall Festival of Power here in NC near Raleigh.

bigboss bigboss im looking at worlds in november. But that all depends on the progress of my lifts. Working on my bench right now and after my trip its all about my squat

That's awesome man. What fed is it with and what total do you have to get to qualify?

I gotta get out to Cali sometime and check all y'all boys out. I would love to come train at BBBC and see what its like.

Last edited:
Everyday I walk into the gym is a new personal record that's about to break, 5lbs at a time. It's exciting.

15 more pounds before I crack 200 on the bench.

I hit 245 on the squat today. My groin area feels strained when I'm ascending, part of me feels I need to relax but then I come back 2 days later and I'm doing it again.

belly fat is real thanks to gummy bears and gatorade. i guess i am going do what most people call a cut. :rolleyes anyone got good resources, tips, advice? from what i've read it seems like I should taper down my calories, so I will start at my TDEE and lower it every week. should i still keep 40/40/20 or change it to 40/30/30?

I started my cut a few weeks ago. Lots of fruits, veggies, tuna, chicken, and the like while reducing carbs. Still going hard at the gym. I've gained 5 pounds :lol:

Last edited:
Everyday I walk into the gym is a new personal record that's about to break, 5lbs at a time. It's exciting.

I hit 245 on the squat today. My groin area feels strained when I'm ascending, part of me feels I need to relax but then I come back 2 days later and I'm doing it again.

if u hit 200 on bench before me :x and i've been lifting since jan.

based mod based mod aren't veggies and fruit also carbs? I assume you're talkin about rice and pasta. but yea, are you eating the same amount of protein, or atleast your body weight?

belly fat is real thanks to gummy bears and gatorade. i guess i am going do what most people call a cut. :rolleyes anyone got good resources, tips, advice? from what i've read it seems like I should taper down my calories, so I will start at my TDEE and lower it every week. should i still keep 40/40/20 or change it to 40/30/30?

Personally I lose weight the quickest when I decrease my carbs. I would try to start as high as possible for total calorie intake and do some cardio so you don't have to starve yourself.

Last edited:
Didn't realized I was down 26 from my highest weight of 310 until I went to Doc office earlier this.  Granted it's within a six 6 month span, but it's progress.

Any progress is good progress. Consistency > any program or diet out there.

Went for a push day today, hit chest and shoulders hard, triceps were basically cooked when I did em. Overall, 3 hours at the gym. I get things done faster alone but when you have people with you, everything takes longer. 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Normally I spent about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I dont mind taking my time, of course I have decent rest intervals, but its time inbetween workouts, whether chopping it up with someone for a few, waiting for a bench/machine or zoning out. Not the most efficient but I like being in there.

if u hit 200 on bench before me :x and i've been lifting since jan.

based mod based mod aren't veggies and fruit also carbs? I assume you're talkin about rice and pasta. but yea, are you eating the same amount of protein, or atleast your body weight?

Yes fruits and veggies contains carbs, but overall the total intake in my diet has been reduced. I may just be overeating. Clean'ish bulk? :lol:

Btw, anyone know how to prevent the runs from protein shakes? 
mean.gif

Whenever I dont use shakes for a while and go on it, ill get the runs for everyday I take it for maybe a week til my body gets "used" to it.

Trying to go all natural, but its too expensive and the convenience of a protein shake is priceless.

ive never had the runs from any protein shake? wth are using?

you just might be lactose intolerant for real

you need straight isolate

Back
Top Bottom