STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My brethren.. I'm a law student so i have next to no time to do anything, let alone workout. I say this to emphasize the fact that I cant be traveling to/from the gym so the one in my apt complex must do. Having said that, they only have a full set of dumbbells and some bow flex type machine (in addition to the treadmill, bike, etc.). I would prefer to use the dumbbells and am therefore asking you all to point me in the direction of a decently compete upper body workout with those. Please.

EDIT:
6'1 170 if that makes any difference as to your suggestions.

Last edited:
From 280 back in March, to 215 this morning.

Got 20-25 lbs to go.

The Last Stretch
pimp.gif

Last edited:
you have plenty of options with that range of dumbells. good exercises for upper body: bench press, standing shoulder press, upright rows, bent one arm rows, flys, pullovers as well as exercises for bis and tris. why only upper body though? goblet squats, bulgarian split squats, stiff leg deadlift etc.

My brethren.. I'm a law student so i have next to no time to do anything, let alone workout. I say this to emphasize the fact that I cant be traveling to/from the gym so the one in my apt complex must do. Having said that, they only have a full set of dumbbells and some bow flex type machine (in addition to the treadmill, bike, etc.). I would prefer to use the dumbbells and am therefore asking you all to point me in the direction of a decently compete upper body workout with those. Please.

EDIT:
6'1 170 if that makes any difference as to your suggestions.

https://www.onnit.com/extreme2-kettlebell-cardio-workout-dvd/?pid=277

FINALLY borke down and got a gym membership... no more running, but man swimming is the beez neez :lol: I love it, I feel way more tired than I would if I were just running. Pretty much do strictly core and swimming; I love ab machines. Seriously! I feel like I've been asleep and finally woke up to see the light.

Also, seen probably the BIGGEST dude made of muscle I've ever seen in my life. Didn't wanna take a pic to seem thirsty, but dude was crazy big. Went to the doctor, he said based of the x-ray it's nothing that will require surgery but I should still hold off on running for at least another week.

Thanks for talking some sense into my IronMan, for real. Swimming doesn't hurt my knee AT.ALL and I'm just glad I'm back active again :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

GatorBelts, what gym did you end up at? I've been going to the 24 Hour Fitness gyms at Royal & 75 and Mockingbird & Greenville...some of the dudes in there are unbelievable superhero movie villain status.

Last edited:
I killed my tri n shoulder workout. I no longer do traps on this day. I moved traps to chest day for the past 2 weeks and love it. Get to focus more on delts and tri's .

Tryna get my bench up this bulk season. I think I might have 2 chest days.

Here's my problem.

I want to get my flat bench up. So I'm going to do it twice a week. But I also want to do dumbbell flat bench cuz it builds chest better IMO.

Maybe one day low weight high volume other day heavy low volume.

N yes I do incline n dips

Should I do flat barbell and flat dumbbell on same workout? I do incline 2nd no matter what.

Last edited:
Started to get back into things by attempting a mile run today..

One of my wisdom teeth spots started bleeding.. Minor but enough to let me know I still need to sit out for awhile. Should be cool by Monday cause it was just 2-3 spits of blood.

Looking to gain mass + definition, was using an app before but it seems like one of you guys may already have a legit workout.

165 lbs, 5'11.

Sidenote: Why is there not a site where you can input characteristics and what you're looking for and every day it generates a new workout of the day for you? BRB copyright.

Looking to gain mass + definition, was using an app before but it seems like one of you guys may already have a legit workout.
No excuses. I would try a PPL, push/pul/legs in any order that works best for you.

Read this thread and surf BB forums in general to find more info.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833&page=1
Should I do flat barbell and flat dumbbell on same workout? I do incline 2nd no matter what.
Should you? Thats totally up to you bro, can you? Hell yeah it definitely wont hurt you. Thats the beauty of this lifestyle you can do whatever the hell you want!! Just do whatever makes you happy, **** the haters.

Got a good session in at the hotel gym. Freeze I feel you on going to different places and checkin out the gyms. This one in chi town is straight. No crowd, good equipment and a great view of the city.

Another week in the books. We finally got some Tendo units in and used em on bench to really measure the velocity of each rep on my dynamic sets. They also get u competing with others ur working with. Also used chains on my heavy day for bench. Started snatching this phase and now I'm determined to get 225 lol. Y'all have a good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom