STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Idk the technical definition, but deload for me is me doing 60% of my usual working weight for a week.

Gets me rested, but I don't have to take a week off from the gym. I'm going to start doing it every 3 months.

Got rid of a lot of snap action in my shoulders, and wrist.

Google skills are lacking.
at work, damn near everything I search gets filtered, but niketalk is safe somehow, figured it'd be easier to just ask.

eyes.gif

Idk the technical definition, but deload for me is me doing 60% of my usual working weight for a week.

Gets me rested, but I don't have to take a week off from the gym. I'm going to start doing it every 3 months.

Got rid of a lot of snap action in my shoulders, and wrist.
Basically a week where u lower the intensity and volume in your lifting routine.
I see..

I was hoping it had something to do with a diet
laugh.gif

I've read mixed things about having a cheat meal once every two weeks to spike your metabolism.

Iono,  thanks for the info fellas.

i usually deload every 2 months, its been 3 months since my last one and my body feels fine. will probably take one next week

i hit 135 for 5 reps last week on the OHP...feels good man

Anybody looked into the Fitbit Force bracelet? supposedly a challenger to the Fuelband.  Also tracks your sleep and quality of sleep (don't know how) and wakes you up with a slight vibration.  Apparently a software update is in the works where you'll be able to receive calls on it via bluetooth 4.0. 

looks interested and less bulky than the Fuelband but none of these things do a damn thing.

id wear on in the gym if i got it for free tho

the amiigo band will be the truth in terms of fitness tracking if it can deliver on 1/10th of its promises and finish production. check it out.

No band or anything like will ever be accurate in telling you how many calories you burn. 

awesome leg day. put up 405 on the squat, 2 sets at 6 reps, assisted on the last two in the 2nd set. Did my other leg stuff, then finished with standing calf raise machine. pyramided up to 395. managed that for 3 sets of 8-9. been cooking my legs twice a week, I'm taking away all options for them, they'll have no choice but to grow.

I notice at the gym people are using those work gloves with the grip on entire palm.. anyone here use Work gloves with the grip on it to workout with weights instead of workout gloves? If So how are they??

Didntgo to the gym after this damb dodger game deflated me :smh:

Today's an offday anyway, but since ill be at game 3&4 I wanted to get the three days in before Monday, ill hit push and pull manana :pimp:

guys,

i want to start Bill Starr's 5x5 workout Monday morning. supposed to me really good for increasing strength and whatnot. anyway, i downloaded the excel sheet for the program and let's say my 5 rep bench max is 170 lbs. is it correct that it's saying that my bench reps should be 5x95, 5x110, 5x125, 5x145, and 5x160 on the first day? i feel like i should be doing 5x170 for the last set on the first day since it's my 5 rep max. instead, i'm not doing 5x170 until the 4th week and by the 9th week i'm doing 5x197.

don't know if anyone knows what i'm talking about, but hopefully someone does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom