STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've heard good things about C4, been thinking thats what Im switch to. anyone have a recomendiation on flavor to get?

I have not had a flavor I dont like. I've had apple, blue raz, and strawberry. I've also heard good things about fruit punch.

Haven't been to the the gym in over a week due to a wedding trip...read thru this thread for some motivation. Ready to hit it tonight :pimp:

Anyone else experience drops in squat and deadlift really easily? :smh: My max weight for 5 reps dropped by 5 pounds after only a week of not going to the gym :x

Anyone else experience drops in squat and deadlift really easily? :smh: My max weight for 5 reps dropped by 5 pounds after only a week of not going to the gym :x

Yes.

But I often wonder how much of it is a mental placebo effect (for myself at least). :rolleyes

Yes.

But I often wonder how much of it is a mental placebo effect (for myself at least).
eyes.gif
A lot of it is mental. If you're pumped and have the mindset that you're gonna push some heavy weight, you'll be a lot more likely to than if you're dragging *** in the gym. 

Yes.

But I often wonder how much of it is a mental placebo effect (for myself at least). :rolleyes

A lot of it is mental. If you're pumped and have the mindset that you're gonna push some heavy weight, you'll be a lot more likely to than if you're dragging *** in the gym. 

'those that say they can, and those that say they can't, are both right.'

- Henry Ford

With that said, leg day. Last one was on saturday, I'm feeling good. This twice a week action has be so great for my growth and development.

Looking for a decent multi. Anyone take GNC Mega Men? What's the difference between the reg one and "Sport?"

Last edited:
Repped. How much do you weigh? What kind of training do you do, Im guessing strength lol People lift for years and never hit 3 plates much less 4:nthat:  

I'm 6'5" and weigh 250. My training is usually 5 sets each exercise and 6-10 reps for each set. I try to train like a mix between a football player and bodybuilder since that's the look I ultimately want.

Also, I've been doing a lot of decline lately and have seen some solid gains from it, word to the Hodge Twins.

Appreciate the love everyone.

Repped. How much do you weigh? What kind of training do you do, Im guessing strength lol People lift for years and never hit 3 plates much less 4:nthat:  

I'm 6'5" and weigh 250. My training is usually 5 sets each exercise and 6-10 reps for each set. I try to train like a mix between a football player and bodybuilder since that's the look I ultimately want.

Also, I've been doing a lot of decline lately and have seen some solid gains from it, word to the Hodge Twins.

Appreciate the love everyone.

my exact mindstate when I'm in the gym too.

Huge in a Hurry by Chad Waterbury came out in like 08/09 is what I'm doin right now. I like it.
Current fave pre workout is MTS Clash.

I wish generation iron played somewhere less than an hour away from me... :smh:

I'll just wait for it to hit dvd :evil:

Anyone else experience drops in squat and deadlift really easily?
mean.gif
My max weight for 5 reps dropped by 5 pounds after only a week of not going to the gym
sick.gif
Personally no. Honestly a week off should do the opposite for you. Try to take longer rest in between sets that might help you out. If you are adding weight each exercise and making progress then just stick with it and you will make it. 

Last edited:
:lol:

feelsbatman

Yo, what is the exact PURPOSE for a pre-workout?

For me, its the caffeine and beta alanine.

Caffeine for obvious reasons.

beta alanine for the tingle.

A lot of the other stuff in it is a placebo effect IMO.

I stopped taking pre workout because the cost. I just use instant coffee now that i have more financial obligations. $7 for 60 servings is way better than $30+ :lol:

i dont see why im not using creatine

Freeze, hit me with a brand?

or anyone, really

I read this on boxden a little big ago. Was wondering what some of you bodybuilding dudes thought about it. Especially the "foundation" logic.

Kai gonna get #3 next year if Dennis Wolfe keeps improving

Ramy will never go anywhere. He has no foundation, like Heath.

Heath can't get any bigger and leaner at the same time neither can Ramy. They both started their careers on drugs and not building a foundation like a Ronnie Coleman. They can't get bigger without sacrificing conditioning and they can't get leaner without sacrificing size cause their musculature isn't mature.

Heath will keep winning for a bit though. His muscles are very round, comes in with great conditioning and has politics on his side aswell. Where as Kai has size and conditioning to match Heath, his physique is pretty !!ing blocky and looks bad. He just doesn't have the genetics (nor politics) on his side. Kai is always gonna be the people's champ though and will be successful even after he retires.

Shawn Rhoden IMO is the only one who can beat Phil one day. HE came in 4th this year

sooooo you do it for energy? Like, I'm still not getting it... does it make you lift more? Guess I'm asking cuz I don't do pre-workouts but then again my workouts don't deal with "weight" training.

For me, its the caffeine and beta alanine.

Caffeine for obvious reasons.

beta alanine for the tingle.

A lot of the other stuff in it is a placebo effect IMO.

I stopped taking pre workout because the cost. I just use instant coffee now that i have more financial obligations. $7 for 60 servings is way better than $30+ :lol:

what do you enjoy about the tingle? i hate that feeling.

The only thing I hate about the start of this time of year is the damn allergies. Doesn't matter if I get a full night's sleep my eyes always feel tired and itchy in the morning. Felt weak as hell on chest day. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom