STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

September 1st means its time for me to get back on this cut! No more lolly gagging 200 lbs is my goal and imma get there!! Fall is here boys now it's time to get back in there and bust it for next spring/summer.
I gained 13lbs this week, got comfortable and stopped counting calories and had like all cheat days because I guess I was feeling good getting to a long time low, plus kept having women over and drinking. :x

No need to fiddle with your ratios. Eat more calories - 500 above maintenance. Pretty simple.
Looks really gross.
Ya. Tangential point, but speed isn't necessarily a bad thing. Controlled doesn't have to be slow
Really does. Looks like Barney and coffee ice cream wrestling.

Last edited:
I gained 13lbs this week, got comfortable and stopped counting calories and had like all cheat days because I guess I was feeling good getting to a long time low, plus kept having women over and drinking. :x

About 10-8 of that is water weight.

And as a 6'3 200lb + 24 yr old man eating 4-5k calories is easy as heck just not cheap or dependingn how you do it not healthy if you eat any ol thing.

I know when I bulk that is going to be EXPENSIVE

Last edited:
I don't rock with that it's just water ****. It's still hella discouraging. Back on my grind I guess. I only work out at home because I'm too fat to be in the gym yet :lol:

Last edited:
I don't rock with that it's just water ****. It's still hella discouraging. Back on my grind I guess. I only work out at home because I'm too fat to be in the gym yet :lol:

Eat at a deficit and work out and I promise in like 3 days you lose like 6-10 lbs

I don't rock with that it's just water ****. It's still hella discouraging. Back on my grind I guess. I only work out at home because I'm too fat to be in the gym yet
laugh.gif
Man, forget everybody else in he gym. Anybody at the gym is there to get or stay in shape. Fat or not, take yourself to the gym and workout as hard as you can and eat well.

Man, forget everybody else in he gym. Anybody at the gym is there to get or stay in shape. Fat or not, take yourself to the gym and workout as hard as you can and eat well.

Word no one is there to judge really and even the guys who are in tremendous shape probably weren't always that way.

Exactly. I used to be so self-conscious at the gym when i first started. Now i go in there, do my crazy workouts, hoop, and leave. Dont care what anybody thinks. 

Over time youll get used to it if you just stick with it. Honestly now, i use the other people at the gym as motivation for me to work harder. Especially when i see bigger people going hard, that makes me feel good and workout harder too. 

What is this eating "clean" thing everyone speaks of? I was always a firm believer that all one has to do to lose fat/build muscle is to eat in a calorie deficit/surplus, lift weights to build maintain muscle, & get enough protein & fats depending on your body specific requirements. I couldn't restrict my diet to these so called "clean" foods.

What is this eating "clean" thing everyone speaks of? I was always a firm believer that all one has to do to lose fat/build muscle is to eat in a calorie deficit/surplus, lift weights to build maintain muscle, & get enough protein & fats depending on your body specific requirements. I couldn't restrict my diet to these so called "clean" foods.
LOL death by chicken breast, tilapia and steamed broccoli.
sick.gif
 i did that for 6 months, never going back. 

IIFYM is the way to go for EVERYBODY, weather you're trying to lose, or gain weight. 

http://iifym.com/what-is-iifym/

LOL death by chicken breast, tilapia and steamed broccoli.
sick.gif

i did that for 6 months, never going back. 

IIFYM is the way to go for EVERYBODY, weather you're trying to lose, or gain weight. 

http://iifym.com/what-is-iifym/

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE chicken breast, tilapia & other lean meats. I just don't see the reason to be restricted to only "bro" foods. If I can fit a Brown Sugar Cinnamon PopTart or some White Bread into my macros then I'm gonna do it.

I look at all nutrients... to me eating clean isn't just about fat and protein and calories, but sugar , sodium, cholesterol, etc. Also what other important vitamins and nutrients you need.

I take care of whole body, not just the aesthetics. That's what clean eating is to me. I honestly think that's what real bodybuilding is, it's not just about looking good but really watching what you put in your body. You can eat a caloric deficit everyday, doesn't mean you are necessarily eating clean and are doing your body a true service.

and IIFYM really isn't much different (I think) from what people who eat clean do, anyway. Yea, you cheat... but it's once in a blue moon. IIFYM still doesn't suggest you eat a whole lot of fast/junk food. JUST that if you do, make you sure you don't go over your caloric intake. If you know you gonna go ham at a bbq give yourself the room in your calories to do so.....

Like I said, it's about the body in the long run. No one should allow justification for eating a lot of processed foods, period.

Last edited:
Exactly. I used to be so self-conscious at the gym when i first started. Now i go in there, do my crazy workouts, hoop, and leave. Dont care what anybody thinks. 
Over time youll get used to it if you just stick with it. Honestly now, i use the other people at the gym as motivation for me to work harder. Especially when i see bigger people going hard, that makes me feel good and workout harder too. 
Nah I could give a **** about strangers. It's just I grew up in that gym and don't want nobody to see me like this; I'm not going back til I can be back at pre-weight gain levels with the basketball and size, probably 45lbs from it now. I haven't dunked in like 5 yrs

Best thing to get from Chipotle?? Highest pros, lowest carbs? Ive never been but I hear too many good things about it

^

go to their website... their have an interactive nutritional menu, so you can click what you want and it'll tally up everything for you. You can mess around with the combo of foods etc. So clutch.

I look at all nutrients... to me eating clean isn't just about fat and protein and calories, but sugar , sodium, cholesterol, etc. Also what other important vitamins and nutrients you need.

I take care of whole body, not just the aesthetics. That's what clean eating is to me. I honestly think that's what real bodybuilding is, it's not just about looking good but really watching what you put in your body. You can eat a caloric deficit everyday, doesn't mean you are necessarily eating clean and are doing your body a true service.

and IIFYM really isn't much different (I think) from what people who eat clean do, anyway. Yea, you cheat... but it's once in a blue moon. IIFYM still doesn't suggest you eat a whole lot of fast/junk food. JUST that if you do, make you sure you don't go over your caloric intake. If you know you gonna go ham at a bbq give yourself the room in your calories to do so.....

Like I said, it's about the body in the long run. No one should allow justification for eating a lot of processed foods, period.
Great point. Its about what you put in your body for the long run. Thats what i always tell people when they ask why I'm so anal about my diet.
laugh.gif

and yeah with iifym, you learn to not hate food that isn't "clean". that doesnt mean to eat ice cream all day, but you can have a bowl here and there and not feel guilty and terrible.
Nah I could give a **** about strangers. It's just I grew up in that gym and don't want nobody to see me like this; I'm not going back til I can be back at pre-weight gain levels with the basketball and size, probably 45lbs from it now. I haven't dunked in like 5 yrs
I feel you man. I havent been playing ball lately alot. I wanna get in full shape and get back on the court and kill. people always asking why i stopped hooping.

Wow thanks for the fast responses guys! Much love. I'll def be checking the site out and building my own personal Frankenstein of protein and fat. Good thing is we have quite a few spots in the area, so I'm hoping the wait isn't too long!

Back
Top Bottom