STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So bros, I've cleaned up my diet, but still consuming fruits, along with lots of lean proteins and veggies, this has been my breakdown for this week, I just wanna build on some lean muscle mass...how should I change things up...not trying to lose weight...but it might be inevitable....majority of my carb intake is from natural sugars from fruits...stopped drinking juices and using sweeteners...no bread and only a cup of brown rice on occasions.

Last edited:
I've always been told to move weight in a slow, steady, controlled fashion. Then I see dudes like this with horrible form, rocking and jerking weight. What gives? This is one thing I've never understood.

I don't see what you're seeing. Looks pretty controlled and not jerky.

So bros, I've cleaned up my diet, but still consuming fruits, along with lots of lean proteins and veggies, this has been my breakdown for this week, I just wanna build on some lean muscle mass...how should I change things up...not trying to lose weight...but it might be inevitable....majority of my carb intake is from natural sugars from fruits...stopped drinking juices and using sweeteners...no bread and only a cup of brown rice on occasions.
Stop the cross fit mess and hit the gym and lift heavy and eat heavy but clean. Your cross fit training is good for endurance training(still don't like the idea of it), but lifting heavy and eating clean and heavy will get you good lean muscle. You look pretty small so all that endurance training isn't gonna help you get more lean muscle.

Last edited:
Bro, you lift in Crossfit...lol

The only difference is you don't attack muscle groups individually...

There's virtually no ROM in his pulls. He's damn near vertical in his BB rows, almost shrugs. His entire torso is moving during his mid rows like he's actually rowing a boat.

Now compare it to this:

[

Last edited:
im 28. 5'8. 177lbs.

ive been bulking the past 3-4 months. i think ive added around 10 lbs, but i have some serious bad weight in my midsection. and the days that i bloat....maaaan. but im happy with how my upper body and lower body is looking though. my girl wont stop telling me how good my *** looks(dem squats bro). anyways, i need to slim my gut down some cause i have a wedding to attend in october and i plan on rocking a slim fitting suit.

i plan on eating a little more clean and adding some cardio into the mix. will this be enough to see a difference in little over a month? i dont necessarily want to stop bulking until at least my program is done, which should be over in 2-3 weeks. i just dont want to rock a slim suit and my gut is making an attempt to hang over my belt...size 32 pants in the past now....

ill accept any input. im still a newb. this year is the first time ive stayed dedicated to the gym.

This is my plight, similar specs. I see more muscle growth than fat in the midsection. I only saw it cutting when I focused on it but didn't worry about the muscle. Ironically people think i'm gettting big. Because it's such a pain point I say focus on cutting the fat, you know the drill, eat clean, less calories, lift weights and cardio. All it is. I can always pick up the bulking next year, but damn am I envious sometimes.

There's virtually no ROM in his pulls. He's damn near vertical in his BB rows, almost shrugs. His entire torso is moving during his mid rows like he's actually rowing a boat.

Now compare it to this:

[

Look at the weight though. After a while you adjust and do what you have to do to move that weight within a safe pace and rom. At that stage and experience he knows what his body can handle. It's like dudes complaining the guy squatting 1000lb and not going full parallel or atg...uhhh you try it. I don't think that negates his strength.

Last edited:
Look at the weight though. After a while you adjust and do what you have to do to move that weight within a safe pace and rom. At that stage and experience he knows what his body can handle. It's like dudes complaining the guy squatting 1000lb and not going full parallel or atg...uhhh you try it. I don't think that negates his strength.

Wasn't knocking him at all. It obviously works for him. I was curious about the importance of form, rom vs. resistance.

My current plan, but not sure what to do for 5th day with my back

Monday: Chest/Back/Abs/Cardio

Tuesday: Cardio

Wed: Shoulder/Arms/Abs/Cardio

Thursday: Cardio or Rest

Friday: Back/Abs/Cardio

Saturday: Legs(HEAVY)

Sunday: Rest

Wasn't knocking him at all. It obviously works for him. I was curious about the importance of form, rom vs. resistance.
it works for everyone still, form is extremely important to build that muscle memory so when you start going heavy on lifts, your form is second nature

rocking and using momentum is actually not changing form

if you notice in the video, chris' elbows are in the perfect position for every lift, in every exercise, he pulls the weight to the exact same spot on his body every time, he doesnt deviate from the optimal muscle mechanics, but he does cheat by rocking, but thats how you lift heavier, get a better pump, and progress

My current plan, but not sure what to do for 5th day with my back

Monday: Chest/Back/Abs/Cardio

Tuesday: Cardio

Wed: Shoulder/Arms/Abs/Cardio

Thursday: Cardio or Rest

Friday: Back/Abs/Cardio

Saturday: Legs(HEAVY)

Sunday: Rest

How do you find the energy to train chest and back on the same day?

Do you go extra heavy with less volume, or more volume with a more moderate weight?

Last edited:
How do you find the energy to train chest and back on the same day?

Do you go extra heavy with less volume, or more volume with a more moderate weight?
Very Heavy, 4 sets: 8 reps.

My chest days is mostly push ups + Bench and Flyes.

Last edited:
just finished delts, cant lie, delts are worse than leg days if done right, you cannot do anything without activating your delts

Damn this 3 day weekend + starting up of football is gonna be the death of me.

Moderation is key brahs but easier said then done.

it works for everyone still, form is extremely important to build that muscle memory so when you start going heavy on lifts, your form is second nature

if you notice in the video, chris' elbows are in the perfect position for every lift, in every exercise, he pulls the weight to the exact same spot on his body every time, he doesnt deviate from the optimal muscle mechanics, but he does cheat by rocking, but thats how you lift heavier, get a better pump, and progress

How is rocking and using momentum not changing form????

Theres so much i disagree with in that video and some of these posts. Ill get to them in a bit.

Scott Herman or whatever is a joke. Form is a touchy subject but the weight and physiques do the talking.

Scott Herman or whatever is a joke. Form is a touchy subject but the weight and physiques do the talking.

Weight is a touchy subject if form is questionable but it works for him. That form wouldn't work for everyone.
And Scott Herman is a good guy to follow for form. I mean yea he's done some questionable things for $$$ like others have. But his YouTube channel is a good one.

How is rocking and using momentum not changing form????

Theres so much i disagree with in that video and some of these posts. Ill get to them in a bit.
i explained that in the latter part of my post bro

Back
Top Bottom