STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I always remember its not about how many times you quit but how many times you get back up to try again. Since posting in this thread, I've started/stopped working out about 4-5times. The last time I quit was roughly 4mths ago, got into a car accident after going to the gym faithfully for 30-40days and eating right. Not having a car put a stop to that and got me unmotivated again. Well, started back up about 10days ago, working out everyday and eating healthy. And today is my 3rd day on a 60day fast of nothing but juicing/water. Not craving anything in particular, I know my energy is much higher. Oh I also quit smoking kush 3days ago as well, not sure if that will be for 60days or longer but I'm quitting for at least 60day on smoking. Any good vegetable/fruit combinations of juices would be appreciated. Overall I'm glad to be back in this thread with a purpose. Lost about 20lbs last time I was at it, but my goal is 100lb. Wish me luck NT

The struggle is too real.

HAHA U GUYS DONT WANNA KNOW ON DOUGH I DROPPED FOR SUPPS TO LAST ME UNTIL MY NYE TRIP.

I PICKED THE GYM BAG THEY OFFERED.

I USUALLY JUST DONATE TO DA BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION BUT I NEEDED A NEW GYM BAG

i hope you just bought some whey and creatine

otherwise everything else is a waste

thats just my opinion

I always remember its not about how many times you quit but how many times you get back up to try again. Since posting in this thread, I've started/stopped working out about 4-5times. The last time I quit was roughly 4mths ago, got into a car accident after going to the gym faithfully for 30-40days and eating right. Not having a car put a stop to that and got me unmotivated again. Well, started back up about 10days ago, working out everyday and eating healthy. And today is my 3rd day on a 60day fast of nothing but juicing/water. Not craving anything in particular, I know my energy is much higher. Oh I also quit smoking kush 3days ago as well, not sure if that will be for 60days or longer but I'm quitting for at least 60day on smoking. Any good vegetable/fruit combinations of juices would be appreciated. Overall I'm glad to be back in this thread with a purpose. Lost about 20lbs last time I was at it, but my goal is 100lb. Wish me luck NT

60 day fast?

come on bro, that just insane. no need to do that crap.

just cut calories, eat clean, and lift

Last edited:
Hurt my lower left side of my back doing squats today at 220. I was squatting fine on Monday 220lbs but not today.

I warmed up with 135 1x5. Then loaded up 220Ibs. Was gonna do a set of 5 was only able to do 3. The 3rd rep I hurt my back. Heard a sound when the pain happened. Crack sound i think, it happened pretty fast.

I can kinda feel the pain when walking. But sitting down I'm good.

This happened before 2 years ago, 2011, with 225lbs. I went to the hospital and was teary eyed pretty DAMN painful. I posted it about this in the old thread if anybody remembers.

I just started squatting again this year in February at 115lbs. Got my way up to 220. Maybe I hurt my back because of my bad posture when i sit and all the heavy boxes carrying at work a lot

Last edited:
This preworkout was weak as hell, once again proving my point these are a waste of money, I'm not complaining though it was only 8 bucks for 45 servings. Also used straps for the first time today for DL, kinda awkward but it wasnt bad, I`m not about that having bloody hands in the gym life.

What kind of sweats are those?

im 28. 5'8. 177lbs.

ive been bulking the past 3-4 months. i think ive added around 10 lbs, but i have some serious bad weight in my midsection. and the days that i bloat....maaaan. but im happy with how my upper body and lower body is looking though. my girl wont stop telling me how good my *** looks(dem squats bro). anyways, i need to slim my gut down some cause i have a wedding to attend in october and i plan on rocking a slim fitting suit.

i plan on eating a little more clean and adding some cardio into the mix. will this be enough to see a difference in little over a month? i dont necessarily want to stop bulking until at least my program is done, which should be over in 2-3 weeks. i just dont want to rock a slim suit and my gut is making an attempt to hang over my belt...size 32 pants in the past now....

ill accept any input. im still a newb. this year is the first time ive stayed dedicated to the gym.

60 day fast?

come on bro, that just insane. no need to do that crap.

just cut calories, eat clean, and lift
not really insane, watched a very informational documentary on juicing. When I saw a guy who was at least 100+lbs more than me do it, it motivated me to take a shot at it. Not sure If I will succeed, but Im striving.

I will eat clean whether its after the 60days, or I dont accomplish my goal. Dont lift really, just doing hiking/jogging/speed walking. Will throw some Insanity/P90X on there after about 15-20days. Appreciate your reply

I can't, in good consciousness, recommend this as "healthy" or even a good way to improve body composition. Of course it is your decision, but I will tell you that will run into some big problems, especially if you combine it with weight training. Protein wasting, excessive sugar consumption, and nutrient deficiencies are a certainty with your plan. You may lose weight, but that weight will almost certainly include a significant amount of muscle mass. You may feel alright now, but you will not feel so good when you encounter muscle wasting, nutrient deficiencies, and insulin insensitivity further into this "cleanse".

Personally, I would recommend a paleo/primal diet, which would not run into the aforementioned problems.

those padded straps are ****.

the padding ends up ripping off the strap.

i only use straps for heavy shrugs, and rack pulls, but i prefer the padded-less ones.

those padded straps are ****.

the padding ends up ripping off the strap.

i only use straps for heavy shrugs, and rack pulls, but i prefer the padded-less ones.

Oh those are pads? Damb I can't mess w them bc I like to feel the bar (teehee).

My wrist is still firing when I lift idk bros.

Any one try hooks I use them for heavy lifts but again I just feel weird without my hand touch firmly on da metal rod

Back
Top Bottom