STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol I never put my legs up while benching and never would. I figured without leg drive then the purpose would be to just use more chest. Idk I never tried, I think I asked someone once and that's what they've told me.

I'm sick and tired of waiting for an ON deal to jump off. Where can I cop some at a decent price y'all? I need vanilla (best to mix with fruits) & chocolate. Thinking about pulling the plug on Amazon, but still hopeful.

:lol: eBay brosef

that's what I was taught as well....feet off the ground would almost be a disadvantage (IMO) due to not having optimal balance OR power.
Correct, I have my Masters in bench and PHD in squat and I would never recommend someone to do any pressing movement without proper balance.

This is what i have heard. Feet up basically means you are working your core more since you can't use your feet for stabilization. But never heard it isolates your chest more....that doesn't' sound true to me just from a mechanical standpoint.

Finally got 405lb deadlift off the ground....i don't' 'know if i would call it a rep lol. I got it up locked it out and on the way down my grip gave right under my knees....so like left side hit and then right side came down...got some awkward looks but there wasn't many people there at 3pm on a saturday.

I am going to probably get some straps after holding out for so long.

This is what i have heard. Feet up basically means you are working your core more since you can't use your feet for stabilization. But never heard it isolates your chest more....that doesn't' sound true to me just from a mechanical standpoint.

Finally got 405lb deadlift off the ground....i don't' 'know if i would call it a rep lol. I got it up locked it out and on the way down my grip gave right under my knees....so like left side hit and then right side came down...got some awkward looks but there wasn't many people there at 3pm on a saturday.

I am going to probably get some straps after holding out for so long.

I assume u were using chalk?

I used to be anti-straps, but once you get to the higher weights, your grip becomes too much of a factor.

After 2 weeks of terrible leg days due to injuries, and such, I finally hit my legs super hard today. I was limping out the gym :pimp:.

Did 9 sets of Squats, followed by 7 sets of SLDLs within a half hour. Idk why I was so angry today.

Also, anybody else in here use knee wraps?

I used mine today because I'm up to 630 on leg press, and I don't want to damage my joints.

There's nothing wrong with using straps to deadlift. However, do not use them until your natural grip gives out.

There's nothing wrong with using straps to deadlift. However, do not use them until your natural grip gives out.

Saw a dude in the gym on Saturday all geared up...rocking a belt and straps and walking around like he owned the place. Then he used the straps to BB shrug 225 3 times. I laughed to myself. Sorry...had a gym elitist moment, but I couldn't help it.

Exactly, unless you plan on competing in a federation where they do not allow straps then do whatever helps you progress without sacrificing form.

Did legs today and it felt GREAT. Getting used to these romaleos and trying to rehab my knee at the same damn time.

Saw a dude in the gym on Saturday all geared up...rocking a belt and straps and walking around like he owned the place. Then he used the straps to BB shrug 225 3 times. I laughed to myself. Sorry...had a gym elitist moment, but I couldn't help it.

I use straps on BB shrugs too. I usually do shrugs at the end of my back days and my then my hands are too wrecked.

i feel db shrugs are much better than bb.... i feel a much better contraction
bad thing is the db at my gym only go up to 120, ive been stuck using those for a while now without improving on the weight

I was having an issue with my cable crunch yesterday. I was able to do 130 without my abs failing, but I keep losing my grip on the rope. Does anyone else have that problem? I was thinking out switching attachments or buying gloves, but Idk if that will help. 

Robert Horry was doing some very light shoulder exercises, maybe rehabbing an injury. I then saw him just sitting in the locker room watching TV lol

Seems to be a good amount of Houston folks in here. Anyways just got done with my hydrostatic weigh in at the Memorial Hermann Ironman institute in the medical center. Results are in, time for that cut brahs.

From the Lil Wayne concert the other day. After like 3.5 hrs of straight cardio

Last edited:
Seems to be a good amount of Houston folks in here. Anyways just got done with my hydrostatic weigh in at the Memorial Hermann Ironman institute in the medical center. Results are in, time for that cut brahs.

Houston born and raised.

How much was it? I'm interested.

Back
Top Bottom