STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Total of 23lbs lost. Retiring some jeans and tees. CLOTHES SHOPPING !!!

Question: I'm starting to notice stretch marks more visibly on my biceps, I mean there's noticeable growth but these little wormy things are making feel a little self conscious . What do you guys use for stretch marks? I've been told to invest in some coco butter or even some Shea butter, but I'm not sure if it will even work.

Thanks in advance,
shea butter doesnt really work

cocoa butter works bro, ive used this and it works very well, of course you know lighting conditions play a big role in being able to identify skin blemishes, but in some lights, its hardly noticeable, you have to apply religiously like everyday for the rest of your life tho (srs)

Shea butter does work... Better than cocoa IMO

You have to get the real stuff tho... Go to a health beauty store... African Shea butter

Last edited:
RANDOM IDEA:

tons of guys on here gain weight and lose weight... but what about our old clothes?

want to start a clothing exchange of some sort? me for example, I cut down 35 pounds and have about 8 pairs of 38/30 Levi's and 12 XXL Ralph Lauren Polo's in my closet that I would love to send to a member of this thread... I am sure there are guys who bulked up who have clothes too small, or guys who cut down like me...

what do you guys think?

damn, mirin brah

how tall are you? might have to start using the jump boxes and hitting legs. Had stopped hitting legs because of my groin strain and back problems but screw it :lol:

Finally got back to repping with 4 plates on box squats and this is the result..

Jealous. I haven't dunked in like 5 yrs. I just now got back to hittin' 9'6 on my driveway goal and am excited about that. :rolleyes 6 more inches to dunking, another 12 or so to get back to ~2004 athleticism levels

damn, mirin brah

how tall are you? might have to start using the jump boxes and hitting legs. Had stopped hitting legs because of my groin strain and back problems but screw it :lol:

6' on a good day. Ya I love box squats. I feel like they hit the fast twitch fibers moreso than reg squats. I'm going just a hair above parallel. Helps my jumpers knee too not going *** to the grass on reg squats. Hoping to really Paul George someone in a CPA league this fall :lol: looking very doable right now

I wish my gym had the stuff for box squats.

Officially in the 300lb bench club, feels good. I'm coming for you 3 plates. 

i would actually want to be more ripped than he is, i have a feeling hes flexing his abs to the max and he is shiny, under normal conditions hes probably not that impressive, he has more of a muscular-strong physique

No homo but my dream physique is Adrian Peterson.

My ideal physique and most similar is Cristiano Ronaldo due to not having extra muscles genes from my family. Andddddd I don't wanna go on a epic bulk because Im fine with a lean, skinny but muscular body.

Adrian Peterson ain't human. Dude got muscles coming outta his ears. That's motivation though.

Taking today off. Gonna put some ice on my knees and ankles. This week has taken a toll. Foam roll as well. Want to check out the new gym locally, hopefully they have a box jump setup. Get my hops back up to where they were last summer when I was still at LA Fitness.

That 3 plate feel. :smokin

How much you reppin with 300?

Had to take two weeks off and just got back in the gym today. Lost a lot of progress but feeling back healthy again and ready to make some summer gains. Lifted with a friend of mine today but he isn't motivated like I am. Really miss havin a good training partner :-/

Stayin hungry is half the battle

That 3 plate feel.
smokin.gif

How much you reppin with 300?
It was just a 1rm, its gonna be awhile before I can rep it. I've mainly just been doing a 5x5 on bench and then throwing in some singles and doubles. 

I'm about to start a brief 1-2 month cut on Tuesday. I'll be eating around 200 calories under maintenance.

I usually do 5x15 on standing calf presses at the beginning of the week, and 5x15 on seated calf presses at the end of the week. I know I can't build muscle while in a caloric deficit, but I'm not sure how to go about my volume.

On my major compounds, I'm doing 4x5-6 to build strength, but I'm not sure about my accessory work like triceps pulldown, and such.

Any tips?

Great back demolition day. Lots of weighted pull ups with different grips, rows and heavy deadlifts. Finished the work out with some shoulders.

How much weight you using on the calf raises gutta? I actually got for just the typical 8-10 reps on them. I worked the hell out of them on friday after the initial leg work. Just kept going higher and higher while maintaining that rep range. Ended up doing 6-7 sets until I ended at 355. Each set was superset with the fibula machine with 60 on it. I didnt do seated tho.

That's what you think, but you can just grab a moveable bench and put it behind you on the squat rack (assuming it's not a full cage). If you want to adjustt height, just throw a plate or two on the top. Problem solved.

Had to take two weeks off and just got back in the gym today. Lost a lot of progress but feeling back healthy again and ready to make some summer gains. Lifted with a friend of mine today but he isn't motivated like I am. Really miss havin a good training partner :-/

Stayin hungry is half the battle
I sincerely doubt you loss much progress being out of the gym for a couple weeks. Sure you may be momentarily weak, but you generally regain that "lost" strength real quick. Two weeks is nothing. You'll be fine.

I'm about to start a brief 1-2 month cut on Tuesday. I'll be eating around 200 calories under maintenance.

I usually do 5x15 on standing calf presses at the beginning of the week, and 5x15 on seated calf presses at the end of the week. I know I can't build muscle while in a caloric deficit, but I'm not sure how to go about my volume.

On my major compounds, I'm doing 4x5-6 to build strength, but I'm not sure about my accessory work like triceps pulldown, and such.

Any tips?
I don't ever do calf raises regardless of bulking or cutting, but I'd say just scrap em while you're cutting. I don't think calf strength is a relevant goal really, so while cutting just focus on maintaining your strength for important lifts: i.e. the big 4. I'd cut down on the pulldowns etc as well.

Wait, who said you can't build muscle while cutting?
Basic physics - thermodynamics. You can't create mass out of nothing. You have to supply your body with additional energy (calories) above your baseline maintenance for your body to increase in size. This is one of the most frustrating facts for a lot of novice lifters/bodybuilders, especially the stubborn ones, but once you accept it you're a lot better off.

what are some ways to improve your bench?
Bench more. Improve your form - not just during the lift but also during the set-up. If you're set up in a weak position, your lift will be weak. Here's a good resource: http://70sbig.com/blog/2013/04/ac-discusses-the-bench/.
While working on your actual bench is the biggest factor for getting the lift up, some accessory work and other lifts will certainly benefit you. Other chest assistance work - incline, decline, dips - should help out. But also focus on building a strong/big upperback - Kroc and bentover rows - to give yourself a good base to press off of. Also, work on your shoulder strength by overhead pressing.

Last edited:
That's what you think, but you can just grab a moveable bench and put it behind you on the squat rack (assuming it's not a full cage). If you want to adjustt height, just throw a plate or two on the top. Problem solved.

I had thought of doing that before but never actually tried it, the plate idea makes it better, good looks doggie.

How much weight you using on the calf raises gutta? I actually got for just the typical 8-10 reps on them. I worked the hell out of them on friday after the initial leg work. Just kept going higher and higher while maintaining that rep range. Ended up doing 6-7 sets until I ended at 355. Each set was superset with the fibula machine with 60 on it. I didnt do seated tho.

I do 110 now on the machine. I may just drop it to 3x10.

Bench is my most frustrating lift along with military press. My wrists are weak, but I lift raw aside from a belt for squats, and deads.

I work my upper back, and my shoulders well, but I just can't bench.

Trying to figure out how I'm going to go about this cut as well.

I could strictly eat at 2600-2700 cals which would be about 100-200 cals under my maintenance. 700-1400 cals per week for 3 weeks will lose a bit of this lower belly fat.

Or I could eat at 3k cals, and just not eat to make up for my cardio sessions. That would be ~900-1k cals per week for 3 weeks.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the second option, but I'm not sure since I only do cardio 3x a week.

Anyone do Jim "Bro" Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred?

I just finished the 6-week program doing maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of the cardio between sets.

Back
Top Bottom