STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Found a tolerable enough oatmeal that I don't mind eating. Peaches flavored w/ a banana and a hint of cinnamon.

Didn't quite make my Memorial Day goal. Oh well. Still managed to play some ball today, though.

Burgers and hot dogs later. Smores too. >D

Shoulder day tomorrow and maybe some low intensity cardio if I wake up early enough.

Trying to figure out how I'm going to go about this cut as well.

I could strictly eat at 2600-2700 cals which would be about 100-200 cals under my maintenance. 700-1400 cals per week for 3 weeks will lose a bit of this lower belly fat.

Or I could eat at 3k cals, and just not eat to make up for my cardio sessions. That would be ~900-1k cals per week for 3 weeks.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the second option, but I'm not sure since I only do cardio 3x a week.
Do you mean 2000 for option two? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but a daily deficit of 100-200 is pretty low. Unless you have perfect self control and measure your portions out perfectly there will be days when you end consuming above maintenance without even trying. I'd aim for a deficit of around 500

Anyone do Jim "Bro" Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred?

I just finished the 6-week program doing maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of the cardio between sets.
a lot of people were discussing it maybe a month or two ago so scroll back

down about 1.5# from last week. weighed myself pre-dump. celebrated by eating a glazed donut and a cherry-filled donut :smh:

Gutta, and Mike, how are you guys calculating your macros?

BMR -500?
TDEE -500?
BMR+workout -500?
TDEE+workout -500?

4got my gym closes early today. Damn. Woke up at 2pm... and was planning on going my usual 845:-10pm routine. Damb... Gym close in hr and half.. i got tri's and shoulders today.. just finished eating 5 eggs... @ 4:30 ... this suckssssssss..... if i remembered i wouldve been in a empty dead gym.

i don't calculate my macros. i generally try and eat foods that aren't high in calories with poor nutritional values. aim for a decent amount of protein each day. weigh myself each monday and if i stay the same or gain, i aim to take in less calories by being more strict with avoiding crap food and eating smaller portions. the problem with that is since i've lost about 15#, i can't be eating the same and expect the same weight loss results. need to take in even less calories but i refuse to do a strict count. at least i finally stopped losing strength on this cut and my recent workouts have been great. worked out legs today. slowly progressing on my mobility.

i don't calculate my macros. i generally try and eat foods that aren't high in calories with poor nutritional values. aim for a decent amount of protein each day. weigh myself each monday and if i stay the same or gain, i aim to take in less calories by being more strict with avoiding crap food and eating smaller portions. the problem with that is since i've lost about 15#, i can't be eating the same and expect the same weight loss results. need to take in even less calories but i refuse to do a strict count. at least i finally stopped losing strength on this cut and my recent workouts have been great. worked out legs today. slowly progressing on my mobility.

Why do you refuse to count calories?

Trying to figure out how I'm going to go about this cut as well.

I could strictly eat at 2600-2700 cals which would be about 100-200 cals under my maintenance. 700-1400 cals per week for 3 weeks will lose a bit of this lower belly fat.

Or I could eat at 3k cals, and just not eat to make up for my cardio sessions. That would be ~900-1k cals per week for 3 weeks.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the second option, but I'm not sure since I only do cardio 3x a week.
Do you mean 2000 for option two? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but a daily deficit of 100-200 is pretty low. Unless you have perfect self control and measure your portions out perfectly there will be days when you end consuming above maintenance without even trying. I'd aim for a deficit of around 500

Anyone do Jim "Bro" Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred?

I just finished the 6-week program doing maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of the cardio between sets.
a lot of people were discussing it maybe a month or two ago so scroll back

Nah, my cardio sessions consist of 10 mins brisk walk at 10 incline, 3 mph on a treadmill before I lift. I do HIIT for 15 minutes post workout.

I know the machines are inaccurate, but it's the only way I can measure my calories burned. It's about 300-350 per day that I go to the gym.

My math was wrong as well, I'll just stick to 2.7k the per day. The reason I'm doing such a low caloric deficit is because I only need a lose a pound, or two of fat. I just want to get my definition popping before I go to the beach next month.

i believe i can reach my current goals without doing so and i don't want to obsess about it. it leads to problems at dinner time and when we go out.

I understand this but I know personally it's the best fitness thing I've ever done. You can count calories without like restricting yourself at meals and stuff. If anything it's just good info and it can't hurt. You don't have to hit your macros down to the exact %s each day. Mine vary tons. But it helps me remember to ACTUALLY get all the protein I need when sometimes I think I have but I haven't.

Bottom line, there's gonna be days in the gym where you bust your butt and need more food to recover than others. That's why keeping track is good IMO. It's not a hard and fast thing, but rather a general idea of where you need to be.

That being said, respect on the discipline you have to eat healthy and clean. I'm just struggling to eat clean all the time and tell myself that I "deserve" a brownie or cookie or milkshake or whatever. Keepin a good physique too. Problem is I know I'm holdin myself back from being crazy fit. Maybe I'll make a rubber wristband or somethin as an eat clean reminder...

Been getting Exertion headaches recently while working out. I've been able to power thru it but its frustrating. Read up on exertion headaches and people said the best way to get rid of it is rest. Just sucks cuz I've been increasing my reps/weight and loving the results. Anybody else suffer from these headaches and any recommendations/tips to alleviate them?

i def know i'd be better off in terms of progress if i counted my macros again. i also know that with my gf sensitive about her weight after giving birth, it's a recipe for disaster for me to start getting anal about calories and where/what we eat. if i stall badly for another month, i'll probably do it on the low.

My dude Marc Fitt
glasses.gif

Good message at the end too

Been getting Exertion headaches recently while working out. I've been able to power thru it but its frustrating. Read up on exertion headaches and people said the best way to get rid of it is rest. Just sucks cuz I've been increasing my reps/weight and loving the results. Anybody else suffer from these headaches and any recommendations/tips to alleviate them?
I'd suggest resting. My guess is you're doing more than you need to to achieve the results you're getting. What's your program? Where are your lifts at?

Back
Top Bottom