STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Thanks! So what I really need to do is watch how many calories I'm eating per day vs. what I'm burning, gonna start calculating that now.

Figuring out what you're body uses is kinda an art and is dependent on how active you are and what you do each day. It's best to start by monitoring your average diet for a week and then reducing each day's intake by 500 calories (3500 calories = a pound) which will eventually have you losing weight. If 500 daily as a reduction doesn't do the trick, just keep eating less and make sure to eat your weight in protein (or as a woman perhaps closer to .75g/lb)

Some days will be easier than others to keep under your goal but I found when I did my first cut that having a strict number to hit helped me not feel as hungry.

Last edited:
Anyone working out Fri thru Mon?
nerd.gif

#WHILEYOUWEREDRINKINGBEERS

#NOVACAY

#GYMHERMIT
I go to the gym errday

MTuThFri lift

WSatSun cardio- 30min HIIT
Mon-Fri 6am

Sun 8am
laugh.gif
I meant this Fri thru Mon specifically since it's a holiday weekend. Empty gym
happy.gif
???

lol I went from 2200 calories start of my cut and I am at 1680 right now. Thats a 2lb a week deficit (been losing more usually but every so often I eat at maintenance to keep my hormones in check. Once I get to 1500 or so calories needed I`m gonna start reverse dieting.

I was cutting at 1800, and losing 3-4 lbs some weeks.

Also, any ways to strengthen the wrists? Seems to be a weak point in sone lifts for me. I was going to buy some wrist wraps, but I'm not sure if that's the only way.

Also, any ways to strengthen the wrists? Seems to be a weak point in sone lifts for me. I was going to buy some wrist wraps, but I'm not sure if that's the only way.

Straps keep you from getting stronger wrists because they take weight off them. You can do wrist isolation exercises but the best way to approach lifts (IMO) is lift your first few sets without them (until your wrist are holding you back) and then move to straps. Also white-knuckling any lift can help supposedly

Hang from the pullup bar. That and farmers walks are good. There's a few other things you can do, but there isn't really a way to isolate them and build the strength. Lifting without straps and gloves helps as well.

Some of you guys are so damn lucky you have fast metabolisms 
laugh.gif

I can run 3-5 miles in the a.m. then have a 90 minute lift in the afternoon and if I eat 3000 cals I will gain weight lol

Hang from the pullup bar. That and farmers walks are good. There's a few other things you can do, but there isn't really a way to isolate them and build the strength. Lifting without straps and gloves helps as well.

word. Strengthening the wrist in general, since there's no muscle, that's not really a possible. but you can definitely strengthen the connective muscle. work on your forearms and hand strength and you'll notice benefits in your wrists.

I notice when i dont eat at LEAST 2700-2800 cals consistantly.. im crabby, my sex drive is wack, and my lifts take a hit. Guess its has something to do with
my personal testosterone levels. Im 6ft even so it might be my minimum maintenance. Everyones different....

Last edited:
Anyone working out Fri thru Mon?
nerd.gif

#WHILEYOUWEREDRINKINGBEERS

#NOVACAY

#GYMHERMIT
I go to the gym errday

MTuThFri lift

WSatSun cardio- 30min HIIT
Mon-Fri 6am

Sun 8am
laugh.gif
I meant this Fri thru Mon specifically since it's a holiday weekend. Empty gym
happy.gif
???
roll.gif
.....I will be.  My fault.  And it's my anniversary this weekend.  The wife is gonna be saltyyyyyyyyyyy!!!......
roll.gif

Training the wrists and hands is very specific to the goal. First identify if you want to train the wrists or grip. If you're not able to hold on to a bar when training pulling movements, your grip is weak and should be addressed.

I've said it in the past, but farmer's walks, grip machines, various hangs from a pull up bar for time, thick grip training, and pinch grip training are some tools you can use to train your grip. I don't recommend straps, they ignore the weak link in the chain.

Back
Top Bottom