STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

JESUS CHRIST THE NUTRIBULLET IS A GOD SEND

2 scoops chocolate protein, 1tbsp dark chocolate flavor peanut butter 1 banana , 1/2 cup berries, spinach #crackshake #steriodlifestyle #nutribullet

I lost 25 pounds in 1 and a half months ONLY by drinking water and avoiding fast/proccessed food. I'm starting to live a healthy lifestyle almost involuntary and it feels great.

However, at this point the weight loss has almost come to a complete stop, which is normal. Now I have to start cardio and lifting to keep it going. 

I lost 25 pounds in 1 and a half months ONLY by drinking water and avoiding fast/proccessed food. I'm starting to live a healthy lifestyle almost involuntary and it feels great.

However, at this point the weight loss has almost come to a complete stop, which is normal. Now I have to start cardio and lifting to keep it going. 

Good job bro. Proud of you!

Like you said, a plateau is normal. So good job adjusting and adding weight training to your plan to change things up. Keep it up!

I know I'm a female and our bodies work differently but I was wondering if I should do more cardio in order to get rid of this belly fat? I'm at Tues and Thurs now but I was thinking of switching it up to Mons,Weds, and Fri and changing my strength training to Tues and Thurs.

Also what are some good breakfast and lunches for burning fat, I need to get serious with my workout and dieting. 

I saw this at the gym today and had to take a creeper video. Things like this just boggle my mind. This isn't even relatively close to being considered a squat.

If someone could embed this for me, that would be awesome.

Could be goin for 1/4 squats... Just food for thought. Although I do enjoy people "squatting" at my gym

One of the things I look forward to after my workout, the protein shake. Now that I actually blend it, it taste like a smoothie. Usually I would put 2 scoops but I'm trying to cut so only 1 scoop for now.

I know I'm a female and our bodies work differently but I was wondering if I should do more cardio in order to get rid of this belly fat? I'm at Tues and Thurs now but I was thinking of switching it up to Mons,Weds, and Fri and changing my strength training to Tues and Thurs.

Also what are some good breakfast and lunches for burning fat, I need to get serious with my workout and dieting. 

First of all, no meal will help you burn fat. If you want to lose fat, you have to eat at a caloric deficit (meaning taking in less than your body expends in daily life + exercise). Keep track of your diet via the myfitnesspal app if you're serious about this. Certain foods like whole grains and lean meats will keep you full longer per calorie than processes food generally.

Now, when it comes to workouts, it's important to note that what will help you "burn fat" is really what is going to help you burn the most calories so you can eat at a caloric deficit. I'd say if you simply want to become leaner, do three days of cardio and two days of lifting. Also, I would make your lifts high reps which will make your body work hard longer and not focus as much on getting tons stronger (you'll still gain strength). That being said, lifting is obviously important so you don't become what many call "skinny fat" (no definition but just thin). Lifting may put on a few pounds of muscle, so don't be discourage by what a scale may say.

My personal favorite "fat burning" workout is this. Enjoy! http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method

Last edited:
Rest day. Legs are feeling dead so I'll give the body its first breather of the week. Maybe I'll even get more sleep. Failing majorly in that dept. Lets see if I can stay awake long enough to foam roll.

First of all, no meal will help you burn fat. If you want to lose fat, you have to eat at a caloric deficit (meaning taking in less than your body expends in daily life + exercise). Keep track of your diet via the myfitnesspal app if you're serious about this. Certain foods like whole grains and lean meats will keep you full longer per calorie than processes food generally.

Now, when it comes to workouts, it's important to note that what will help you "burn fat" is really what is going to help you burn the most calories so you can eat at a caloric deficit. I'd say if you simply want to become leaner, do three days of cardio and two days of lifting. Also, I would make your lifts high reps which will make your body work hard longer and not focus as much on getting tons stronger (you'll still gain strength). That being said, lifting is obviously important so you don't become what many call "skinny fat" (no definition but just thin). Lifting may put on a few pounds of muscle, so don't be discourage by what a scale may say.

My personal favorite "fat burning" workout is this. Enjoy! http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method
Thanks! So what I really need to do is watch how many calories I'm eating per day vs. what I'm burning, gonna start calculating that now.

Last edited:
The reason I ask is that I do workout about ten times a week (3 heavy lifting, 2 body weight strength, and five more speed/agility/etc). Again my thinking is that low GI carbs are better after heavy lifting whereas sugary post workouts are better to rehydrate and recover after less strength-intensive workouts. Who knows though...

You're training more than the average reader of this thread, which is why I made those points. In your situation, I believe that you would benefit from experimenting with these sorts of variables.

It depends on your training sequence and intensity/volume for each session. You should experiment with different carbohydrate (and even protein) sources. As a rule of thumb, more volume requires more carbohydrates. But 100 reps of wrist curls doesn't warrant the same intake as 100 reps of squats. Heavy lifting doesn't require much carbohydrate consumption PWO(assuming low volume), and I would agree with a low GI approach. If you were doing more 'circuit training' or bodybuilding type of training, then it would be different.

Rehydration actually depends on electrolyte content as well as sugar and water consumption. For example, if you decided to use potatoes as a PWO carb source, you should add salt to facilitate faster/better rehydration. You also want a large volume of liquid, for rehydration (at least 1 L).

Post workout supplementation is more of an art than a science due to various factors (body fat percentage, type of training, volume, intensity, carbohydrate tolerance, etc.). I encourage you to experiment with various products such as BCAAs and various carb sources.

AC seperation, possible broken clavicle. Got an appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow morning to talk about surgery. Either way, I'm out for some months. Frustrating to say the least. Gotta keep my diet on point from now on.

"Meat and Nuts Breakfast" by Charles Poliquin. It will improve focus and body fat loss. Of course the portions would change according to your size. Here's an article on it:
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Arti...s/Article/270/The_Meat_and_Nut_Breakfast.aspx

Back
Top Bottom