STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any of you guys ever do a 24 hr Juice fast? lol I`m thinking about going a day where all I drink is Water and like 2-3 shakes

ibe thought about it after those days where i over eat but since i work its a no go. if i dont eat i feel it where i get weak as hell :x

Great chest workout tonight... PUMP was ridiculous.

Finished it off with 3oz salmon and whey. I wish I had some veggies :frown:

welp. the bad thing about working out solo is that theres no one to tell u if u might be doing something wrong.
Realized i was benching with my elbows not being tucked in enough doing 85 lbs dumbells. So now i corrected the form and im having a tough time doing 70lb. Oh well at least i think im working out more of my chest now.

Any of you guys ever do a 24 hr Juice fast? lol I`m thinking about going a day where all I drink is Water and like 2-3 shakes

I wanted to do this too and looked into it but I hear there's no real benefit - especially if you're already eating right.

-

On that note, I need to start cleaning up my diet or adding cardio/boxing to my regimen. My mid-section fat is stubborn as hell and I'm getting impatient.

Need to keep strengthening my core - how many times a week do you guys target specifically abs? (I know you can't spot reduce) I did the Ab Wheel + Russian Twists one day at the gym then the god damn Wheel disappeared. I'm thinking 2 or 3 times a week is good enough?

I wanted to do this too and looked into it but I hear there's no real benefit - especially if you're already eating right.

-

On that note, I need to start cleaning up my diet or adding cardio/boxing to my regimen. My mid-section fat is stubborn as hell and I'm getting impatient.

Need to keep strengthening my core - how many times a week do you guys target specifically abs? (I know you can't spot reduce) I did the Ab Wheel + Russian Twists one day at the gym then the god damn Wheel disappeared. I'm thinking 2 or 3 times a week is good enough?

word. people need to get away from these juicing/fasting gimmicks and just eat and exercise right.

Finally hit 90lb dumbbells on the flat-bench 6 times 
happy.gif

Hard work is finally paying off. 

Is it worth it to workout on a ****** diet?

Financial aid ran out, so now all my money goes to paying for my dorm. Ramen noodles, water, and peanut butter is pretty much all I consume until my lease is over.

Dat struggle lyfe

Finally hit 90lb dumbbells on the flat-bench 6 times 
happy.gif

Hard work is finally paying off. 

Good stuff man...i have only been able to hit 85s and did 4 reps 2 sets.....hopefully soon i can get to 90s

legs today can't wait!
Squats
calves
lunges (maybe weighted step ups...not sure)
Calves
hamstring curls

Is it worth it to workout on a ****** diet?

Financial aid ran out, so now all my money goes to paying for my dorm. Ramen noodles, water, and peanut butter is pretty much all I consume until my lease is over.

Dat struggle lyfe
Well its not like working out is bad for you lol Your number one priority should be self worth and working out will help improve yourself both mentally and physically. I believe in you.

Last edited:
everything's been going well however I need more of that growth on the chrest area.

I have noticed improvements and better cut, but I want to gain more size.

Any tips?

when it comes to my routine for strictly chest, this is what I've been doign for the past month.

Bench Press 5 x 12,12,12,10,6 (declining reps due to high weights).

Incline Dumbell Press 4 x 12,10,10,8 (declining reps as well because I increase the weight)

Lower Cable Chest Flys 3 x 10

Weighted push ups 2 x failure

However I didn't include the supersets as I've been suppersetting those exercises with back. (a push and pull in a sense).

Lemme know some feedback NT! Anything would help out. Thanks in advance! Keep pushing!

everything's been going well however I need more of that growth on the chrest area.
I have noticed improvements and better cut, but I want to gain more size.
Any tips?

when it comes to my routine for strictly chest, this is what I've been doign for the past month.

Bench Press 5 x 12,12,12,10,6 (declining reps due to high weights).
Incline Dumbell Press 4 x 12,10,10,8 (declining reps as well because I increase the weight)
Lower Cable Chest Flys 3 x 10
Weighted push ups 2 x failure

However I didn't include the supersets as I've been suppersetting those exercises with back. (a push and pull in a sense).

Lemme know some feedback NT! Anything would help out. Thanks in advance! Keep pushing!
how many times per week??

how many times per week??

Unfortunately chest - once.
I understand that it should be twice but balancing gym and work is tough. I go minimum 3 times. 4 times some weeks.

|I

I have the same issue but what i do is go hard on push ups another night during the week. So say i do chest Monday. On Thursday ill do 6-8 sets of push ups usually between 20-25 or so a set. Im sure its not alot for most people but do what you are comfortable with.

I start with a really wide hand position
Then diamonds
And end with side to side like below. Im not sure the real name so i added the video

After the first 3 sets i repeat and go until im dead if you have some dumbbells u can add some flys between sets.

Its nothing like hitting chest and going hard twice a week but if you just dont have the time then you can try this

Last edited:
Great chest workout tonight... PUMP was ridiculous.

Finished it off with 3oz salmon and whey. I wish I had some veggies
frown.gif
LOL..same here..i can still feel the soreness this morn..

I also ate salmon and steamed broc after my wrkout..ur on the right track..

I have the same issue but what i do is go hard on push ups another night during the week. So say i do chest Monday. On Thursday ill do 6-8 sets of push ups usually between 20-25 or so a set. Im sure its not alot for most people but do what you are comfortable with.

I start with a really wide hand position
Then diamonds
And end with side to side like below. Im not sure the real name so i added the video

After the first 3 sets i repeat and go until im dead if you have some dumbbells u can add some flys between sets.

Its nothing like hitting chest and going hard twice a week but if you just dont have the time then you can try this
appreciate it fam!

Did my morning shake.

1/2 c oats
Trutein CPBcup
Banana
Water...

WTF WHY DID I USE WATER?! ain't eem realize til I poured it into the blender and added the ice cubes. The consistency was so off, chugged it like a champ...

This coconut/almond milk blend now in stores has gotta be the absolute best tasting fake milk products I've had, SRS

Should rename this thread.........the official making staying in shape harder than it has to be thread vol excuses not go to the gym today.

People are over thinking things nutrient timing doesnt matter insulin spike is bs, intermittent fasting while works isnt necessary and u dont need it to lose weight

Idk why I even come in here anymore smh

Should rename this thread.........the official making staying in shape harder than it has to be thread vol excuses not go to the gym today.

People are over thinking things nutrient timing doesnt matter insulin spike is bs, intermittent fasting while works isnt necessary and u dont need it to lose weight

The reason people are talking about all this is because they (myself included) want to get the very most out of the hard work they're putting in every day. There aren't many people in here talking about not wanting to workout.

If you don't want to be around people trying to improve themselves, head on out of here.

Good. Please leave.

Thread is for information, discussion, and sharing personal fitness journeys with one another to positively contribute to each others health and well-being.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but No one wants or needs your negativity. Not everyone is the same person with the same body and the same goals, brah.

The reason people are talking about all this is because they (myself included) want to get the very most out of the hard work they're putting in every day. There aren't many people in here talking about not wanting to workout.

If you don't want to be around people trying to improve themselves, head on out of here.

:nthat:

Back
Top Bottom