STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

From time to time I get headaches when my carb intake is low/lower than usual. Looks like you could be experiencing this as well?

From time to time I get headaches when my carb intake is low/lower than usual. Looks like you could be experiencing this as well?

I get the same way.

Usually on day 3-4 of restricted carbs and sugars I get some headaches... They usually are gone by day 5-6

Carb Flu. My classmate mentioned it to me earlier, I j just looked it up. It makes a lot of sense. I fell asleep twice while my teachers lectured. Felt bad about it too. I thought it was lack of sleep. Lol I cheated a bit because I thought I needed top eat a sub to refuel.

http://wellnessmama.com/2799/im-tired-and-have-a-headache-is-this-normal/

Last edited:
Just copped a nutribullet, frozen berries, bananas, vanilla almond milk and spinich for my protein shakes. Do you guys keep your bananas in the freezer?

Finally got a job being the pool boy at my gym, nothing like lifting and scoping yambs on the pool deck.

Last edited:
same here papi. the golden girls run the pool deck at my gym. there are other locations filled with milfs and bad 20-somethings, but they're out of the way..I just have to roll with the gilfs..lol

Copped the arctic zero mint chocolate cookie...

It ain't that bad after you consider its 150 cal for the whole thing...

the $5 price point tho :x

$5? LULZ

btw, quest bars are expensive but jesus man. if you guys purchase them, get the freakin chocolate chip cookie dough. A-MA-ZING :x

good thing i dont buy them by the boxes, id demolish a box of 12 in a day easily

I take Allegra every single day now. I'm starting to get back on OxyEllite Pro (the original formula) and I was wondering if the two would conflict in any way?

It shouldn't right? I just don't want to risk anything. Caffeine doesn't make my allergies worse but sugar does (if that's any help).

check google brah, im sure if there are interactions they will be on google.

your smart for checking, some people just jump into things while taking meds and serious stuff.

killed my arms today. forearms and bi's feel so tender now. love this feel. tri's will probably be sore in a day. I'm gonna rest my body the next 2 days. just refill with food and proteins and get sleep. get back in there on friday.

Embrace the chocolate milk. CM is actually very good for your body's recovery when consumed after a workout.

I've heard and seen studies that say the sugar in CM is good postworkout for the insulin spike while others say you want to avoid that (even postworkout) and stick to low GI carbs. Personally I haven't noticed much of a difference other than the low GI shakes I've made keep me full a little longer.

Thoughts?

$5 for those arctic zero's?

I think i'd only buy it once or every once in awhile.

Right now I'm enjoying the greek yogurt oiko flavors :smokin :smokin

cafe latte was good

but orange cream flavor had me :wow:

recommend both of these flavors. especially orange cream.

only a $1 at walmart :D

Last edited:
Embrace the chocolate milk. CM is actually very good for your body's recovery when consumed after a workout.

I've heard and seen studies that say the sugar in CM is good postworkout for the insulin spike while others say you want to avoid that (even postworkout) and stick to low GI carbs. Personally I haven't noticed much of a difference other than the low GI shakes I've made keep me full a little longer.

Thoughts?

I don't do the shortcut to shred program, but I did adopt one of the methods chopani? does in the program.

I put about 25 grams of dextrose in my post workout shake. I couldn't find pixie sticks so I just crushed up some smarties. Supposedly that's the best carb to maximize the benefits of the insulin spike. Google it or I'm sure more knowledgeable heads in here can elaborate.

I actually have noticed the DOMS kickin in next day as opposed to 2 days later like it used to.

Last edited:
I don't do the shortcut to shred program, but I did adopt one of the methods chopani? does in the program.

I put about 25 grams of dextrose in my post workout shake. I couldn't find pixie sticks so I just crushed up some smarties. Supposedly that's the best carb to maximize the benefits of the insulin spike. Google it or I'm sure more knowledgeable heads in here can elaborate.

I actually have noticed the DOMS kickin in next day as opposed to 2 days later like it used to.

But in terms of recovery and actual gains has anybody noticed a difference. I've heard that with endurance workouts the insulin spike is good but for strength workouts you want low GI carbs.

Today decided to try something new. Went to the gym and superset Back and chest...at the same damn time. Was insane. Felt great.

ex: Incline dumbell press superset with lat pull downs.

No rest, just go back and forth. Wont do it every upperbody workout, but something i'll do when i trick my muscles and not get bored with my workout.

Tomorrow cardio, legs and abs. Leggo

Soccer last night...but hit shoulders at the gym before my game....soccer again tonight...but won't be going before hand this time. Gonna hit legs tomorrow.

Since my thumb is broke it is forcing me to go light weight and high reps on everything. I did back-bi monday. Most back exersizes i could just use fingers for grip (lat pull down, dumb-bell rows etc) but biceps i was doing 20+ reps of curls with 15lbs....when i got to the top it rolled the weight onto my palm which hurt so bad :lol:. But felt sore the next day still...granted i did a ton of reps

I don't think il be able to DL at least heavy...but thinking i should be able to squat just fine. Legs on Thursday....cant wait

the ab wheel will strenghthen the hell out of your core. deadlift, seated military press, and squat went up: pipe game is also better too :smokin

Wrecked todays workout after not being able to make it yesterday :smokin

Longest i've been at the gym in one sesh since I was cutting in, felt awesome breaking myself down!

the ab wheel will strenghthen the hell out of your core. deadlift, seated military press, and squat went up: pipe game is also better too :smokin

true story. ya'll wanna crazier orgasms, work out your abdominals. especially lower that leads down into that pelvis region. Trust me.

#DatFeel

Got a question about carb cycling.

I used to do IF/ Lean Gains and got used to working out fasted. Now I just eat whatever time I want but still workout fasted. I workout one day on then one day off, 3 days a week. Low carb would be off day and high carb on workout day.

But I noticed since I'm working out fasted and the previous day was low carbed, then my energy would be low. Should I mix it up and reverse it making off days moderate to high carb and workout days moderate to low? And squeezing in a really low day on a back to back off day?

Thoughts?

If you're training twice per day, 6 days per week, you can play with this sort of thing and benefit. For the average person in this thread training 3-5 days per week, once per day, recreationally, you won't benefit from using this. You're better off focusing on other recovery modalities (sleep, stress, nutrition throughout the day, programming).

You will benefit more from smart training choices than sources of carbohydrates in the post workout meal. Your glycogen will replenish, albeit at a slower rate than otherwise, but that is not a problem if you're only training once per day.

If you want the absolute best product, something like Vitargo would be worth experimenting with for you. Again, I don't think this is a 'bang for your buck' area to focus on if you're a recreational lifter. You could otherwise play with sources such as dextrose, maltodextrin, fruit, fruit juices, potatoes, or even a low carb PWO shake. A whole food approach with potatoes as a PWO carb source can be very successful.

Back
Top Bottom