STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've been browsing the thread a lot recently and i have been working out a good 3-4 days a week for about a year now and havent had any significant gains, but have seen some decent (for me atleast) increases in weight. I think i'm looking for a new routine to hopefully increase muscle mass and strength, but i'm not looking to get huge. Currently im 5'11 about 165, anyone have any idea on a good 3 day split? i've searched the net but everything is so different, just wanted to see what you guys recommend?

Youre saying you havent had any significant gains, yet you also say I dont wanna get big.

Its been a year, you saying I dont wanna get big is the problem. You know how hard it is to get big? It doesnt happen accidently. You probably arent pushing youraelf enough to even get a tiny bit of gains, cause a year without gains means you probably were wasting time at the gym.

anybody mess with Coconut Oil? I put about a teaspoon in my protein shakes. taste so good!!

on another note, im pretending this week is "Peak Weak" so i get mad ripped for a saturday beach party! gyeaaaaa :tongue:

Went kinda crazy w/ eating for my bday yesterday...

Downloaded the my fitness pal app to help me calorie count / get my nutrients right.

Eating is definitely my biggest downfall.. the accountability will be very helpful :smokin

Youre saying you havent had any significant gains, yet you also say I dont wanna get big.

Its been a year, you saying I dont wanna get big is the problem. You know how hard it is to get big? It doesnt happen accidently. You probably arent pushing youraelf enough to even get a tiny bit of gains, cause a year without gains means you probably were wasting time at the gym.

I guess maybe im just over-estimating what should have changed in a year. i do want some gain, maybe 10-15 lbs but thats about it. i do have noticeable difference in my physique so maybe just more time is all i need

been eating too much as of late even though its leaner/clean

stupid turkey burgers and cereal

been hungry as hell as of late since i had some sugar

i look good as hell right now tho, people complimenting me all the time :pimp: :pimp:

i still want my 6 pack defined as hell even tho i have one, maybe im just asking for too much :lol:

i look good as hell right now tho, people complimenting me all the time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i still want my 6 pack defined as hell even tho i have one, maybe im just asking for too much
laugh.gif
Are you the real zyzz
Anybody try those minute brown rice? It cooks in 10mins btw
laugh.gif
Uncle Bens cajun rice>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys.

I'm 5'11, 240-260 depending on activity/diet but it's time to change. I wanna get down to 200-220.

The workout isn't the whole problem, it's my diet.

I tried IF last week but it took a toll on my energy. I work 8-3 and it's hard to deal with kids not eating till 10-11a.m.

Can you guys help me out with a cool schedule of eating for the most efficient results?

Don't mess with IM fasting or anything fancy unless you really like it. If you want to lose weight, keep track of your diet (there are apps for this) and eat fewer calories. It's that simple. Make sure to get your body weight in grams of protein and low glycemic index carbs to keep you full. It's all about calories in vs calories out (through excercise and what your body needs for daily basic processes)

My apologies,  I should have included the link to the article I was reading:

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/how-to-properly-deload/

Basically it's taking a break from the normal load of the weight you  ift by performing less, whether it's  by the lbs or reps all while not fully taking a break from training. It's suppose to help you recover faster all while preventing injuries you may develop from over training. 

I do this since most of my lifts are Olympic lifts and can exhaust your whole body fairly quickly. Personally, I hate training without them and take one once a month. If you don't do Olympic lifts, I'd recommend every six weeks or so.

When deloading I lift at about 80% of the weight. Still get a good workout in (in terms of cardio and it not being easy) but you can zip through a little faster which is nice. Also, 80% ensures that your muscles aren't pushed beyond their capacity so you won't get sore or be tired the next day.

This^^^^

And IMHO a WEEK isn't enough time to let your body acclimate itself into something such as IF and gauge whether or not if it's for you

Last edited:
damn looks like LA Fitness is my best option for a gym, I read bad reviews for the Golds gym in my area and World Gym had terrible reviews about people being overcharged/still being charged after cancellation.

Any Atlanta Bros here? LA Fitness seems to b the lesser of evils, there a location by my job, my crib, my moms crib, my girls crib, and my dads crib. I guess I might start working out late at night, drink a shake, then go to bed around 11

anybody mess with Coconut Oil? I put about a teaspoon in my protein shakes. taste so good!!

on another note, im pretending this week is "Peak Weak" so i get mad ripped for a saturday beach party! gyeaaaaa :tongue:
Just bought some along with my vitamins. Looking forward to experimenting with it.

just signed up on myfitness pal... it said my sugar was too high, i ate 2 oikos yogurts, fruit, and an apple sauce...is this something i should try to reduce if im trying to shed a few lbs or no?

i look good as hell right now tho, people complimenting me all the time :pimp: :pimp:

i still want my 6 pack defined as hell even tho i have one, maybe im just asking for too much :lol:

Are you the real zyzz
Anybody try those minute brown rice? It cooks in 10mins btw :lol:
Uncle Bens cajun rice>>>>>>>>>

Zyzz passed away brah

i wish i looked like Zyzz tho :lol:

the last few weeks i've been eating relatively clean and have been seeing good gains in strength and physique. got an important exam coming in the next 2 weeks which means i can't get into the gym as often as id like and all i want to do is eat my stress away. :frown:

just signed up on myfitness pal... it said my sugar was too high, i ate 2 oikos yogurts, fruit, and an apple sauce...is this something i should try to reduce if im trying to shed a few lbs or no?
myfitnesspal is the truth.  military health and wellness preaches for all service members to use the app if they need help calorie counting/losing weight.  we're told to follow the program because in the end it will only help you toward your goal.  some may disagree but the easy answer if you're committed is to follow the program.

Back
Top Bottom