STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

To weigh in on this ice cream debate, I buy the little singles of Skinny Cow. The chocolate fudge brownie flavor is delicious.

Every Saturday as part of my weekly cheat meal, I'll mix the ice cream with 2 servings of cold chocolate PB2. It's 240 calories total and is a great cheat snack without doing some real damage lol

haven't messed with supplements for years because i started to eat clean but had to try this this..

so far so good.

Last edited:
I think i broke my thumb.....work outs about the get all sorts of interesting trying to work around it......lots of finger strength and machines...i can barely hold a 25lb dumbbell in my right hand

If you want ice cream, eat ice cream. The difference between the real stuff and the "healthy" versions are negligible.

haven't messed with supplements for years because i started to eat clean but had to try this this..

so far so good.

I like it. Just has a strong powdery taste. Not the best pairing in a smoothie unless you have something to mellow out the taste.

If you want ice cream, eat ice cream. The difference between the real stuff and the "healthy" versions are negligible.
I agree. If I'm gonna eat ice cream, I don't want the real stuff, otherwise I'll just do something simple like greek yogurt with honey/agave and peanut butter to satisfy my sweet tooth. Unless its a cheap brand, there's not a whole lot to ice cream. Like with anything, you just have to know your limits.

Hey guys.

I'm 5'11, 240-260 depending on activity/diet but it's time to change. I wanna get down to 200-220.

The workout isn't the whole problem, it's my diet.

I tried IF last week but it took a toll on my energy. I work 8-3 and it's hard to deal with kids not eating till 10-11a.m.

Can you guys help me out with a cool schedule of eating for the most efficient results?

I don't. explain this deload that you speak of sir
My apologies,  I should have included the link to the article I was reading:

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/how-to-properly-deload/

Basically it's taking a break from the normal load of the weight you  ift by performing less, whether it's  by the lbs or reps all while not fully taking a break from training. It's suppose to help you recover faster all while preventing injuries you may develop from over training. 

How often do you guys  have a deload?  
nerd.gif
Some dude i used to lift with at the gym would deload every few weeks if he was going consistantly. He would go hard for 3 weeks and deload on the 4th week. Not sure if that is considered too often, but he was one big dude and said that he needed that rest after lifting for so many years.

I don't. explain this deload that you speak of sir
My apologies,  I should have included the link to the article I was reading:

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/how-to-properly-deload/

Basically it's taking a break from the normal load of the weight you  ift by performing less, whether it's  by the lbs or reps all while not fully taking a break from training. It's suppose to help you recover faster all while preventing injuries you may develop from over training. 

Ahhh interesting. I've heard of it, but never really knew the specifics or the approach. Thanks for the link.

KILLED my legs this morning, did more squats then I can count.

Like the great Kirk Karwoski said, 135 is lifted just like 935.

LETS GET IT

Might have to take the L and go back to Planet Fitness for a few months until fall semester....
These big gyms be taxing and I hate to pay initiation fees and 30+ per month when I have a membership at my school gym....

I can make it happen at any gym so it won't really be that bad....

What a good starting point for a menu on eating clean?

I've read eating homemade burgers is a good way and others saying brown rice and chicken breasts.
Look at the paleo diet food list. Might be a good start of an overall idea of clean eating.

KILLED my legs this morning, did more squats then I can count.

Like the great Kirk Karwoski said, 135 is lifted just like 935.

LETS GET IT
On leg days I might just do deadlifts and a ****load of squats. 6-8 sets, and call it a day. I really dislike the leg press and all these hamstring/quad machines.

Might have to take the L and go back to Planet Fitness for a few months until fall semester....
These big gyms be taxing and I hate to pay initiation fees and 30+ per month when I have a membership at my school gym....

I can make it happen at any gym so it won't really be that bad....
Its the slowest time of year for Gyms so they will bring u in with basically anything..talk to em tell em u want no int fee and no more then $30/m no contract..or if u want long term and r able to pay in full up front u can get a huge discount..for example LA Fitness in my city is $200 for 2 years up front..thats $10/m..cant beat it

My left elbow has a hard **** ing time staying tucked in, it flares out every damn time. I tried to keep it in last Monday with no luck, but today? [Borat]Great success[/Borat]

I felt a big difference, i'm glad I was able to pull through and get an awesome workout today. :smokin

On leg days I might just do deadlifts and a ****load of squats. 6-8 sets, and call it a day. I really dislike the leg press and all these hamstring/quad machines.
Yeah I do DLs on back day but the majority of my leg workout is the squat, with some accessory work after. I do very light weight on the leg extension just to get some blood pumping in my legs before I start, keep the weight around 30 pounds.

and that's why i bought the fit freeze only once. if imma snack, imma eat a snackfood. gotta get more disciplined though. trying to cut 10-15# more. thought i did ok last week but only dropped .5 :lol: :frown:
lunch today is some veggies and quinoa with a little meatloaf.

Protein powder
Water / milk/ "dairy alternative"
guar gum to thicken

ice cream maker, or powerful blender with a lot of ice = ice cream on the cheap.

Honestly, aside from my food scale it's the best investment i've made for the kitchen.

I've been browsing the thread a lot recently and i have been working out a good 3-4 days a week for about a year now and havent had any significant gains, but have seen some decent (for me atleast) increases in weight. I think i'm looking for a new routine to hopefully increase muscle mass and strength, but i'm not looking to get huge. Currently im 5'11 about 165, anyone have any idea on a good 3 day split? i've searched the net but everything is so different, just wanted to see what you guys recommend?

Back
Top Bottom