STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

damn looks like LA Fitness is my best option for a gym, I read bad reviews for the Golds gym in my area and World Gym had terrible reviews about people being overcharged/still being charged after cancellation.

Any Atlanta Bros here? LA Fitness seems to b the lesser of evils, there a location by my job, my crib, my moms crib, my girls crib, and my dads crib. I guess I might start working out late at night, drink a shake, then go to bed around 11

I only go to LA Fitness unless there isn't one in the area I'm at. I usually get the 0 initiation and $30 a month deal. Has everything I need plus more (courts, sauna, pool). It usually has the nicest facilities and is extremely clean and well kept

I only go to LA Fitness unless there isn't one in the area I'm at. I usually get the 0 initiation and $30 a month deal. Has everything I need plus more (courts, sauna, pool). It usually has the nicest facilities and is extremely clean and well kept

I've been using it since High School and have loved it for ever. It is usually the cheapest option for your all in one sports facility

I love cajun rice, but it cant be healthy as the brown rice?
Thats a good question, as good as it tastes it probably isn't lol The minute made brown rice i have made has about zero taste to it so I usually add something to it, a tablespoon of sauce to get it some flavor.
Zyzz passed away brah

i wish i looked like Zyzz tho
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I started a new diet, went to sleep with a headache, woke up with it and I know its food related.

Yesterday I had a Greek yogurt before school. Got to school and had a bagel, sausage, and bacon. 2 hours later had a Special K protein bar 10 grams protein, 2 hours after that had a serving of peanuts. For lunch, 1:45pm I had chicken breast and salad. Last thing I ate was more chicken and salad around 7pm. I contemplated having some Raisin Bran before going to sleep but I was busy with studying. Just did some ab work and that was it.

My goal is get leaner, I'm around 15-18% body fat. What should I do to my diet to prevent the headaches and still get the outcome? Thanks.

Allergies are a pain in the *** :smh:.

Got through my lifts today, but couldn't force myself through 15 mins of nonstop cardio despite trying twice.

doesn't applesauce have a ton of sugar?

just signed up on myfitness pal... it said my sugar was too high, i ate 2 oikos yogurts, fruit, and an apple sauce...is this something i should try to reduce if im trying to shed a few lbs or no?

It's worth noting there is a difference between artificial and natural sugars. For example, bananas and strawberries are basically all sugar, but it's natural sugar. On the other hand, brownies are also all sugar, but they are obviously not the same nutritional value as a piece of fruit. Even regular milk has several grams of sugar per glass, but milk sugar isn't bad for you (just stay away from chocolate milk).

If you don't know about the glycemic index, this article is worth reading. It shows how it's not just about if something is sugar or not, because every carb we eat is eventually processed and turned into glucose.
http://www.venturestreet.com/articl...-the-Sweetness-in-your-Life-600/#.UZuX-6a9LCQ

It's worth noting there is a difference between artificial and natural sugars. For example, bananas and strawberries are basically all sugar, but it's natural sugar. On the other hand, brownies are also all sugar, but they are obviously not the same nutritional value as a piece of fruit. Even regular milk has several grams of sugar per glass, but milk sugar isn't bad for you (just stay away from chocolate milk).

If you don't know about the glycemic index, this article is worth reading. It shows how it's not just about if something is sugar or not, because every carb we eat is eventually processed and turned into glucose.
http://www.venturestreet.com/articl...-the-Sweetness-in-your-Life-600/#.UZuX-6a9LCQ

I agree with there being different types of sugar, but for his goal of shedding a few lbs it really doesn't matter since they are essentially the same calorically.

You can continue with the yogurt/applesauce and shed a couple as long as you are overall eating less than expending.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have a bodyspace account on bodybuilding.com?

I just created one out of sheer curiosity, so far so good. I mainly enjoy being able to browse different workouts with videos while creating a new calendar plan. 

Do any of you guys have a bodyspace account on bodybuilding.com?

I just created one out of sheer curiosity, so far so good. I mainly enjoy being able to browse different workouts with videos while creating a new calendar plan. 
Yep..rarely use it tho

doesn't applesauce have a ton of sugar?

just signed up on myfitness pal... it said my sugar was too high, i ate 2 oikos yogurts, fruit, and an apple sauce...is this something i should try to reduce if im trying to shed a few lbs or no?

Just for the record, the Glycemic Index should be taken very lightly. Its practical application is limited.

There certainly are differences between types of sugars, but basing good vs bad off of the Index isnt the best idea.

Im going to pretend the chocolate milk comment was never made.... :lol:

There is no difference between sugars based on "natural" or "artificial". Glucose is glucose is glucose. Fructose is, and always will be fructose, regardless of whether it's found in a blueberry or a syrup. Different foods obviously have varying amounts and ratios of the various sugars. The 3 main sugars that are in food are glucose, fructose, and galactose.

You're talking about micronutrient density, which is different. This is independent of the sugar content. Fruit is a significantly better choice than brownies, but that is not due to the sugar content; it's due to the micronutrient content.

Milk sugars aren't "good" for everyone. Many people lack lactase and can't effectively break down the lactose in milk to form galactose and glucose. "Natural" isn't a valid argument for or against a food. Plutonium is natural, but you certainly should not ingest any. Supplements are "artificial" or "processed", but doesn't necessarily mean they are bad because of it.

Embrace the chocolate milk. CM is actually very good for your body's recovery when consumed after a workout.

Copped the arctic zero mint chocolate cookie...

It ain't that bad after you consider its 150 cal for the whole thing...

the $5 price point tho :x

Scoop of protein is 110-200 cals, 20-30 g protein and 50-70cents... just sayin :lol:

Illstop preachin though haha

Last edited:
I started a new diet, went to sleep with a headache, woke up with it and I know its food related.

Yesterday I had a Greek yogurt before school. Got to school and had a bagel, sausage, and bacon. 2 hours later had a Special K protein bar 10 grams protein, 2 hours after that had a serving of peanuts. For lunch, 1:45pm I had chicken breast and salad. Last thing I ate was more chicken and salad around 7pm. I contemplated having some Raisin Bran before going to sleep but I was busy with studying. Just did some ab work and that was it.

My goal is get leaner, I'm around 15-18% body fat. What should I do to my diet to prevent the headaches and still get the outcome? Thanks.

Anyone?

I take Allegra every single day now. I'm starting to get back on OxyEllite Pro (the original formula) and I was wondering if the two would conflict in any way?

It shouldn't right? I just don't want to risk anything. Caffeine doesn't make my allergies worse but sugar does (if that's any help).

From time to time I get headaches when my carb intake is low/lower than usual. Looks like you could be experiencing this as well?

I get the same way.

Usually on day 3-4 of restricted carbs and sugars I get some headaches... They usually are gone by day 5-6

Back
Top Bottom