STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Had a GREAT, but not so healthy breakfast this morning. Didn't trip tho...went at it hard in the gym this afternoon.

Honestly, I struggle with the flavor. Which is why I haven't really been ingesting it. I might do the tablespoon of it and see how that helps. But I feel I have good digestions already.

I have a question, is this too stressful on me knees?

I had two 30lb dumbbells on both sides (hanging) and I was doing box jumps with them.
3 sets of 12.

Oh yea, I KILLED my legs today. :smokin

#BensonHenderson

Box Jumps holding dbs?!?

Why would you do that?

^I've done box jumps holding a medicine ball at my chest and moving it up over my head as I jump (like going up for a dunk)

I feel like box jumps with DBs would be awkward

Box Jumps holding dbs?!?

Why would you do that?
In HS I used to do them with a medicine ball. But I was looking for a little more challenging (yet similar) exercise.

Let me know what is wrong with that please.

Did something similar today, except I subbed a 35 plate for DBs.

I find when I'm holding DBs, I'm tempted to swing my arms as I jump-- and potentially send a DB flying. With the plate, I isolate my legs and don't have to worry about knocking someone's head off.

about how many cals do u guys think is in this meal 2 chicken breast with white rice, dnt know the amount of rice it wasnt that much

Box Jumps holding dbs?!?

Why would you do that?
In HS I used to do them with a medicine ball. But I was looking for a little more challenging (yet similar) exercise.

Let me know what is wrong with that please.

Did something similar today, except I subbed a 35 plate for DBs.

I find when I'm holding DBs, I'm tempted to swing my arms as I jump-- and potentially send a DB flying. With the plate, I isolate my legs and don't have to worry about knocking someone's head off.

But when you jump naturally, the arms contribute to the movement. Youre better off increasing the height of the box and challenging yourself that way.

Of all the options, a medicine ball is the lesser of all the evils, but thats largely because of the weight of the ball. The shape has some effect, but not much.

Yea I usually do two boxes but I wanted something different. So don't do the dumbells? You never told me why it was a bad idea though.

Yea I usually do two boxes but I wanted something different. So don't do the dumbells? You never told me why it was a bad idea though.

It alters the center of mass. It turns a natural, coordinated movement into something highly unnatural.

Holding more weight wont make you jump higher, its just more mass that needs to be vertically. That vertically displaced mass also must come back down, and thats a lot of extra force on the knees.

Baseball players use a light bat weight or swing 2 bats when theyre warming up. It provides an overload stimulus so when they actually have to swing their bat, it feels lighter and quicker (because their muscles have just swung something heavier). However, if they swing a REALLY heavy bat, they arent overloading the muscles, theyre altering the biomechanics of the swing.

started throwing snatches, jerks, and cleans into my routine. dont know why i never did this before! overall, im seeing good results in shoulder strength and definition

It alters the center of mass. It turns a natural, coordinated movement into something highly unnatural.

Holding more weight wont make you jump higher, its just more mass that needs to be vertically. That vertically displaced mass also must come back down, and thats a lot of extra force on the knees.

Baseball players use a light bat weight or swing 2 bats when theyre warming up. It provides an overload stimulus so when they actually have to swing their bat, it feels lighter and quicker (because their muscles have just swung something heavier). However, if they swing a REALLY heavy bat, they arent overloading the muscles, theyre altering the biomechanics of the swing.
Aight cool.

Thanks. Appreciate the help. ALways do. :smokin

Back when I was in hs playing varsity fball, the coach wanted me to bench 135...I couldn't bench 120! But he insisted and I wanted to look hard so i tried and that **** literally fell right under my throat. Its funny but also not because a few inches up and my throat would have been done! Like that former USC running back who dropped all that weight on his neck.

Now I do 175 as a warmup. Funny how time changes

WArm up with 175?? Why

hit new pr of 260 on the bench today. my goal(although i know ill probably come up short) is to hit 300 bench before my 1 yr anniversary of lifting comes up in july. :smokin

Last edited:
Back when I was in hs playing varsity fball, the coach wanted me to bench 135...I couldn't bench 120! But he insisted and I wanted to look hard so i tried and that **** literally fell right under my throat. Its funny but also not because a few inches up and my throat would have been done! Like that former USC running back who dropped all that weight on his neck.

WArm up with 175?? Why

also, just thinking of the logistics of it, that's a 45 plate and two 10s.

why?

I have to worst trouble falling asleep these days. Idk why. Thought it was the thermogenic but I've taken it before and had no problems and the sleeping troubles started before I started taking it again. Anybody else have problems falling asleep? Any natural solutions some of you might suggest? Might look into some ZMA..

I have to worst trouble falling asleep these days. Idk why. Thought it was the thermogenic but I've taken it before and had no problems and the sleeping troubles started before I started taking it again. Anybody else have problems falling asleep? Any natural solutions some of you might suggest? Might look into some ZMA..

melatonin been working well for me

melatonin been working well for me

WORD. Neuro Sleep to be more specifc. :smokin

WArm up with 175?? Why

also, just thinking of the logistics of it, that's a 45 plate and two 10s.

why?

Wait huh?

Bar = 35 pounds
2 45 plates = 90 pounds
2 25 plates = 50 pounds

175 pounds lol

Back
Top Bottom