STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I do IF so your rules don't apply to me honestly. As long as I`m under 2500-3000 total for Sodium in a day I`m good, and even if I`m over its not serious being that I hydrate my body enough and sweat it all out and its not a every day thing when I do go over.

For dudes who are in a situation where Fast Food is a last resort, 2 chick fil a grilled chicken sammiches is a great meal 290 cal a pop about 56g protein for 2 sammiches and the sodium isn crazy like a Wendys or Micky Ds

i've ate the grilled chicken wraps from Mickey D's once before if im at a rush to work. Is this the same thing?

Last edited:
Yeah, Steezy, I can't get on board with your hospital cafeteria suggestion :lol: .

You're telling me people off the street can just walk into a hospital and grab food?

Yeah, Steezy, I can't get on board with your hospital cafeteria suggestion
laugh.gif

You're telling me people off the street can just walk into a hospital and grab food?
I know for a fact you can do that over here in Belgium lol. Saw it happen a lot when I had my internship at the local hospital.

People don't like going to the hospital when they NEED to go to the hospital, they damn sure won't go for a meal if they don't have to. That is clearly an example of, "Putting your job on." I mean why would they do that when they have dozens of food spots at their disposal. Maybe if they are visiting a hospital but nobody is going just cause for some damn food KSteezy :lol:

Believe it or not the food you eat at a hospital often times is far more healthy than the one you can eat at a restaurant for 1/2 the price....hospitals feed people with very strict diets, so you know the stuff they serve in a cafeteria is fresh and with less preservatives....that's why DC.

Believe it or not the food you eat at a hospital often times is far more healthy than the one you can eat at a restaurant for 1/2 the price....hospitals feed people with very strict diets, so you know the stuff they serve in a cafeteria is fresh and with less preservatives....that's why DC.

SRS

Gonna try it this coming week

This is my back currently.

I really want to add more size and tone at the same time (my whole body), is this practical? I'm currently 5'10'' and 174lbs.

I've kinda been doing the same routines/exercises for quite some time now, but fluctuating in weight and repetitions.. anyone recommend any good muscle/strength building programs? :nerd:

You missed my point. I am not disputing that, but I am saying good luck with convincing folks driving to a hospital, dealing with paying to park, just to eat at their cafe.

man, i feel a certain way about it too

but ive ALWAYS been told by physicians and other personal trainers that ANY exercise that involves moving weight behind your head is not safe, squats is a huge testament to that, hella spinal problems later down the line for damn near everyone who decides to go heavy

Hahaha, what? Do you seriously believe that everyone or even the majority of people who squat heavy suffer from hella spinal problems later in life? Sure I'll give you that squatting with improper form will lead to increased chance of back issues down the road, but your statement above is extremely hyperbolic. Care to explain the basic biomechanics of how all heavy squatting (even with proper form) will result in spinal problems? If you can't perhaps you should refrain from making this sort of categorical statement,

Apologies if this has been dealt with previously, but has anyone here taken ZMA? If so, what were your thoughts?
I'm curious as well. I've heard it gives you mad vivid dreams and I already get pretty vivid dreams - testament to my highly advanced pineal gland I think - don't wanna get too extreme on the dream world.

Is having this type of schedule bad? If so, how to adjust?

Chest/Back
Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Bis/ Tris

? I heard chest and back on same day is best way to get ultimate growth, or at least thats what Arnold says. 
I would have a day for legs instead of (or in addition to an arms day). I set my workup around lifts rather than muscle groups.

Switching to a four day lifting split in about a week. It's time for something new.

Sunday: Chest
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Back/Shoulders
Wednesday: Cardio/Rest
Thursday: Biceps/Triceps
Friday: Cardio/Rest
Saturday: Rest

I'm doing to do calves, and abs twice a week. Probably on Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
I come from the camp that doesn't understand or support doubling up on abs and calves. Any reason why you're working them more than your other muscles? Also, realize that when squatting and deadlifting you will be hitting your abs to a pretty significant extent.

hi. my name is urple. can anyone help me out with a basic routine? im  5'10 145. never really lifted. just looking to get stronger and faster. 

i need a beginners routine and any advice to help me get started. thanks brodies. ill start being active in this thread.
Look up Starting Strength - go buy the book. You also need to eat. Don't know what your understanding of proper nutrition is, but get bulking. Look back through the thread -there's plenty of good info on bulking etc.

Not a fan of ZMA, but zinc and magnesium supplementation can be very beneficial, especially if deficient. I prefer chelated forms of the minerals such as glycinate, taurate, gluconate, etc. Oxide, citrate, and aspartate aren't so good because of poor absorption and a few other issues.

I don't believe the behind the neck pulling/pressing is a problem. In fact, if you can't do it, you have some issues to take care of(adhesions, mechanics, mobility). The people that are telling you not to work behind the neck are the same ones telling you to sit on the couch instead of doing anything remotely "dangerous", use no more than 5 lbs for rotator cuff and scapular strengthening, and only move in linear patterns. Yes there are risks to it, but there are risks to many other regarded "safe" patterns.

Most people in gyms aren't strict on form and tempo, use bad ROM, and don't know a thing about balancing out the musculature. When they get hurt, they blame it on 1 movement pattern: the one that they did right before the pain started. They ignore the years of bench press syndrome, lack of strength in certain musculature, and not doing mobility training that actually caused it.
You seem to be one of the more knowledgeable people in this thread. Just curious what your background in strength training and nutrition is - Masters degree, research on your own?

Finally sacked up and did legs last night.  Definitely need to grab some Epsom salt and take a soak.  Just general fatigue from being overworked during the day time as well as family stuff.  Toss the gym in there and it's a combination for a worn out me, lol.

Massage treatment may be called for as well.
Foam roll, guy.

Anyone doing 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler?

This is my 2nd go around with it, did one a couple years back. Feeling super good! Deads and Squats are my best lifts by far (dislocated my shoulder late October)

I've recently upped my protein intake and seriously has made me feel better in the gym.
Yup I'm a big proponent of it. Been doing it consistently for the past year plus. Making steady, consistent progress and it fits in with my rugby schedule well. Plus it offers a nice skeleton that can be supplemented how you want through the assistance exercises. Honestly the simplicity's great but you could go even simpler and still make gains if you stayed consistent i.e. a 3x5 type program. Nonetheless, I like the AMRAP sets - gives a nice challenge in each workout without being overly taxing. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a proper alternative to the overblown bodybuilding routines out there.

Have you tried front squats? I found front squats to be more forgiving on form depending on which grip you use.
I feel like it's not that they're less forgiving as much as it's harder to revert to bad form while doing them. To move the weight you gotta maintain good form. I do think they're good when you're in a situation where you feel like your backsquat form is lagging and opening you up to injury.

Bumping this. Any help please? Also what can I take to gain more muscle endurance so I can work out longer? Thanks in advance
I cycled on and off meth for a while, made some serious gains - great bulking powder - but had to cycle off when I started knocking off gas stations for fun.

i witnessed rape today at gnc this poor newb walked in asked for protein the lady sold him a $30, 1.5 lb bag of gnc wheybolic "b/c its the best protein they sell" then she talked him into a "vita pak" program and then sold him some "ravage preworkout" "b/c its da cleanest energy" poor guy walked out of there 150$ shorter and 3 products that are terrible and over priced (wheybolic is good protein just way over priced) and got him to buy a gold card
You could have spoken up. Honestly though, for some people it takes expensive suppys to get them in the gym enough and the placebo effect may be worth it. I feel like the initial fitness honeymoon period is generally marred by a bunch of "bad" decisions like that for a lot of peope.

I go to the vitamin shoppe, I don't get ripped off now because all I really get are multis, probiotics, fishoil and the same protein I've been using for about 2 years...

Btw Bros, for the past month and change I've finally got myself used to substituting my diet soda/juices with water during my meals, love the difference I feel and I'm actually seeing more of a change on my stubborn side fat!...crazy!

That crave for something sweet durin a meal is a serious hurdle, but well worth it.
Just drink water or milk. You're not breaking out of the sweet drink/sugar addiction/craving cycle by continuing with diet drinks.

Also, what kind of probiotic do you take - not brand but actual "species" of probiotics?

Also don't know how many of you guys have considered this, but if you don't have time to cool at home and eating out is a must, check your local hospital and their menu, I know hospital food has a bad rep, but good hospitals have good cafeterias that serve really healthy ****...I'm blessed with mines, they always have a good selection with calorie counts and all nutritional values of each meal, always have some sort of fish and chicken or chicken and meat, they have a grill and a frozen salad, fruit bar...

I recommend ya scouts those hospitals bros
:x Not working in a hospital, I find hospitals depressing and stressful, so I'll avoid em at all costs, but I guess if it works for you... I also find it hard to believe that a hospital would be more convenient that a decent grocery store or even a Whole Foods - maybe it's where I live though.

I just wrapped up my 1st month today. I really like the way the program is structured. What type of maintenance work do you do after the main lift?
I've done mainly Boring But Big for assistance but I do switch it up a fair amount - increase, decrease volume add in some fun stuff to keep things interesting and to target specific needs.

Just had a full conversation about noise canceling headsets with a 74 year old naked Caucasian male. I hate the gym now. :lol:
You probably made his day. A lot of old people get lonely and just need some human contact to keep em going. Doing be so self-centered, guy.

Had a solid workout today - got my 3x275 set on the bench - no real issues. Hit up a new Whole Foods (always a good selection of slightly overweight but cute hipster chicks working at WF by the way) and got me a buffalo steak - cooked that up for dinner - was really good. There's few better feelings than cooking up a good tasting, swole-inducing meal at the end of a long week.

Last edited:
Ah....I see DC....that's a fair point....guess for me is not hard at all...even for the people that don't work in the hospital it's pretty easy....but that's this hospital, can't speak for others.

Also don't know how many of you guys have considered this, but if you don't have time to cool at home and eating out is a must, check your local hospital and their menu, I know hospital food has a bad rep, but good hospitals have good cafeterias that serve really healthy ****...I'm blessed with mines, they always have a good selection with calorie counts and all nutritional values of each meal, always have some sort of fish and chicken or chicken and meat, they have a grill and a frozen salad, fruit bar...

I recommend ya scouts those hospitals bros
i will co-sign this. my mom works at a hospital and the food there is pretty damn good, and they also have a "health menu." she always gives me a heads up when they serving something good. the other day i had bbq chicken, steamed spinach and carrots, with a side of brown rice.

and it doesnt really bother me cause the caf at my hospital is basically a seperate building so i dont ever patients unless theyre eating too. 

i will co-sign this. my mom works at a hospital and the food there is pretty damn good, and they also have a "health menu." she always gives me a heads up when they serving something good. the other day i had bbq chicken, steamed spinach and carrots, with a side of brown rice.

and it doesnt really bother me cause the caf at my hospital is basically a seperate building so i dont ever patients unless theyre eating too. 

alot of hospitals stratigically place the cafeteria very seperate from patients floors, i mean its common sense bros....lol....the cafeteria is for visitors, patients get their food delivered to the room...not like you gonna be in line ordering food next to someone with influenza....bunch of punks! :lol:

How bad is sodium? I'm carb and calorie conscious but I'm now seeing results and want to get more serious.

How bad is sodium? I'm carb and calorie conscious but I'm now seeing results and want to get more serious.

i think sodium is worst than those two you mentioned....true story, sodium is the devil, you will never lean out if you dont watch the sodium intake.

Man...

...I'm in love with TruNutrition Science (KEEP IT DOWN GASPARI! YOU TOO BB AND ON!)

I'm sure it has a lot to do with their ratio of proteins in their blend, but man oh man if they taste this amazing with solely water I cannot imagine how they'd be with dairy!

Cinnabun made me a fan a few weeks back when I got my order in, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup tasted as the name states when that one was opened, tonight I popped Chocolate Dipped Banana open and blended it with some agua and ice... :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Made a microwave cake with the cinnabun as well tonight.

****, it's #1. No contest. Their net carbs are what made me order at this time with all of the great things i've read since I began this journey being 1.A, and holy moly i'm glad I did. Not to sound like a groupie but, WOW

HNNNNNNNNNNG

Last edited:

afaik, sodium is NOT the devil and high sodium intake does not have any long term health effects provided you don't have a pre-existing condition (high blood pressure). with that said, in the short term, it'll make you look bloated and keep you from looking lean. you can monitor your sodium intake by eating in and making your own meals. stay away especially from frozen foods (hot pockets, tv dinners, etc.).

Last edited:
Anyone ever take Yohimbine HCl?

Im pretty lean but I have a thin layer of fat over my abs I want to get rid of faster.. Planning to switch to IF paleo diet next week..

Feedback is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom