STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

bodybuilding. fitness biz is major league. especially how big the food industry is . think the toilet bowl industry caking too

Bodybuilders, if they get some good sponsorships, can make good money. There's a reason why a lot of them with Youtube channels can't talk about certain things, like whether they're natty or not.

Of course, there's plenty out there not making squat.

Powerlifters/strongmen need to be the best of the best to see any real money it seems.

20230225_105343.jpg

Is this a good enough angle for decline? I dont have any good decline machines in this gym.

Who makes more? Bodybuilders or Strongmen.

superficially it would seem bodybuilders but i can’t actually name any bodybuilders today but i know of a few strongman (hafthor/the mountain, larry wheels, brain shaw, martins lillic(sp))

bodybuilding. fitness biz is major league. especially how big the food industry is . think the toilet bowl industry caking too

huh?

Bodybuilders, if they get some good sponsorships, can make good money. There's a reason why a lot of them with Youtube channels can't talk about certain things, like whether they're natty or not.

Of course, there's plenty out there not making squat.

Powerlifters/strongmen need to be the best of the best to see any real money it seems.

i wonder if at the highest level if the sheer freakish feats of strength that strongmen do, gives the guys that get to top end a higher ceiling than in bodybuilding?

superficially it would seem bodybuilders but i can’t actually name any bodybuilders today but i know of a few strongman (hafthor/the mountain, larry wheels, brain shaw, martins lillic(sp))
aside from these guys, there isn't much really that are worth noting out of the Strongest Men competitors and how frequent or big the prize monies are.

your typical instagram poster can make a lot just by looking attractive and sexy.

there isn't really much strong man that you can say is goodlooking enough to get a lot of endorsement deals.

20230225_105343.jpg

Is this a good enough angle for decline? I dont have any good decline machines in this gym.

A homemade decline Steve Smiff bench press set-up?
picard.png

You don't even have the safeties engaged. **** looks unstable as hell. The feet of the bench can't even sit flat against the floor.
gdQ2jAf.png

You're obviously either trying to ship yourself off to the next dimension or at the very least wind up as one of these gym fail videos we post in here.

Good luck staying alive B.
6iyz-Jsi-d

A homemade decline Steve Smiff bench press set-up?
picard.png

You don't even have the safeties engaged. **** looks unstable as hell. The feet of the bench can't even sit flat against the floor.
gdQ2jAf.png

You're obviously either trying to ship yourself off to the next dimension or at the very least wind up as one of these gym fail videos we post in here.

Good luck staying alive B.
6iyz-Jsi-d
LMAO ....

But do I need more of an angle or is it enough for a decline press?

LMAO ....

But do I need more of an angle or is it enough for a decline press?

I usually do like 15-30° for incline and 20-45° for decline, so I'd say the angle is fine.

Other things I'd be more concerned about:
1) Using a Smith machine for any exercise other than maybe a calf raise
2) Decapitating myself in said Smith machine
3) Finding a gym with more equipment

I usually do like 15-30° for incline and 20-45° for decline, so I'd say the angle is fine.

Other things I'd be more concerned about:
1) Using a Smith machine for any exercise other than maybe a calf raise
2) Decapitating myself in said Smith machine
3) Finding a gym with more equipment
Smith machine is fine bro. I can load and go to failure without worrying about a spotter.

I used to hate the smith, but I rather be stable and control both the up and down than do barbell only to not push or dumbbells and be shaking all over. See it all the time and they suck.

huh?

i wonder if at the highest level if the sheer freakish feats of strength that strongmen do, gives the guys that get to top end a higher ceiling than in bodybuilding?
Seems like dudes like Eddie Hall have done well for themselves, but that's the one percent of one percent.

Seems like dudes like Eddie Hall have done well for themselves, but that's the one percent of one percent.

yea, i watched a vid where he was talking about his rehab process and homie was having a cyrotherapy tank in delivered & installed in his crib...IN HIS CRIB! all the strongmen i know of seem to be living pretty well, meanwhile i can't really think of a known bodybuilder? there for sure is more money to spread around in the fitness space for bodybuilders but it would seem the top strongmen are doing really well 🤷🏿‍♂️

Honestly it could go either way. The strongmen can run training camps for Wrestling/Football. If they got 15 kids paying $100 a month each, that's a lucrative side hustle for just an hour a day of work.

I got this coworker, he's 5'10'' 190 lbs...can't really classify him as either bodybuilder or strongman, but he's remarkable cause he's in his mid 40s and still has defined abs.

He doesn't own his own car....he has a nurse girlfriend who works 3 twelves, so when she's off work he gets to borrow her car. In addition to her, he has 3 fulltime girlfriends who all are convinced they're in a relationship. He's totally flipped the standard male-female dynamic in the sense the girlfriends buy him stuff and pay all the bills .
He only makes like 40k a year from our job, but the way his lifestyle is you would assume he was making at least $200k a year. He attends major concerts every few weeks, all the local home games (Bengals, Reds, Cyclones, FC). He wears designer clothes from Saks and Nordstrom. He was the first person in real life I seen rocking Balenciaga's.

None of the girlfriends are knockouts per se...his main demographic is washed up chicks in their mid to late 30s who've fallen off physically, but have prospered economically. He invites them to the gym and sells them a dream of getting back into prime physical condition, I'm assuming they do make some slight improvements for them to be kicking him so much money but ultimately most of them still got drooping stomachs, hunched over backs, neck craned forward and whatever is typical for middle aged women. He doesn't actually know anything about proper nutrition or eating habits, the only reason he's in such impressive shape is consistent working out for 20+ years.

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even go to the gym all that often. At one of his girlfriends cribs he has a set of 40 lb dumbbells he does overhead presses with, and some 30 and 20s he does flyes and lateral raises with. Another girlfriend who works as a paralegal at a law firm, lives in the Downtown area where there is a children's park. He does chin ups on the monkey bars, and dips on the parallels. And regardless of location, he can do push ups anywhere. Hell one time, I seen him in the break room with his feet elevated on the chair and he was experimenting with hand positioning to hit different areas of his chest.

Dudes biggest problem is the Drinking and Smoking. He goes thru a 12 pack of beer a week, and if it's a holiday he might get a bottle of Hennessey or Alize. He's cut down on his cigarettes and only smokes a half pack a day, but when combined with the beer drinking it still adds up to like $200-300 in monthly expense. A couple times he does no-call no shows causes he's too hungover, or one time he was locked up in jail for disorderly conduct but the judge released him on an OR bond as long as he promised to show up at a subsequent court date. But he never gets fired cause these incidents are spaced far enough he stays underneath the 12 point threshold to avoid complete termination.

Dude swindles money out of quite a few co-workers here, but there is a high turnover and half the people here don't even last a full year. Most of the people he "borrows" from, its to purchase Weed or party drugs like Molly or Xanax so after they realized they got conned, they can't really make a complaint otherwise they'd get in trouble themselves. But the main reason they trust him in the first place is cause he's in stunning shape and he's wearing True Religion an Ed Hardy shirts that emphasize his build.

I know I went off on a tangent...but if a guy like that, in spite of all his personality flaws and bad habits is able to enjoy a vibrant life, who's to say you can't legit make $200k a year?

I mean once your in above average shape your essentially a 24/7 walking advertisement...

Smith machine is fine bro. I can load and go to failure without worrying about a spotter.

I used to hate the smith, but I rather be stable and control both the up and down than do barbell only to not push or dumbbells and be shaking all over. See it all the time and they suck.

I mean I lift all the time without a spotter and never have any issues but I'll let you do you. That shaking all over is cause your stabilizers aren't used to actually working.
skip1.png

You know what? My bad dude. All you asked was is the angle coolio. It should be.

Be safe and try not to become a gym meme outchea.
Big Baller U Mad?(smiley size)

I mean I lift all the time without a spotter and never have any issues but I'll let you do you. That shaking all over is cause your stabilizers aren't used to actually working.
skip1.png

You know what? My bad dude. All you asked was is the angle coolio. It should be.

Be safe and try not to become a gym meme outchea.
Big Baller U Mad?(smiley size)
Never that bro ... thanks.

current total record holder in the 242lbs/110kg weight class.

and hes 6ft+, which honestly makes that more impressive.

why? i know it’s pretty accepted that being taller (which typically means longer limbs) makes some lifts more difficult but doesn’t it also make it a bit easier to be stronger as well?

why? i know it’s pretty accepted that being taller (which typically means longer limbs) makes some lifts more difficult but doesn’t it also make it a bit easier to be stronger as well?

height doesnt make it easier to get stronger.

being taller = more range of motion and the leverages arent advantageous compared to a shorter person when it comes to lifting.

height doesnt make it easier to get stronger.

being taller = more range of motion and the leverages arent advantageous compared to a shorter person when it comes to lifting.

Correct, assuming your limbs are also proportionally longer.

We got a 5'5" PL dude with long arms at the gym that can't even bench 3 wheels. He's pulling over 6.
50KS8.png

Long arms don't help on the bench (at all) and longer legs can make it more difficult to get into a good starting position and harder to learn how to use leg drive.

Long legs mean an increased ROM on squats. Not sure if longer arms are a con as long as you can get your hands and elbows in.

Long arms are actually kinda beneficial on the deadlift IME.

Back
Top Bottom