STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

so Ds sporting goods has(well had ) Olympic weight set 255 worth of plates Olympic bar. for 240. dude on market place bought 3 and is selling them for 550...

and we were worried about people sellin hand sanitizer for 5 bucks instead of 2....

Yea the same thing is happening in my area as well. I don't know how they're finding it in stock tho, I keep refreshing the page a few times a day and its always sold out within 100 miles of me.

same here but i' can wait a little bit, i probably wont be going back to a traditional gym for awhile if I end up getting this set.

How's everyone been getting by with their fitness? I've got resistance bands that I have been doing full body workouts with. Getting outside to shoot hoops/skate when I can as well

You obviously do not understand the difference between fitness, and powerlifting. Fitness is determined by other factors, outside of what you are able to lift. But its cool, because I can hit the speed bag, and then knock a mf’er out like you wish you could do, and that is because of those accessories that you are incapable of mastering. Get at me when you can run a six minute mile.

powerlifting is under the term “fitness”.
The word “fitness” is an umbrella term so learn that first.

And I love your logic of going straight to violence in this discussion, which further shows you know nothing.

what else would I expect from someone who tried to show off in this thread doing a leg press machine 🤦🏻‍♂️

but let’s go back to the original argument of saying that accessories are more taxing on the body than sbd.

So you think an accessory movement is a much more demanding movement in terms of neurological and muscular fatigue than a squat and a deadlift?

You are lost.

With all the heavy panting, breathing, coughing in a confined area and air circulation, seems like that's where you should wear it in the midst of a pandemic. Plus it wouldn't be the first i've seen a mask in a gym.

powerlifting is under the term “fitness”.
The word “fitness” is an umbrella term so learn that first.

And I love your logic of going straight to violence in this discussion, which further shows you know nothing.

what else would I expect from someone who tried to show off in this thread doing a leg press machine 🤦🏻‍♂️

but let’s go back to the original argument of saying that accessories are more taxing on the body than sbd.

So you think an accessory movement is a much more demanding movement in terms of neurological and muscular fatigue than a squat and a deadlift?

You are lost.
First off, there is no such thing as a bad exercise. However, due to the conditions and limitations of a trainee, certain exercises may be contraindicated to the condition of said trainee. For example, spinal issues, the inability to maintain neutral, will render certain exercises such as a squat or deadlift, downright dangerous for that trainee, therefor another exercise would be needed in order to provide safety, in order to improve the FITNESS of said individual. A leg press with a back support would suffice, IF it allows the trainee to move throughout a full or even partial range of motion, safely. Being able to deadlift, squat, or bench press does not determine ones overall fitness, which was my initial point. There are many, many people who cannot execute such movements, yet are incredibly fit individuals. However, there are many who routinely do such movements, while also ignoring aerobic conditioning due to the fear of losing strength, that can’t walk up a flight of stairs without becoming terribly fatigued, not being able to recover. There is no doubt that strength training brings about a faster metabolism, which leads to a fitter and better functioning body. But to suggest that certain exercises are a mandate in order to achieve such a result is completely ignorant, stupid, asinine. If you wanna be better at deadlifting? Deadlift. If you wanna be better at benching? Bench. However, if you wanna get fit? Exercise. The result is to have a better, healthier, and functioning body.

First off, there is no such thing as a bad exercise. However, due to the conditions and limitations of a trainee, certain exercises may be contraindicated to the condition of said trainee. For example, spinal issues, the inability to maintain neutral, will render certain exercises such as a squat or deadlift, downright dangerous for that trainee, therefor another exercise would be needed in order to provide safety, in order to improve the FITNESS of said individual. A leg press with a back support would suffice, IF it allows the trainee to move throughout a full or even partial range of motion, safely. Being able to deadlift, squat, or bench press does not determine ones overall fitness, which was my initial point. There are many, many people who cannot execute such movements, yet are incredibly fit individuals. However, there are many who routinely do such movements, while also ignoring aerobic conditioning due to the fear of losing strength, that can’t walk up a flight of stairs without becoming terribly fatigued, not being able to recover. There is no doubt that strength training brings about a faster metabolism, which leads to a fitter and better functioning body. But to suggest that certain exercises are a mandate in order to achieve such a result is completely ignorant, stupid, asinine. If you wanna be better at deadlifting? Deadlift. If you wanna be better at benching? Bench. However, if you wanna get fit? Exercise. The result is to have a better, healthier, and functioning body.

m8390y.gif

The only time it's mandatory to S/B/D is if you're a competitor. Otherwise, there are dozens and dozens of alternatives. Should still do the big 3 if your situation allows for it though, for the bang-for-your-buck factor alone.

I think it was Dorian Yates who won his Mr. Olympias without free weight squats for most of his career.

But like other experienced bodybuilders Yates experimented with other methods of putting on muscle for his legs. He has stated that the hack squat (smith machine squat) and the leg press improved his leg development far more than doing heavy free weight squats with a barbell.

what you wrote is true, but it also shows you know very, very little about modern day powerlifting or how powerlifter's train.
you're under the assumption that powerlifters only squat, bench, and deadlift 24/7.

powerlifters do accessories, we do stretches, and if there's a weak point, we dedicate the off season to work on those weak points be it fixing movement patterns, accessories, etc.

accessories are JUST as important to powerlifters as SBD. why? because a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle which leads to a bigger SBD.

idk if you know, but most powerlifters these days arent fat slobs like they were in the early 2000 and before.
just look at the top powerlifters in today's time

screenshot-20200316-165652.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

you think all they did was SBD to get where they were?

Like I said, you know very little about modern day powerlifting.

^^^ Looking at those deadlift pics, has anyone tried a "thick grip" barbell? Works wonders for me and stimulates additional muscles. Just a thought

Abott just stated the opening of Texas slowly.

I'm clear on my golds contract but, i have two months on my trufit contract left. Was hoping this shutdown of non ess would keep rolling lol.

I'm waiting to see how these number move when people start stepping out.

My golds was pretty clean. I'd wipe whatever i used before and after i used it. But my trufit location. Nobody was wiping down anything.

Abott just stated the opening of Texas slowly.

I'm clear on my golds contract but, i have two months on my trufit contract left. Was hoping this shutdown of non ess would keep rolling lol.

I'm waiting to see how these number move when people start stepping out.

My golds was pretty clean. I'd wipe whatever i used before and after i used it. But my trufit location. Nobody was wiping down anything.

Where you at in TX? ATX here...

what you wrote is true, but it also shows you know very, very little about modern day powerlifting or how powerlifter's train.
you're under the assumption that powerlifters only squat, bench, and deadlift 24/7.

powerlifters do accessories, we do stretches, and if there's a weak point, we dedicate the off season to work on those weak points be it fixing movement patterns, accessories, etc.

accessories are JUST as important to powerlifters as SBD. why? because a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle which leads to a bigger SBD.

idk if you know, but most powerlifters these days arent fat slobs like they were in the early 2000 and before.
just look at the top powerlifters in today's time

screenshot-20200316-165652.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

you think all they did was SBD to get where they were?

Like I said, you know very little about modern day powerlifting.
You’ve moved the goal posts, so I will reiterate my point. You do not need to do any so called big three, in order to be fit, to get into shape, nor to be healthy and strong. I do not care as to what powerlifters do, modern or old school. The point is, fitness is not determined through powerlifting,. To give an apt example, just because you can’t fight, does not mean that you are not in shape. It simply means that you can’t fight.
A84D3DCA-9F6E-43E9-8AC8-4E6ED17D5D33.gif

You’ve moved the goal posts, so I will reiterate my point. You do not need to do any so called big three, in order to be fit, to get into shape, nor to be healthy and strong. I do not care as to what powerlifters do, modern or old school. The point is, fitness is not determined through powerlifting,. To give an apt example, just because you can’t fight, does not mean that you are not in shape. It simply means that you can’t fight.
A84D3DCA-9F6E-43E9-8AC8-4E6ED17D5D33.gif

your original post stated "especially those who never took their fitness seriously, only concentrating on the so called big 3."

aka powerlifters.

and im correcting you letting you know powerlifters do a lot more than the big 3 and powerlifting is a form of fitness

no goal post was moved here. but carry on.

Back
Top Bottom