STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I mean I understand why people don’t do them but no one says you gotta lift at 95%.

But yeah other lifts work too. I just dl. More bang for the buck.

Yes. And thats not me ****ting on the strength of that athlete. I know hes strong af, but he had two "trainers" there not correcting him. Any sport or lifting style with bad form will lead to injury.

On top of other factors such as not enough rest in between or not taking a deload week.
Those cats are built mentally for the punishment, they have to get back out there every weekend. Many of training staffs in professional sports are indeed inept, and it is why I took a bow from that enterprise long ago. Their only goal is to get the players back out there, ala Kevin Durant.

In that vid, the quarter squat, he didn't have to go that heavy, it was stupid. That was indeed an ego lift. Now the Box Jump? That was impressive.

I mean I understand why people don’t do them but no one says you gotta lift at 95%.

But yeah other lifts work too. I just dl. More bang for the buck.
Improper bio-mechanics, structural flaws, for women it could be something as simple as sacrum issues. To serve any athlete the best, you gotta find the best exercise that works for them. That is why I am so impressed with the Para Olympic athletes. Everything you think that you know as a bodybuilder, fitness buff, gets thrown out of the window. What they do, and how they figure out how to get it done, is incredible.

Speaking of Ronnie. He's back in the gym and it appears he actually let his body rest before going back and he isn't lifting as heavy
Horrible what happened to him, but in watching the doc, you can tell that he knew the risk. His aw shucks thing is funny to me.

Horrible what happened to him, but in watching the doc, you can tell that he knew the risk. His aw shucks thing is funny to me.
Yeah he made it clear he knew the risks. Think he outright says he would do one more rep when he squatted 800

So the dude with degrees, that actually trains athletes says to deadlift, but yal saying not to? Lmfao, i gotta block this dude now.

Only gone past 3 plates on DL once in the past maybe 6mths. Threw on 5plates one day, still got it :pimp:. Usually just do a bunch of volume at 2plates, I don't care to be going heavy or moving all those plates anymore :lol: same with squats.

Haven't barbell benched in forever or barbell shoulder press. DBs FTW.

There was a guy squatting 315 with no hands yesterday... He balances the bar on his back and does his squats.
I was doing rows next to him and he almost lost it. No one is coming to the rescue when 315lbs is crashing down.

I seen a chick that had one arm squatting on the Smith machine. She had a prosthetic that was just metal on the side she lost her arm. It was holding her phone and she was watching her show/movie. Dope af :pimp: :lol:

:lol: just lifting and casually watching tv.

There is this dude in my gym in a wheelchair. The whole gym knows him since he’s always there and lives across the street.

We all pick him up and put him on machines and load the plates for him. I respect tf out of that dude. For one he has the balls to ask strangers to help get him on machines and he puts in work.

So for the new study, which was funded by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and published this month in the Journal of Applied Physiology, he and his colleagues recruited 49 young men who had been weight training for a year or more. (The scientists plan to study women and older people in future studies.)

All completed tests of strength, fitness, hormone levels and muscular health, then were randomly divided into two groups.

One group was assigned to follow the standard regimen, in which weights were set at between 75 and 90 percent of the man’s one-repetition maximum and the volunteer lifted until he could not lift again, usually after about 10 repetitions.

The other volunteers began the lighter routine. Their weights were set at between 30 and 50 percent of each man’s one-repetition maximum, and he lifted them as many as 25 times, until the muscles were exhausted.https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016...&gwh=68F453CC2C8F63A6FE84265B2421591B&gwt=pay

I remember Sohee Lee posting something similar on IG and I was skeptical at first, but she knows her stuff and it's all scientifically backed. Definitely interesting. Need to read more on this.

Glad I found this thread, I had been typing in all types of **** trying to find it :lol:

I deadlift, I just don't pull from the ground anymore because I'm taller.

How many sets and reps do you guys do for deadlifts if you mix them in on back day?

Lol I knew that vid would get people talking. His bottom line point is assess what you actually need to do and work on that. Don’t do something because it’s THE workout you have to do based on bro science or low T boys “insider” knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom