STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Most people don't actually read the science behind the **** they're doing. The consensus still tells you that aside from using steroids and being a beginner that you can't build muscle and lose fat.
Yup, they are motivated by look and then not function. They'll listen to some gym rat with an agenda, someone who'll take advantage of a gullible individual. People like this think that if you look good, then you must know what you are doing. That is that IG pull on display.

This whole fitness thing isn't new, but if you listen to some, they'll make the gullible think that they are the only ones who know how to do anything. You'll see those stupid meme's if you don't squat, you don't get legs.

All egotistical, insecure bullcrap.

Yeah I remember some meathead coming up to me at the gym when I was younger and adamantly telling me to touch the bar to my chest on bench press, even though my body was disagreeing with it.

People love to just force their own methods on you.

So for the new study, which was funded by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and published this month in the Journal of Applied Physiology, he and his colleagues recruited 49 young men who had been weight training for a year or more. (The scientists plan to study women and older people in future studies.)

All completed tests of strength, fitness, hormone levels and muscular health, then were randomly divided into two groups.

One group was assigned to follow the standard regimen, in which weights were set at between 75 and 90 percent of the man’s one-repetition maximum and the volunteer lifted until he could not lift again, usually after about 10 repetitions.

The other volunteers began the lighter routine. Their weights were set at between 30 and 50 percent of each man’s one-repetition maximum, and he lifted them as many as 25 times, until the muscles were exhausted.https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016...&gwh=68F453CC2C8F63A6FE84265B2421591B&gwt=pay

You know Jeff had to speak on it lol

What is his background? Does he participate in the case studies that determine what actually works, or is it simply his opinion? I have never heard of him, not that it's saying anything.

Last edited:
Deadlifts are the most overhyped, misused/overused lift. People are going to have some ****** Up backs, knees and joints in their mid-later years... I only do straight deadlift with light dumbbells. Very easy, but effective burn for the hamstrings, lower back, and core.

Idk how you haven't heard of him. One of the more thorough dudes there are in his lane on youtuve

Deadlifts are the most overhyped, misused/overused lift. People are going to have some ****ed Up backs, knees and joints in their mid-later years... I only do straight deadlift with light dumbbells. Very easy, but effective burn for the hamstrings, lower back, and core.
LOL! There are insurance companies now that claim that they will lower your premium of you can dead lift your body weight, and or also run an 8 minute mile.:lol:

LOL! There are insurance companies now that claim that they will lower your premium of you can dead lift your body weight, and or also run an 8 minute mile.:lol:

Of course insurance companies would try to exploit others damaging their bodies. Manipulative marketing tactic.

Idk how you haven't heard of him. One of the more thorough dudes there are in his lane on youtuve
I don't you tube scientific info.:lol: I go directly to NYU, or one of the other Universities here in NYC that have such info, then am also subscribed to the New England Journal of Medicine.

On the topic of pro athletes not being great lifters or having **** form, lets remember that garbage squat that was posted a few pages back.

Yup, they are motivated by look and then not function. They'll listen to some gym rat with an agenda, someone who'll take advantage of a gullible individual. People like this think that if you look good, then you must know what you are doing. That is that IG pull on display.

This whole fitness thing isn't new, but if you listen to some, they'll make the gullible think that they are the only ones who know how to do anything. You'll see those stupid meme's if you don't squat, you don't get legs.

All egotistical, insecure bullcrap.

Most of this **** is diet and genetics anyway.
If you have genetically weak legs, you can do a million squats and nothing’s gonna come of it :rofl:

I don't you tube scientific info.:lol: I go directly to NYU, or one of the other Universities here in NYC that have such info, then am also subscribed to the New England Journal of Medicine.
He's not just a YouTube dude. He has a background

You are speaking of that quarter squat, correct?
Yes. And thats not me ****ting on the strength of that athlete. I know hes strong af, but he had two "trainers" there not correcting him. Any sport or lifting style with bad form will lead to injury.

On top of other factors such as not enough rest in between or not taking a deload week.

Speaking of Ronnie. He's back in the gym and it appears he actually let his body rest before going back and he isn't lifting as heavy

Nothing wrong with deadlifting. Don’t blame the lift on your injury. Do it right.
You right, nothing wrong with it, but it isn't necessary. There are other options to gain strength throughout the hip girdle, that are not as high risk.

Back
Top Bottom