STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

3746A1E6-D1E1-47A2-9171-D7EFFDDB3B61.jpeg

Win, I ordered the closeout chrome power bar and they accidentally sent the new one that is like 100 more.

Thankfully I got access to a fork lift so I could just throw the whole pallet in my truck. Still sucked balls carrying all that from my garage to my basement. Now I got like 400 boxes. :lol:

So far so good on the quality. Rack is sturdy, def worth the 300 with dip handle. Bench seems well worth 200.

The bar is legit af though. The knurling is nice it’s not opb rough but still def there. It’s finer.

I don’t think the pads will get wobely since that metal is so wide on the back. Is it commercial quality? Nah, except the bar. Is it worth the 1300 I paid with shipping? For sure.

Edit, benching now. Bench is stable so far and I really like how the knurling doesn’t go all the way to the collar. It slides in the j hooks so it’s super easy to get centered.

Attachments

• C5808161-0533-4FE3-89E8-C7807712D7BB.jpeg
    C5808161-0533-4FE3-89E8-C7807712D7BB.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Anyone in here tried the Perfect Push up off of Amazon..debating on getting one just for home workouts

Messed around with somebody's set at the office in the past.
scust.png
Didn't really see a benefit. Having your shoulders/arms rotate like that during reps seemed kinda
patrice.png
and they were pretty uncomfortable for me to use. I have long arms though.

Coming from somebody that has to do push-ups for work, you might as well save that money like aNYone aNYone said. Would not take a free set/10.

Edit, benching now. Bench is stable so far and I really like how the knurling doesn’t go all the way to the collar. It slides in the j hooks so it’s super easy to get centered.

Repped.

And negged. Like the knurling so rough I have to use gloves for all my sets. :lol:

Brosky trying to get me into powerlifting. Doing cleans and all that crap. Ish too complicated, gotta lift up pause jerk my hip forward...not feelin it.

Olympic lifting*

Yeah don't let someone who doesn't know what they're doing try and teach you how to do those lifts.
Says he did them throughout high school and they're good for fatburn and all that. Too me it just look like lifting heavy weight for it own sake in some odd ways

Says he did them throughout high school and they're good for fatburn and all that. Too me it just look like lifting heavy weight for it own sake in some odd ways

Yeah certain lifts aren't catered towards burning fat so tell him to just be quiet.

I may rustle some feathers here but if youre just looking to burn fat, get in better shape etc then theres no reason to do specific olympic lifts, squat and deadlifts are good but other than that theres no need to risk injury unless you plan on competing one day.

Yeah certain lifts aren't catered towards burning fat so tell him to just be quiet.

I may rustle some feathers here but if youre just looking to burn fat, get in better shape etc then theres no reason to do specific olympic lifts, squat and deadlifts are good but other than that theres no need to risk injury unless you plan on competing one day.

this man does the lifting...

Repped.

And negged. Like the knurling so rough I have to use gloves for all my sets. :lol:

Repped for lifting, negged for gloves.

And yeah, you need an oly coach for oly lifting. You shouldn’t even have weight on the bar for the first couple months. It’s a lot of practice without weight.

If you wanna burn fat do total body every other day with squats every time you lift.

Repped for lifting, negged for gloves.

And yeah, you need an oly coach for oly lifting. You shouldn’t even have weight on the bar for the first couple months. It’s a lot of practice without weight.

If you wanna burn fat do total body every other day with squats every time you lift.

all of this. Oly lifts aren’t something you want to jump into. you definitely want to stay light until you figure out the details to the form and timing. my guess is that if you’re you’re “trying to burn fat” your probably not going as light as you should to learn the lift. I also wouldn’t want to learn from some one who “did cleans in high school” My guess is that his form is probably not great.

Yeah not interested in none of that clean and jerk stuff.
Thats what I'm saying!

all of this. Oly lifts aren’t something you want to jump into. you definitely want to stay light until you figure out the details to the form and timing. my guess is that if you’re you’re “trying to burn fat” your probably not going as light as you should to learn the lift. I also wouldn’t want to learn from some one who “did cleans in high school” My guess is that his form is probably not great.

Yea we definitely did not lift light enough for a newcomer. He actually added weight when we started. We did 50lb rows with the bar then he added 20 lbs to the same bar saying I should be able to handle it when he tried to teach me cleans. Man I'm just glad I didn't jack up my back. Few times even he said if those lifts had gone another way I'd be in trouble.

Finally can lift only wearing board shorts. :lol:

Hit legs went in on quads.

4x3 squat 3 plates
Front 4x10 135
5x20 goblet squat holding 45# plate

Curl n dips.

I think I’m gonna switch to

Push/pull (horizontal)
Legs
Push/pull (vertical+shoulder accessory)
Legs (posterior)
Deadlift

Last edited:

As I’ve gotten older and with my back issues over the years.

Rack pulls > deadlifts.

I haven’t pulled from the ground in a very long time.

I agree that Olympic lifts shouldn’t be a first resort for newcomers to the fitness game, but they are amazing compound lifts with tons of benefits if done correctly.

Hang cleans are a great movement that incorporates so many muscle groups.

Hit a quick mini Murph session this AM.

• Weighted 20lb mile beach run
• 160 push ups
• 200 squats
• weighted 20lb mile beach run

You all enjoy your 4th!!!

The quest to 200lbs is so close....

Soon come... soon come.

CE4F4AC7-058C-4C1B-AD8D-3C0C8902CE08.jpeg

What you at now?

Back
Top Bottom