STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

been a while since i posted in here, but keto macros > reg macros. i've been on it since 4/1 and i've been able to put on more muscle mass and shred fat without doing dedicated cardio. went 30 days straight, took 5 days off, went a couple weeks, took 2 days off, been back on and just took yesterday off. basically, i'm just carb cycling at this point. i dont feel as bloaded as when i ate carbs regularly and it hasnt affected my lifts.

so, i had been thinking about getting a Whoop for a while and finally picked one up the other day. i gotta say, i’ve been wearing it since tuesday and have been pretty impressed. you wear this thing 24hrs a day and it tracks everything. calories burned, strain, recovery (day to day). you put in the days you want to “perform” and it adjust you sleep telling you you need more hours to recover for those days.

here’s my data from today
526C8F3C-6351-43EB-B3C8-3F927CC6494D.png

https://www.whoop.com/

About to get back on my shut again need some motivation from my NT brothers oh and a nice regiment would be nice too

You guys know of any other shorts with the built in compression short underneath? Jed north has some good ones. And I tried to scoop the darc sports ones tonight but they sold out in 3 minutes. They're some of my favorite shorts tho. Good fit. Good compression. Looks good.

Darc Sport is a ******* joke. Theyre missing out on thousands if not tens of thousands dollars worth of sales all because they want to make everything they release "numbered". Ive literally bought one shirt from them and when it got to me it had what looked like a burn hole in it with black streaks going down it. Their customer service sucks too.

Well, I know that some people here aren't going to pay attention to this, super sets and drop sets. He is only doing accessory lifts. His physique is either not natural, or he has superior gene's, the freak of nature that was spoken of....or he has millions of dollars and can afford the best trainers and diet advice. Who needs to curl more than thirty pound dumbbells?
:lol:

I got a lot of time for like 2 weeks. How important are rest days ? Ive been going to the gym for like 8 days in a row. I feel fine just a little sore.

I’ve been hitting the gym for 5 days a week now for a couple years but i just didnt have a break from school/work till now.

Shoutout bwood056 bwood056 , well done. Just know you ain't finna be da almighty trap god forever.
aqDwC.png

Smdh. Idk why I thought this **** would be a good idea. UV Index 10, 66% humidity. 88°F but feels like 95 outside.
damn.png

Hero WOD: Murph (aka Body Armor) -- Rx, unpartitioned; in the plate carrier with the Level IV's in (≈20lbs.)
1 Mile Run: (10:43)
Pull-ups (strict): 100 (25:01)
Push-ups: 200 (26:36)
Air Squats: 300 (21:27)
1 Mile Run: (11:35)

Total time: 1hr, 51mins.
dead.png

Notes:
1] Took way longer than I thought it would. My conditioning really ain't ****.:lol:
2] Never really ran with the plate carrier on. Now I know why.
3] Like Towelie said, "Don't Forget To Bring A Towel!"
4] Haven't sweated that much since I was in the sand downrange.
5] Prolly should ate a bigger dinner last night.
6] Powerbeats aint ****.
7] Never weighed over 220 on da scale before (still had the carrier on).:smokin
8] Always check the WOD. Was finna run 1.5miles twice for some damn reason.:smh:

Also, shoutout that Coli cold shower thread. When that ice cold water hit the meat.
rejoice.png
diddydatazz2.png
dame2.png

Shoutout bwood056 bwood056 , well done. Just know you ain't finna be da almighty trap god forever.
aqDwC.png

Smdh. Idk why I thought this **** would be a good idea. UV Index 10, 66% humidity. 88°F but feels like 95 outside.
damn.png

Hero WOD: Murph (aka Body Armor) -- Rx, unpartitioned; in the plate carrier with the Level IV's in (≈20lbs.)

dead.png

Notes:
1] Took way longer than I thought it would. My conditioning really ain't ****.:lol:
6] Powerbeats aint ****.
8] Always check the WOD. Was finna run 1.5miles twice for some damn reason.:smh:

Also, shoutout that Coli cold shower thread. When that ice cold water hit the meat.
rejoice.png
diddydatazz2.png
dame2.png

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
Warming up as we speak

79 F. 69% Humidity feels like 82

aqDwC.png

damn.png

dead.png

Notes:
6] Powerbeats aint ****.

rejoice.png
diddydatazz2.png
dame2.png

Where did you do it at?

I know you’re in tampa too.

**** was brutal heat wise

I got a lot of time for like 2 weeks. How important are rest days ? Ive been going to the gym for like 8 days in a row. I feel fine just a little sore.

I've done 7, 8 days in a row before. YMMV but I feel like my CNS takes more of a beating than my actual muscles at that point.

I guess at that point it would depend on which muscle groups you are hitting and how [your split], and what you are doing [exercise selection] and how much you're doing [your volume]. If you're doing a bro split with only a few compound lifts here and there, or you count abs and cardio as 'days', 8 in a row is prolly more doable. If you're doing PHAT, U/L, PPL, Arnold Split, etc with high volume and multple multi-joint barbell lifts per session, it's prolly a terrible idea.

I would never recommend more than 5-6 days a week/in a row for the vast majority (95%) of people. I don't know you personally, but I would say if you constantly feel fatigued, begin to feel rundown, your weight/numbers start dropping, you're doing too much.

first, I know we have some military men in here so thank you guys for your service. Appreciate what you guys do for us. And to the ones that lost a family member or friend while serving :emoji_pray:

i did murph yesterday morning..
Unpartitioned
~ weighted vest 19# tho :lol: the condor sentry vest a lb lighter than the 5.11

My legs were shot 2/3rds the way through the squats and felt like bricks during the last mile :lol:

Total time: 1 hour 22 mins 06 secs

For some reason my Nike run app stopped in the middle of my first mile and I know I burned more than 291 cals doing this wod :smh:
FADA1AEC-6199-43BA-8677-234A7BD499F7.jpeg
D5EB5DE9-E4F2-45A5-A6CD-FBCB26E80132.png

Back
Top Bottom