STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I need some new headphones, mine broke few days ago. Not mad at lifting without music tho

Was rocking wit AZ whole discography before they broke

Damn, you a real one.

I'm thrown off if I don't have my music, weights feel heavier, not as much energy.

Shouts to AZ though, Doe Or Die album is a classic.

Damn, you a real one.

I'm thrown off if I don't have my music, weights feel heavier, not as much energy.

Shouts to AZ though, Doe Or Die album is a classic.

AZ the visualiza. Top5 for me, mad underrated.

Gonna grab some headphones today tho, need some without wires of any kind i keep messing those up lol

I need some new headphones, mine broke few days ago. Not mad at lifting without music tho
Jaybird X2 
pimp.gif

Just picked up the Bluetooth Bose Soundsports ($163 with tax) and lifted immediately after. They're replacing my wired Bose Soundsports (which you can get now for ~$100) that started cutting out in the right ear after 10-11 months... Bose replaced that pair quickly and I've had them for the past year and half or so (using them 4-6 times a week). In the past few months, I've noticed the same issue I had with the first pair (sound cutting out of the right ear from wear and tear around the plug), which is why I picked up the Bluetooth pair yesterday. Both have great sound and are sweatproof.

Overall, I haven't found a better package than Bose for quality sound and construction. That being said, a few initial impressions from my Bluetooth pair:
1. Max volume is 70-80% of my wired pair (but the bass seems fuller)
2. Battery life is 6 hours (lower than I'd like)
3. The earbuds fit well but, as a whole, protrude a decent amount but don't look too weird

Overall, they'll take some getting used to in certain ways, but I like them and think I'll keep them. If you're interested, I can update my feelings on them in a week or two.

Hope this helps!

Just picked up the Bluetooth Bose Soundsports ($163 with tax) and lifted immediately after. They're replacing my wired Bose Soundsports (which you can get now for ~$100) that started cutting out in the right ear after 10-11 months... Bose replaced that pair quickly and I've had them for the past year and half or so (using them 4-6 times a week). In the past few months, I've noticed the same issue I had with the first pair (sound cutting out of the right ear from wear and tear around the plug), which is why I picked up the Bluetooth pair yesterday. Both have great sound and are sweatproof.

Overall, I haven't found a better package than Bose for quality sound and construction. That being said, a few initial impressions from my Bluetooth pair:
1. Max volume is 70-80% of my wired pair (but the bass seems fuller)
2. Battery life is 6 hours (lower than I'd like)
3. The earbuds fit well but, as a whole, protrude a decent amount but don't look too weird

Overall, they'll take some getting used to in certain ways, but I like them and think I'll keep them. If you're interested, I can update my feelings on them in a week or two.

Hope this helps!

When I was on my Bluetooth hunt it was between these and the Powerbeats. I too had the Bose wired soundsport which were/are amazing. But ultimately I went with Powerbeats. Powerbeats could never mess with Bose sonically but what pushed me to get the beats(as a Christmas gift) was

1. Seamless integration with my apple products

2. 12 hour battery + fast fuel (5 min charges get 1 hr of play time)

3. The soundsport just sticks out to much while in ear and looks funny to me

I just finished one cycle of Ogus 753 (only for bench) and thought I'd give a quick review of it. this is the first program I have ever incorporated into my workouts... I currently 3 1/2 years into lifting as well

week 1: 7 sets of 5 @ 80% max

week 2: 10 sets of 3 @ 85% max

week 3: 5 sets of 7 @ 75% max

week 4: 4 sets of 9  @ 70% max (deload week)

So I did everything two times since I hit chest/tri twice a week. My previous max bench was 225 and now its 230.

I used to struggle getting 185 as well (could only rep it 5x) but now I can rep it 7-8x for multiple sets.

Keep in mind I did a lot of accessory work so I cant say directly that the bench program is what raised my numbers but I did enjoy the program for bench overall.

Overall I think its a pretty good program and im going to run a second cycle on it with my new max. I also just began this cycle with my deadlift so i'll update yall on that as well.

Last edited:
The Kg to LBs conversion is killing me. Hit 325 on bench yesterday with ease. Figured I go to 325. For a PR. Attempted failed miserably. Just to realize it was actually 337
I was feeling crazy confident after that 325 too

Gym playlist I have 3.
Rock for leg day and crazy cardio some chest
Rap for back day chest day
Tech N9ne for shoulders abs and some back

When I was on my Bluetooth hunt it was between these and the Powerbeats. I too had the Bose wired soundsport which were/are amazing. But ultimately I went with Powerbeats. Powerbeats could never mess with Bose sonically but what pushed me to get the beats(as a Christmas gift) was

1. Seamless integration with my apple products

2. 12 hour battery + fast fuel (5 min charges get 1 hr of play time)

3. The soundsport just sticks out to much while in ear and looks funny to me

Definitely agree on 2 & 3... I was eying the Powerbeats 3 @$125 + tax from Best Buy but decided against them for a couple of reasons.

1. Didn't like the over the ear design of the Beats
2. Would have to wait a few days for shipping (online deal only and I was excited to work out)
3. I've been consistently impressed by every Bose product I've owned, especially their warranty

As for your first point, I've had zero issues connecting to my iPhone 6 with my Soundsports and the Bose Bluetooth app, while a bit redundant in my eyes, is a nice touch and features battery life, updates, etc.

I'm excited to squat/leg press with my new SoundSports, since that's where I notice the most cutting out (probably due to the cord plug stretching/rubbing in my pocket)

Has anyone seen soundview and his 17 PRs this week?
damn, I just posted after you without seeing the last page. Then I see this lmaooo. 17 prs this week I'm dead. I still failed that 315 squat tho.

"You almost had it you gotta be quicker than that"

My bad. Got my final tomorrow and getting ready for graduation. Ain't been on here in a min.

Last edited:
damn, I just posted after you without seeing the last page. Then I see this lmaooo. 17 prs this week I'm dead. I still failed that 315 squat tho.

"You almost had it you gotta be quicker than that"

My bad. Got my final tomorrow and getting ready for graduation. Ain't been on here in a min.
Why are you doing all this what is your goal? Do you have something to sell because I'll buy it right now

I'm dead serious I'll shoot you money right now for an excel spreadsheet detailing diet and training requirements to hit multiple PRs a week deep in a cut. Where do I send the $ and how much?

Back
Top Bottom