STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

5 PLATE SHAWTY FINALLY.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Welcome to the club 
pimp.gif

I have a feeling yours is a confidence issue and not a form one since you were able to hit it for a double, don't be afraid of some form breakdown on max attempts, its not meant to be pretty.

5 PLATE SHAWTY FINALLY. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Like I said earlier heavy DL day.

135x5 225x5 315x3, 405x1 495 fail. :smh:

Got really discouraged, got the bar up easy but couldn't lock out.

Had an OG powerlifter in my gym who came over to me and gave me some words of encouragement and helped me with my form.

Went back and hit 495 for 2 reps clean.

Best feeling on a PR so far, 5 plates had been elusive for about a month now and finally got it.

Finished up with heavy DB chest presses and back rows.

So pumped man, my girl also hit a DL PR @ 265 lbs.

That's my dawg!! (smokey voice)

Heres me hitting going the 4 plate bench club exactly one year ago.

Sad part is its barely moved since then 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Gainz are getting slower these days bros 

Last edited:
@ahat20 salutes to you fam!

Keep it up!!!

Keep working on neutral back and breaking parallel.

Looks great!

I see you going barefoot, thats how I learned to squat, went from there to chucks to Romaleos. Give the depth time, its easy for people to tell you to go lower but way different when the weight is on your back, I don't bury a lot of mine.

Appreciate it fellas!

Man in his feels that the NT swole fam hittin heavy at the gym while I'm dealing with some stomach bug or something.

Welcome to the club :pimp:

I have a feeling yours is a confidence issue and not a form one since you were able to hit it for a double, don't be afraid of some form breakdown on max attempts, its not meant to be pretty.

I definitely feel the same way considering I've been flirting in that range for a while.

Once I finally saw the weight lifted in my hands it was such a mentally freeing feeling that the second rep was easier than the first.

My strength was shot the rest of the workout though and now I'm exhausted at 9:40 pm. :lol:

Still managed to hit 105x5 on incline DB chest though. :pimp:

So I've been reading this:

Third of the way through, really good read so far. Along the way it touched on Coke and Pepsi soda wars and their dominant marketing strategies that has them on every street corner and vending machine.

And lately, for some reason, I've been craving more soda [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Brand power and programming is so real. Prior to these last two weeks probably drank half a can once a month if that.

Reminded me of how I got to be so big all those years ago before I switched it up. Definitely have more empathy for those who struggle with cutting it out.

skipped back and bi today.... its 11 pm and i already showered and i just finished my hw... thinking about getting a late night work out in 
nerd.gif

5 PLATE SHAWTY FINALLY. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Like I said earlier heavy DL day.

135x5 225x5 315x3, 405x1 495 fail. :smh:

Got really discouraged, got the bar up easy but couldn't lock out.

Had an OG powerlifter in my gym who came over to me and gave me some words of encouragement and helped me with my form.

Went back and hit 495 for 2 reps clean.

Best feeling on a PR so far, 5 plates had been elusive for about a month now and finally got it.

Finished up with heavy DB chest presses and back rows.

So pumped man, my girl also hit a DL PR @ 265 lbs.
so you pulled 500 or just 495x2?

Heres me hitting going the 4 plate bench club exactly one year ago.

Sad part is its barely moved since then :smh: :lol:

Gainz are getting slower these days bros 

Sounds like silent Mike saying he benched 315 in high school and still only benches 315 :lol:

that feeling when your gut hits your quads as you squat cause you did nothing but eat and drink today.

buried my squats and my arteries today.

Sounds like silent Mike saying he benched 315 in high school and still only benches 315
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 yeah but then I just gotta realize that progress isn't always adding weight but sometimes speed can be a sign of progress as well.

I think he is cutting again and deep down wants to be a crossfitter
laugh.gif

more intrigued by your food/sneaker posts.

Thanks my friend, don't be a ghost follower you better like my ****!!
I just looked and left [emoji]128123[/emoji][emoji]128123[/emoji][emoji]128123[/emoji][emoji]128123[/emoji]

Didn't know you were into kicks. I mean your collection sucks. Minus the yeezys. Cause they're expensive. But it ain't touching mine [emoji]128520[/emoji]

so you pulled 500 or just 495x2?

He said 5 plate club which is 495 most of the time. If he doubled it then he can easily hit 500 though.
so he didn't hit 500. He hit 495x2. I see. I saw.

I'll buy him a "495x2 deadlift club" shirt

so im a fatass , 5'11 240.....i want to get in shape. When i was younger i was into basketball and that kept me in shape or skinny atleast til about 16-17 years old. I can play basketball on my own but dont really have any friends to play with so maybe a gym membership would be more successful. My question is, what do i do if i don't know how to lift? I dont care about getting huge, i just want to look better and fit in my clothes again. Tips NT fams, im a newb :/

so im a fatass , 5'11 240.....i want to get in shape. When i was younger i was into basketball and that kept me in shape or skinny atleast til about 16-17 years old. I can play basketball on my own but dont really have any friends to play with so maybe a gym membership would be more successful. My question is, what do i do if i don't know how to lift? I dont care about getting huge, i just want to look better and fit in my clothes again. Tips NT fams, im a newb :/

Losing weight is more about diet than exercising. Don't get me wrong, exercise is definitely important and great for your health, but if we're talking strictly shedding pounds, diet is key. You can't outwork a crap diet.

Lifting weights helps too though you don't have to just do cardio. It helps you look thinner imo
I look a lot better now that lift than a few months ago when all I did was cardio (bike) and lost 15 pounds. I'm about the same weight now too

Back
Top Bottom