STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Making my own never became a thought but sounds super interesting can ya recommend something ya done before? 

Regular whey and just throw a bunch of calorie dense stuff in it. A bulk shake is like 600-1000 cal of sugar and crap. You can easily get it there with peanut butter and coconut oil. That's like 3 spoons of peanut butter and 2 of coconut oil. It's fat that your body easily breaks down and converts to useable energy.

Went to a class tonight with my girl. "Body Pump" at the Y.

All super lightweight but tons of reps with barely any resting. I'm definitely feeling it. Girls in there had me questioning my strength.

Currently 160 5'10 my goal is to get bigger and then cut up to have that nice lean look.  Trainer I know recommended I drink this... just curious on your thoughts.. he told me best to take it before bed. I want to get bigger I hate being frail skinny looking. This is my 3rd week of the gym and seeing results which motivates me even more. I've been eating like a beast every single day as well. Any tips are welcomed! 

Like others already said just make your own gainer.
I personally use a Nutribullet and my shakes consist of..

1 cup whole milk (150 cal)
2 scoops ON Whey (240 cal)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (190cal)
1/2 cup steel cut oats (300cal)
1 Banana (100cal)
And 1 Tbsp of coconut oil (120cal)

1100 Calories without the BS Filler.
My goal is to get 3 of those in a day but I usually only fit in one post workout and another right before bed.

Last edited:
177 :pimp:

F it I'm going to 200.

My guy.. iv'e been lurking for awhile, crazy progress you made in a year so props to you.
we're both at about the same weight, i'm trying to go for 190 but its a struggle with all the basketball i play :smh:.
What are your Bench, Squat, and DL numbers looking like?
:nerd:

Coconut oil as the same one you use for your skin and hair? Grabbed a tub from Amazon, I can throw this in s shake also? Joint smells wonderful.

Coconut oil as the same one you use for your skin and hair? Grabbed a tub from Amazon, I can throw this in s shake also? Joint smells wonderful.

You have a link? As long as it's 100% Coconut oil you're good. I wouldn't recommend using the coconut oil products made specifically for hair though.

177 :pimp:

F it I'm going to 200.

My guy.. iv'e been lurking for awhile, crazy progress you made in a year so props to you.
we're both at about the same weight, i'm trying to go for 190 but its a struggle with all the basketball i play :smh:.
What are your Bench, Squat, and DL numbers looking like?
:nerd:

Damn dude I haven't seen you post in a grip! Thanks man :pimp:

I haven't benched in a while I just do db now but I'm finishing whole sets with 75's. I was hitting 205 2 times back when I was 150 on bench. I'm going to get back on the bench soon I just haven't been going with my boy because our schedules.

Dl max was 315 but I also haven't done that in a while since I hurt my back one day. :lol: I'll get back on it in 6 months.

I squated a 5x5 last week at 245 and then front squatted a 5x5 at 165. Haven't ever tried a 1 rep max.

Here's a video of me squatting 225 x 3 a few hours ago.
How does the form look to everyone?

I can't really tell where the bar is on your back, but you have a lot of forward knee travel.

Just make sure you're not pushing pushing off your toes, but it looks pretty solid.

Form looks good from the vid. 
laugh.gif
 its always funny hearing your training partner pushing you (when you're watching vids of your past workout)

I can't really tell where the bar is on your back, but you have a lot of forward knee travel.

Just make sure you're not pushing pushing off your toes, but it looks pretty solid.
Yea that was one thing i noticed but I cant really tell by the angle 

Looks good to me. Props on getting down low.

If I had to nitpick I'd say maybe focus on keeping the bar over midfoot. It might've just been the camera angle, but it looks like it was coming forward slightly. Just nitpicking though.

Glad the thread finally starting to talk diet, I was starting to feel alone out here.

Current favorite foods:

Kale
0% Fat yogurt
Kashi
Salmon
Tuna
Spinach
Almond/Skim Milk
Cashews

180 - 6'1, eating around 1800 cals a day, 2 days of fasting until 3 and 1 day of mostly shakes. Goal is 175, started at 215 as of last August.

Just out of curiosity why is 175 your goal? I know people carry weight different. But i am 6 foot about 175 right now and id like to get down to 170 for soccer season since i feel better running when im lighter. But in the off season im about 180-190. You have any specific goal for why 175?

Forward knee travel isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I would be careful going that deep in that kind of rack just in case you hit the spotter rails.

sloth.jpg

my bench really sucks and I have no confidence in it to the point I hate doing it...I mean my OHP 1RM is only 50 lbs away from my bench.  Can anybody post some solid informational vids for me?

Go to Mark Bells channel on YT, he has countless videos on the subject, watch the ones with Eric Spoto if you want to see some real ****. 

Go to Mark Bells channel on YT, he has countless videos on the subject, watch the ones with Eric Spoto if you want to see some real ****. 
Watched one of his videos...I definitely need to concentrate on the elbow flare.  He said that keeping the elbows tucked could add 60 pounds to the lift?? do you think that's true?

Watched one of his videos...I definitely need to concentrate on the elbow flare.  He said that keeping the elbows tucked could add 60 pounds to the lift?? do you think that's true?

Once you're used to it I definitely think so.

I swear half the people in the weight room look at me sideways whenever I do farmers walks.

Like others already said just make your own gainer.
I personally use a Nutribullet and my shakes consist of..

1 cup whole milk (150 cal)
2 scoops ON Whey (240 cal)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (190cal)
1/2 cup steel cut oats (300cal)
1 Banana (100cal)
And 1 Tbsp of coconut oil (120cal)

1100 Calories without the BS Filler.
My goal is to get 3 of those in a day but I usually only fit in one post workout and another right before bed.
This doesn't sound bad at all... I'm on my bulking ish right now like I said I'm a pretty skinny dude but I'm def seeing results and all this is before shakes... Think if I take this shake it'll help me get bigger the same way something like incredibulk would? 

Back
Top Bottom