STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Somebody school on me on weight lifting. I haven't lifted since fb back in high school ..anything I can go to to see if I have the proper form ?

Also do you all go solo or with friends to spot you and stuff?

Is Jeff seid still relevant?

Don't go on the misc no more so no idea if dude is alive or if he still lifts :lol:

How should I approach leg extensions? I feel like my body has gotten too comfortable with the weight and rep high rep count that I'm currently at but also a bit hesitant when i comes to increasing the weight. Injury is what I'm concerned about.

Is Jeff seid still relevant?

Don't go on the misc no more so no idea if dude is alive or if he still lifts :lol:

He'll post some videos here and there on YouTube but that's pretty much it :rofl:

How should I approach leg extensions? I feel like my body has gotten too comfortable with the weight and rep high rep count that I'm currently at but also a bit hesitant when i comes to increasing the weight. Injury is what I'm concerned about.

I've stayed away from leg extensions for a while now. All the literature I've read about it says it puts too much stress on the knees. So many other leg exercises to choose from, back squat, front squat, leg press, lunges etc.

Last edited:
Well....I almost died today on day one of Shortcut to Shred. Wanted to test it out and did the chest, tri, and core. I messed up by picking mountain climbers as my first accelerated cardio.
I did feel good after the workout and the looks on people's face when they see you working harder than them is always a plus.

Somebody school on me on weight lifting. I haven't lifted since fb back in high school ..anything I can go to to see if I have the proper form ?

Also do you all go solo or with friends to spot you and stuff?

YouTube helped me a lot starting out. I used to go a lot solo in the beginning. Then I got a co worker into it and go with him and at least 4 days a week my girl comes who used to compete and was a personal trainer so I learn a grip from her if I'm getting bored of my routine. She watches my form everytime I squat.

But for different lifts etc YouTube. I like strength camp for the most part as long as he's not ranting about nothing. He also preaches mobility which is important I think so you're not walking around with a ****** up posture and not flexible.

what helped me the most on bench was having my elite powerlifting father-in-law sit me down and coach me. everything from watching me lift to repositioning my feet, wrists, back position to getting on the bench himself and show me what i'm doing wrong and the correct way to do it. can't beat having a knowledgeable coach actually coaching you. they rag me in lifting sessions by saying .... where'd you learn that? youtube? hahaha!!! what? bodybuilding dot com? bwahaha. it's pretty humbling.

Last edited:
Have you guys heard of Clarence Kenndy..

Boy is a beast and he's on no OWL team.

[Video]

[Video][\video][/Video][/Video]

Last edited:
Anybody here knows their stuff on refeeds? I need more guidance on it...

For the past month ive been on a diet where 5 days im on a no starchy carbs diet(carbs from veggies) and then sunday i have a refeed day. But then i read that some people has refeed days every 3-4 days and others have it every 2 weeks.

I still have more fat to lose but I guess what im asking here is stick to the once a week or change it up to another way to make me lose weight faster? IF anyone can help pm me pleaseeeeee
you don't need refeed days...I experimented a little with it and all it did was set me back....i''ve been low carbing (less than 30g a day) for over a year now and my lifting totals haven't suffered w/o refeeds

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....I almost died today on day one of Shortcut to Shred. Wanted to test it out and did the chest, tri, and core. I messed up by picking mountain climbers as my first accelerated cardio.
I did feel good after the workout and the looks on people's face when they see you working harder than them is always a plus.

Good to hear ima start it monday fully. Yea people look at you weird when u putting in work its the weirdest thing lol. We have a 55 yard artificial turf field in our gym so i would run that then come back to shoulder presses. People were like wtf.

Good to hear ima start it monday fully. Yea people look at you weird when u putting in work its the weirdest thing lol. We have a 55 yard artificial turf field in our gym so i would run that then come back to shoulder presses. People were like wtf.

That sounds like crossfit.

My man

*cue Denzel Washington gif

Damn I was all dressed in my gym clothes, ate my pre-workout meal and everything, and then I realize my car is not in the garage.

Normally that's not a problem. But I keep my Romaleos in the trunk. Smh...

Fail.

Tuesday will mark my 6 week hiatus from the gym to heal a lower back strain. Inzer in route. I'm ready to get back in there

Last edited:
I've been squatting 205 for the longest and repping it well. I need to suck it up already and jump to 225. :lol:

Had one of those good days at the gym today 
pimp.gif
. Straight beast mode on deads and back. I shoulda tried to see if I can do more reps of 205 bench 
laugh.gif

And I aint even take my nap when I got home from work this morning

Last edited:
That's what my boy keeps telling me. He's like you put up 205 20x times. Just throw 20 pounds on and you won't even notice. I'm going for it next time.

I haven't benched in a month. I've been going hard on db press at all angles and cables. My chest looks better and I will not bench solo because I don't push myself.

Tuesday will mark my 6 week hiatus from the gym to heal a lower back strain. Inzer in route. I'm ready to get back in there

Good for you for getting back.

Never use an injury as an excuse for that long of a "hiatus". Just cause you can't go hard doesn't mean you can't go.

The amount of times I fall in and out of shape is absurd. I fell off the wagon hard again. Here's to another time tryna get in shape!

Back
Top Bottom