STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I wear the eastbay compression shorts everyday to da gym. Don't know how I went so long just wearing boxers, mad uncomfy when you start sweating.

Cant wear long ones, won't be able to get my SBDs on :lol:

Quit wearing that poverty compression gear.

Quit wearing that poverty compression gear.
I have Nike ones too, no one even sees them 
laugh.gif

I hope you don't think it serves any other function then holding your nuts in place.

Last edited:
The only honest use I can see for compression pants besides keeping your nuts in place is if you're training in a cold environment. Like an old school gym without heat or outdoor cardio during the winter.

If you are just strutting around the gym in compression pants, you're probably an attention horse. Or incredibly misinformed on their utility.

I have Nike ones too, no one even sees them 
laugh.gif

I hope you don't think it serves any other function then holding your nuts in place.
Also prevents chafing, bruh...
wink.gif
  When your legs rub together like mine do, you wear what works!

I'm not stating it will provide maximum stability.

I'm simply saying that the added compression helps a bit in stabilization. Some is mental, some is physical.

Whatever helps, know what I mean?

and they're comfortable as ****
smokin.gif
I wasn't talkin bout you dog 
laugh.gif

I was talkin bout lil JewJew *** 

Last edited:
The only honest use I can see for compression pants besides keeping your nuts in place is if you're training in a cold environment. Like an old school gym without heat or outdoor cardio during the winter.

If you are just strutting around the gym in compression pants, you're probably an attention horse. Or incredibly misinformed on their utility.

We really gonna let this one slide or am I missing something?

I wear compression shorts/pants for comfort plus keeping everything together. friend of mine was doing some sleds back in the day and had his b@$%# twisted that required surgery to fix so I forever will wear them.

I can understand if your doing olympic lifts that you just wear compression gear with no shorts on top because you don't want your shorts to get caught up on the bar. Happens to me all the time but my gym ain't the place to come out the shorts. I'd have to do it when it's empty.

If I'm going to the gym for any reason I'm rocking compression tights, can't be sweating in my boxers, not comfortable for me.

seen the compression talk

if you wear nothing but compression pants.... :x :smh: something wrong with u

seen a skinny kid wearing it with no pants or shorts on... weirdest thing ever

:lol: bwood

i don't know about sbd knee sleeves but my tk sleeves are not too bad to get on if you do this: slide them on upside down and inside out. fold down the lip of side closest to your knee. grab the edge by your foot and then pull them upwards while making sure the rolled edge below your knee stays in place somewhat. you're basically pulling it up and inside out again so that once that motion is finished, it's perfectly in place.

Tonight felt like the longest workout of my life.

So I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5, right? Today was Workout B so I had to squat, OHP, and deadlift.

Some dude already had the rack so I ask him how many sets he has left and if he minds if I work in. He says 5 and that he's working with 4 other people so I say, "Oh iight." Mind you my gym only has one squat rack so I go do OHP but with lightweight so I'm not just standing there doing nothing. Then I go back to check on the squat rack and realize he's working with 2 guys and 2 girls. They're all doing different weights so it takes them hella long between each set. So to kill time I do some cardio and then eventually get on the squat rack. I do my 5 sets and then get to OHP-ing some heavier weight since I had the rack. So I finish that up then get to deadlifting. My gym is relatively small so the deadlift setup is right behind the Smith machine. So who is on the Smith machine? None other than the guy originally on the squat rack and his 4 friends. I had to ask the women to move out of the way at least 3 times while I was deadlifting.

TL;DR: Big groups working out at the gym is really annoying.

Important thing is you got it done, bro.

I used to lift at a tiny gym and when I walked into a situation where the equipment I needed was in use I would just walk out.

boxer15 boxer15 , thanks man. For Lent, instead of giving up something like people typically do, I decided I wouldn't let myself miss any workouts. No excuses. It's part of the reason I decided to start doing Stronglifts since it's only 3 times a week.

Don't see nothing wrong with just rocking compression pants. Haven't plunked down the dough to buy some Virus 3/4's but when I do, all my Oly lifts will be done in compression pants only. :lol:

All these rules. There's a reason why runners run in tights, it's more functional.

I wear compression pants all time when I lift lol they are comfortable af. Don't see why it bothers some of you

I never understood why guys who didn't play some type of sport wore these. This thread finally helped me understand. Amazing what NT can do. Some guy at my gym wears these camo tights and a tank top to workout only. I always thought it was gay. But whatever

I always wear some form of compression shorts, pants or 3/4 for workouts and sports. Everything feels held together so much better.

I don't think I could pull off the no shorts look though! You need to be lifting mega weight / be a pro to justify that :lol:

How are people wearing compression shorts under their work our shorts then hating on compression pants? I wear compression pants on squat and dead lift days under my shorts. It saves my legs from abrasions on deadlift day and keeps my muscles nice and warm (increased circulation which can increase flexibility) on squats.

I seriously think that people that hate them have never put them on. Wear them for one leg day and you don't' want to do another one without them.

but please god wear shorts over them or just pants over them thanks

Last edited:
ive been wearing compression shorts during workouts since high school football.

definitely under shorts tho haha. unless you got some greek god type body i think it should be rocking the tights look

Don't see nothing wrong with just rocking compression pants. Haven't plunked down the dough to buy some Virus 3/4's but when I do, all my Oly lifts will be done in compression pants only. :lol:

All these rules. There's a reason why runners run in tights, it's more functional.
About to order some from muscledriver before their 15% off goes away. No shorts shall be worn lol

Back
Top Bottom