STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^^^oh I've seen waaaaay worse. I'm not saying the gym should have managers walking around policing space-hoarders, I'm just saying it's annoying. Imagine how annoying it is just working out each day and then imagine being a trainer and you're putting up with this stuff altering your training sessions all day long. You learn to adjust pretty quickly but years of being patient and accommodating to everyone else's self-absorption can get tiring.

If someone is holding up your workout due to monopolizing/misusing equipment, you'd be tight also.

I'm probably like most people...just like to get in and get out of the gym. No time to waste.

Curls in the squat racks...mini circuits...etc...ESPECIALLY during peak hours, is beyond stupid.

Mini circuits bother me more than curls in the squat rack. But as blaster said everyone pays to be there. So i cant really complain

Mini circuits bother me more than curls in the squat rack. But as blaster said everyone pays to be there. So i cant really complain

Pretty much. I also hate the dudes who think they're vip members or something walking around in constant slow motion, not re racking anything, rearranging things and throwing weights all over the place. :lol: they're just as bad

Last edited:

Pretty much. I also hate the dudes who think they're vip members or something walking around in constant slow motion, not re racking anything, rearranging things and throwing weights all over the place. :lol: they're just as bad

Not re-racking is the worst...

You ever ask someone to come back and rack the weights before you start your lift?

I feel bad doing standing OHP in the squat rack, if I had somewhere else to do it I would..I suppose I could power clean into an OHP, but the weights too heavy for me to do that

Nah this isn't so bad imo. I OHP, row, squat, and even bench and deadlift in the power cage/squat rack if I need to. It bothers me though when they can do exercises really not necessary in there like curls and shrugs or even some dudes who leave the rack and do assistance exercises and then come back.

And then the hoarders that just take all the weights in the gym like they are storing food for the winter. :smh:

Not re-racking is the worst...

You ever ask someone to come back and rack the weights before you start your lift?

No :lol: I've never done that. I don't know man, I'm just a nice guy. I don't get too made about things. Don't get me wrong, it's head shaking seeing the things some people do but I just keep to myself and kinda just laugh.

I think off all things the 2 that get me the most are

1. People dropping weights from as high as they can (almost throwing them) for the sake of making a spectacle of themselves for all to see and awe at

2. People that leave things all over the place like their mom works at the gym and will pick up after them.

Yeah I think leaving your weights on the bar is annoying as hell. I was a manager at my last gym and would spend half the evening telling dudes to rack their weights. Had a lady once complain to me that someone left a pair of 45s on the leg press and asked me and my client to be take them off for her. We did. She put 25s on, did 2 sets, and walked away without racking the weights. :/

the worst i ever saw was my old gym. there was one squat rack and an older couple would set up there with mats, bands, straps, towels, chairs and a damn DVD player and do a whole fitness DVD routine for well over 30 mins.

roll.gif

I would have lost it.

the worst i ever saw was my old gym. there was one squat rack and an older couple would set up there with mats, bands, straps, towels, chairs and a damn DVD player and do a whole fitness DVD routine for well over 30 mins.

Now that's OD :lol:

Doing p90x in the middle of the room :rofl:

I've asked people to re-rack, it's rude

P90 in the middle of the gym though....'
before our new gym area, we had people who use to do laps around the treadmill area..

I've asked people to re-rack, it's rude

P90 in the middle of the gym though....'
before our new gym area, we had people who use to do laps around the treadmill area..

Bruh we got dudes trying to get 40 times :lol:

Like first of all, who has the nerve to be doing that in front of everyone? :rofl: secondly, do Yall not care at all about anyone else's saftey? I'm talking about an all out sprint

Then we got dudes doing ladder drills in the most random crowded places :x

My gym (24 hour fitness -_-) has 2 squat racks. I just simply can't tolerate people who do exercises that the rack is not needed for.

There are numerous other places in the gym where you can do curls and pull-ups.

My gym (24 hour fitness -_-) has 2 squat racks. I just simply can't tolerate people who do exercises that the rack is not needed for.

There are numerous other places in the gym where you can do curls and pull-ups.

Speaking of which, I seen a dude go to the squat rack, put the bar on the higest slot, and then did his pull ups on the bar :rofl:

Yes there's a pull-up bar in the gym

Thread is turning into "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? Gym Edition". Not that I'm complaining; some of these stories are making me lol in class.

I've been doing more cardio- just erging for 2000-5000 m depending on how I feel. The least bad form of cardio I've done in a while.

Speaking of which, I seen a dude go to the squat rack, put the bar on the higest slot, and then did his pull ups on the bar :rofl:

Yes there's a pull-up bar in the gym

I've seen dudes do full pull ups on smith machines... ( I do the low pull ups that are like 3 feet high)
but full pull ups though.

Ive been doing 3 exercises using the latpull down machine since i started, so should i just do more sets of pull ups and more set of barbell row and ditch the lat pull down?

The lat pull down is essentially the same as a pull-up. I prefer weighted pull-ups, but either will suffice.

I'd say if you can do weighted pull-ups instead, I'd do them.

As for rows, it's all dependent on your program. My program is super basic, so I do a very small number of exercises in general.

I've done those things at a commercial gym. (pullups on smith machines and squat racks) At these commercial gyms there's like two legit pullup bars and like 10 people who want to use it sometimes.

Sometimes you got to improvise instead of waiting around. :lol:

As long as you're not a **** and step aside when someone wants to use it, I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
I hate waiting as much as the next guy but I don't own the place either
laugh.gif
can't walk around like "move! Your exercise habits disgust me"
. Yall complain about being inconsiderate and then say you also want to do or do inconsiderate things
laugh.gif

It is what it is man. Sharing is caring
Co-Signed. Depending on what time you go to my University's gym (anytime from 10am-7pm, really), you could be waiting 10-20min for a squat rack or bench, maybe even more. It sucks, but they were there first and I partially blame myself for not getting up early enough to workout before my first class. I rarely have to wait for anything when I'm there around 6:30-7:00am. Early morning workouts>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom