STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I finally got some proper weightlifting shoes, squatted personal best of 315 x 3 with proper form on Saturday: rock solid stability. I did power cleans before that, but it was my first time trying that and my form wasn't great. I purchased Greg Everett's Olympic Weightlifting book which will come in the mail on Wednesday to improve my form. I want to try the Clean & Jerk too. How do all of you incorporate all these lifts into your routines? I'm trying to lift t 6 days a week, with the primary goal of bodybuilding. I'm doing 6 sprints each day too. I want to get stronger, leaner, and have fun doing these Olympic lifts. It's all new to me. I ate like a pig all weekend and I need to get back to eating right. :smh:

Found this video of the C&J record. Damn.

You're trying to do a lot of different things that are all just... different things. If your primary goal is to bodybuild, then doing a mix of Olympic lifts and power lifts 6 days a week isn't going to get you there. It actually sounds like a lot for any of the 3 things you're trying to incorporate.

If you're totally new to all of this, learning and mastering powelifts and Olympic lifts first is a great way to build a foundation for bodybuilding. Try choosing in powerlifting program to start with. Try just doing Rippetoe'a 5 x 5 or Sheiko, they're easy to google and build a template on. They'll have you actually lifting maybe 3-5 days a week, not 6. Run at least one full round of a program, and then practice the Olympic lifts at very light weight in the meantime until you're ready to load them up.

From the strength and size you gain from your first 6-9 months of that, you can decide how to split up your time and training into a bodybuilding split if that's what you're still really into.

You're trying to do a lot of different things that are all just... different things. If your primary goal is to bodybuild, then doing a mix of Olympic lifts and power lifts 6 days a week isn't going to get you there. It actually sounds like a lot for any of the 3 things you're trying to incorporate.

If you're totally new to all of this, learning and mastering powelifts and Olympic lifts first is a great way to build a foundation for bodybuilding. Try choosing in powerlifting program to start with. Try just doing Rippetoe'a 5 x 5 or Sheiko, they're easy to google and build a template on. They'll have you actually lifting maybe 3-5 days a week, not 6. Run at least one full round of a program, and then practice the Olympic lifts at very light weight in the meantime until you're ready to load them up.

From the strength and size you gain from your first 6-9 months of that, you can decide how to split up your time and training into a bodybuilding split if that's what you're still really into.

Completely agree...

Figure out your goal, training for physique and training for performance are two different things. Performance training sometimes leads to a great physique, not guaranteed though.

Power Lifters and Olympic Lifters sacrifice physique at a drop of a hat if it means performance gets enhanced. Most don't even like the word "cutting", :lol:, they refer it as dropping weight to make their class.

Truth is, it's difficult to cut by body building standards when doing complex/explosive lifts. They require tons of energy and focus.

Visit eattoperform.com. Good resource.

Never understood golfers and how people talking during their backswing threw them off... until I started snatching. It's the only lift that grinds my gears when someone tries to talk to me during the set up.

Got my Inzer single prong 10mm belt in.

Ordered January 27th, received the belt February 19th, with no shipping confirmation. I ordered a black one, which is in stock so I did not have to wait an extra time for custom order.

Belt feels amazing, but definitely feels like it will need quite some time for break-in.  Will use it for the first time in the gym tonight.

Will let you guys know.

Ordered January 27th, received the belt February 19th, with no shipping confirmation. I ordered a black one, which is in stock so I did not have to wait an extra time for custom order.

Belt feels amazing, but definitely feels like it will need quite some time for break-in.  Will use it for the first time in the gym tonight.

Will let you guys know.
Yeah they suck at shipping, they lost one of mine before then sent me another.

The belt is top notch quality though, wrap it around a pole and pull it back and forth, that will help break it in.

Are those Cliff bars any good if I'm trying to cut , I really want some type of snack or a bar that's gonna hold my hunger for at least an hour or are there any other ones you guys would recommend

Will let you guys know.
I did this to break in my belt:

Cliff has a lot of carbs.

My lower/mid back is killing me folks. I had a friend massage it (shes a trainer) and one spot in the middle of my mid/lower back hurts when a decent amount of pressure it used. Sitting in my car and driving its uncomfortavle as well. Laying down is fine but I find myself moving a lot to make it a little more comfortable.

Imma get it checked out asap. A sore mid back shoudve healed by now, last Thursday is when I first was like ok, I gotta rest my back.

Will let you guys know.
Yeah they suck at shipping, they lost one of mine before then sent me another.

The belt is top notch quality though, wrap it around a pole and pull it back and forth, that will help break it in.
Yeah quality is amazing. Kinda wished I went with Inzer instead of wasting my money on an EliteFTS belt (which I'm still trying to sell for mad cheap btw, hit the PM if interested).

My lower/mid back is killing me folks. I had a friend massage it (shes a trainer) and one spot in the middle of my mid/lower back hurts when a decent amount of pressure it used. Sitting in my car and driving its uncomfortavle as well. Laying down is fine but I find myself moving a lot to make it a little more comfortable.

Imma get it checked out asap. A sore mid back shoudve healed by now, last Thursday is when I first was like ok, I gotta rest my back.

What would you recommend ?

What would you recommend ?
Questbars, srs.

Breh, Canada doesn't even have any Quest Chips or Quest S'mores bars
mean.gif

Man, be careful letting anyone massage your back when it's like that. They could easily do something and make it worse.

If it hurts to sit, I'd get it checked out. ESPECIALLY if it hurts after a week of rest. That's normally the point where I'd make a movement (or ignore it) and all of a sudden, I can't walk or get out of bed.

Completely agree...

Figure out your goal, training for physique and training for performance are two different things. Performance training sometimes leads to a great physique, not guaranteed though.

Power Lifters and Olympic Lifters sacrifice physique at a drop of a hat if it means performance gets enhanced. Most don't even like the word "cutting",
laugh.gif
, they refer it as dropping weight to make their class.

Truth is, it's difficult to cut by body building standards when doing complex/explosive lifts. They require tons of energy and focus.

Visit eattoperform.com. Good resource.

Never understood golfers and how people talking during their backswing threw them off... until I started snatching. It's the only lift that grinds my gears when someone tries to talk to me during the set up.
Combining powerlifting/Oly lifting with also an emphasis in bodybuilding is most def possible.

You can learn and get better at olympic lifting while focusing primarily on bodybuilding. If your training volume/ intensity and nutrition is handled properly then you can do the 2 simultaneously.

Man, be careful letting anyone massage your back when it's like that. They could easily do something and make it worse.

If it hurts to sit, I'd get it checked out. ESPECIALLY if it hurts after a week of rest. That's normally the point where I'd make a movement (or ignore it) and all of a sudden, I can't walk or get out of bed.

It feels better when im standing up/walking than sitting in my car. Gonna get it checked out tomorrow, gives me an excuse to get outta work anyways. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom